• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaShizWiz: APEX 2012 Good Player Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Aw man I really don't have much money right now :( Otherwise I would've donated more lol. I donated $5 for you though :) Just make an account and donate more haha. Cmon Vman. If you can recreate the Yoshi metagame and make so many amazing combo vids, I'm sure you can make a Paypal account ;)
^quoted for epicness

/embarrassed

/humbled

/happy face

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Edit: If Shiz get ***** at this tournament then I expect an apology from the lot of you.
People like you will never get what the smash community is really about.

We don't donate to people simply because they're good players. There would a ton of those kind of threads everywhere otherwise. I donated 20$ for this. Would I be disappointed if Shiz didn't place well at the tournament? No. Would most of the people here be disappointed? Not at all. People donate to Shiz not only because he is a legend, but because he is an amazing person. A person that they love and care for. I'm not going to Apex (my first american tournament) thinking "damn I hope Shiz gets at least 5th", I'm going there hyped to know that one of my favorite players of all time is going to be there, and that I'll be able to play and talk to him. The smash community is a gaming community, but it is first and foremost a community. Respected members of this community, no matter how old they are, will always be treasured.

As much as I read so far from this thread, you don't seem to go to tournaments. You have to experience the human side of the smash community before you can truly understand where we're coming from.

Sorry for bringing this out again, but I, as someone who donated, really wanted to speak my mind out on this matter.

finalcloud13

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy that I'll get to see Shiz play. I don't know who I'm directing this to, but whoever's there make sure Shiz gets recorded 24/7.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I like how Axe talks about donating (and actually is donating - props), yet flies around with a .gif of him ****** Shiz Fox in his signature. :troll:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I like how Axe talks about donating (and actually is donating - props), yet flies around with a .gif of him ****** Shiz Fox in his signature. :troll:
this actually made me laugh out loud
it's made slightly funnier by the fact that the .gif is from apex too

Acryte

Smash Ace
Donated $20. All I want is more subway MMs with Shiz self-commentary, ****'s amazing.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks a lot HBK!! You're amazing dude.

Now that we're at the goal amount I'm going to transfer the funds to my bank account (to ensure that paypal doesn't hold it / for some ridiculous reason like they always do), and then look in to the tickets. I'll update you guys in a couple of days when it's done!!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Wow, I'm kinda amazed at how quickly the money was gathered for this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Also, I've got a desk job too... WTF kinda desk job you got to donate 125$ lmao XD
Entry level software engineering. If I stopped donating to everybody I might be able to afford a third personal laptop at the end of the year, but I figure that's getting a little extravagant.

Varist

Smash Lord
Crazy thing is, if everyone in all three games' communities donated $5 (a day's lunch money) we'd be able to fly every notable name for the last decade to Apex 2012 easy.

but apparently paypal is a ***** to get :troll:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Entry level software engineering. If I stopped donating to everybody I might be able to afford a third personal laptop at the end of the year, but I figure that's getting a little extravagant.
Lol, get me a job with you hahaha.

And THANKS to everyone who did donate or atleast wanted to donate, be sure to come up to me at the tourney and lets all try and get some food and play some matches yall. I won't sandbag hahahah :chuckle:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom