• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day 0 madness: This is why we love smash

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
It's already here, some of us got the game early, some got them release day, some of us will get it later but this is why we love smash

Share that special moment that just made you laugh or overall happier to own this awesome game

Like an good ol' op I'll start

1v1 for glory
I was Ike playing against with a pretty good yoshi (I'm a smash veteran pretty unstoppable back in brawl, now not so much but I'm at advanced player).
The fight was not easy, yoshi it's pretty damn good in this version, first stock was taken away from me with ease and then got lucky and took his with an up smash. The moment of truth came and I was high as 130% and my opponent was like 50-60% that's when I hit him as he hit me we went both flying off the screen... And the winner was....

ME!!! Because he went flying off and I got to hit the front of te screen animation

I was laughing so hard that the tears where about to flow through

PRICELESS THATS WHY I LOVE SMASH

Robiin

Smash Cadet
My first happy moment was actually realising that I was playing versus a human. I've been playing smash for long, but since the first year of Melee basically, I've not had any friends to play. So when I jumped online, and got wrecked by some Mac player, I thought about what I could change in my approach. I realised that this dude just dash attacks all day, so I started spot dodging and grabbing his ass. Then after a while he stopped dash attacking as well and I realised: "I am actually playing against a thinking human being!"

After basically playing Smash against CPU's for an eternity, that was mindblowing.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This game was complete for me the second I saw that Mega Man was in it. I got my ass kicked by an amazing Mega Man player online yesterday, I shed some manly tears after that.

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
I was playing For Glory as Palutena and I got paired against a Japanese Zero Suit Samus player. The first game was completely one sided, in the other person's favor, and the only hits I managed the whole fight was 2 counters and a dash attack. I was surprised they stayed around considering how bad I did, but the second game I started doing a bit better. I still lost horribly, but I got a few more hits in. On the 3rd game I managed to take one of the other player's stocks, and by our last couple of games it ended up coming down to who could hit a kill move first, which ended up being the other player both times. I ended up losing 7 or so matches, but they were the most intesnse and fun matches I've played so far and to go from losing by such a large margin to having a shot at winning was an incredible feeling. I was also starting to have some doubts about continueing to play Palutena at all up to that point, but those games renewed my interest in her.

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
hitting 2000 ft on first try on home run contest made me happy

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whenever losing repeatedly on someone in For Glory, I tend to come back for more matches to pick up what he does in order to be so good. Sometimes it goes into AT-based play or just me finding out that I can't keep up a good momentum when using certain characters right into doing a kill. Grows a good player.

Last edited:

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
gotta add meteor smashing anyone for the win its so satisfying

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I can only think of one moment that was by far the best moment and it didn't even happen in smash. When I got the game, I went to my room to get my 3ds and proceeded to dance and jump in excitement. :D

Top Bottom