• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dayton Ohio Nexuslan Tournament March 14 @ Mound Street Acadamies

smash64

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post but i forgot to tell you guys that i forgot my gift card that i won on that tourney did any one see it?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Oh ya, I remember seeing that, but I don't know who actually ended up taking it...probably the staff or clean up crew....

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I think it went like this:
1: Smash 64
2: Infern Angelis
4: Tyr_03
4: Fromundaman
8: Fizzle_Boy
8: 3 other people who aren't me
Thats as much as I know.

e__

Smash Ace
shouldn't the placing be like

I think me and you tied for 5th, Fizzle.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i had to drop out for work :[, and the only reason that we couldnt do money is the venue wont allow gambling (private school) but next time i think a hush hush $5 entry is in order, since i wasnt there for the tourney i dont know the results

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i didnt know what you had in the first place or what it looked like but i do know that next time you all should try to stay long enough for the raffles. Rude RanXor won the $1200 proccessor but left early so it was given to someone else

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
If someone who actually knows the bracket could put the results up that'd be nice. I want to report them for the Lucas boards. If it helps...

I beat Fromundaman, beat Clowsui, beat Fizzle, lost to Infern (winners finals), lost to Smash64.

I'm suspicious that loser's brackets were set up wrong but didn't think it necesary to say anything about it at the time since it was such a small casual tourney.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
my brother said that he didnt know how to set up losers on paper, this was his first double elim and the person who was supposed to bring us a laptop that we were gonna use for recording and brackets never showed

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Oh well. It was fun anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the tasty M&M's.

Everyone should come to tourney's in Cincinnati when you get the chance. Otherwise I'll see some of you at the next Midwest Circuit event. Lucas will be back with a vengeance.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha Tyr, I want a go at that Lucas again next time!

I think I tied for 3rd or 4th with Tyr. He knocked me out in the first round, then I beat a Pikachu (EZ2 I think?), a Marth, and someone else (I think it was either another Marth or JAL's ZSS... I can't remember.), then lost to Smash 64.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Well since i now know how easy it is too keep stuff away from admins we will do money next time for sure but we will have to keep it quiet just like we did this time. That is if they dont switch to another venue. then it wont matter anyway. Also expect to see me at some time in the future when I manage to get another car. Hopefully that will be soon, but if not then I'll see you all again at the Midwest circuit event. Also we do play at sinclair on tuesdays and thursdays so come down sometime, our thread is in the social room

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It should have been:

1. Infern Angelis
2. Smash64
3. Tyr

And on from there. I played Infern in Winner's Finals and lost to him which should have sent me directly to loser's finals against Smash64 who beat me, putting me in 3rd. The next two tied for 5th but I don't know who they were.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, hehe, I guess I'd be tied for 5th then. My bad.

Smash, was your gift card just a Best Buy gift card, or did you have the online store one too? I ask because a TO found one for the online one and didn't know who's it was. Not sure if he still has it or gave it to the PC guy who called dibs. (The TO's name was Andy, so we can ask Jellytime to ask him about it.)

So money's on the line next time so long as it's hush hush? *glares at Clowsui*

Seriously though, it was fun. GJ to all you guys.

Infern, thanks for showing me how much of a pain Ike can be (and reminding me to forever ban PS against him!). Oh, and stop killing yourself so much :laugh:

64, Fun games. Wish I'd had time to try that Snake a few more times. Also, your DK is ****.

EZ2: GGs! FEAR THE SPAM HAT!

To all the Marths I played (all of which were on BF it seems...): GGs! I confirm that I still hate Dancing Blade. Still, the matchup didn't feel *quite* as bad as I thought it was (I went in as afraid of Marth as Clowsui's Falco is afraid of Kirby.).

JAL: Hehe, ZSS is insane in B+! (Normal Brawl too, but compared to her brawl+ version...)

Scribble: He was so scared he ran away. That work excuse? He made it up. He just didn't want to lose :laugh:

Tyr: That Lucas was crazy. I have something I want to try next time I face you though.

Clowsui: WHO WANTS TO MONEY MATCH!?

To anyone else I'm forgetting: Sorry... A lot of fun was had though, and I don't remember a match I didn't enjoy (except that one on Pirate Ship against Infern... >.< ), so GGs!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awesome thanks!

Hey, if they didn't notice that, I think they won't notice a stealth money tourny next time :laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I honestly wish we could have had that one recorded or thought to save the replay. Despite it being the most humiliating defeat I have ever suffered, that match was too good.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I wish we'd gotten my matches against Infern recorded. I'll get you next time God Kais!!

Fromundaman: Yeah, sorry I didn't get to play your Mario that much. I was really looking for money matches to make up some of the money for the entry fee. It worked. :) I should be at the next midwest circuit event and we can do some friendlies or MM's if you like.

You all just don't know how to play Pirate Ship against Ike yet. I finally have it figured out.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah... that was the first time I'd played one on PS and I just didn't know what to do. In fact, I still don't, other than banning PS >.<

No worries. I tried doing that too, but I ended up leaving even poorer :laugh:
Ah well... I should know better than to MM good FE characters/players...

e__

Smash Ace
For the players without a projectile, you ban Pirate Ship and just prey that you can approach him on Corneria.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll tell you some tricks on Pirate Ship tomorrow, Bob. It's not impossible.

smash64

Smash Champion
Oh, hehe, I guess I'd be tied for 5th then. My bad.

Smash, was your gift card just a Best Buy gift card, or did you have the online store one too? I ask because a TO found one for the online one and didn't know who's it was. Not sure if he still has it or gave it to the PC guy who called dibs. (The TO's name was Andy, so we can ask Jellytime to ask him about it.)

So money's on the line next time so long as it's hush hush? *glares at Clowsui*

Seriously though, it was fun. GJ to all you guys.

Infern, thanks for showing me how much of a pain Ike can be (and reminding me to forever ban PS against him!). Oh, and stop killing yourself so much :laugh:

64, Fun games. Wish I'd had time to try that Snake a few more times. Also, your DK is ****.

EZ2: GGs! FEAR THE SPAM HAT!

To all the Marths I played (all of which were on BF it seems...): GGs! I confirm that I still hate Dancing Blade. Still, the matchup didn't feel *quite* as bad as I thought it was (I went in as afraid of Marth as Clowsui's Falco is afraid of Kirby.).

JAL: Hehe, ZSS is insane in B+! (Normal Brawl too, but compared to her brawl+ version...)

Scribble: He was so scared he ran away. That work excuse? He made it up. He just didn't want to lose :laugh:

Tyr: That Lucas was crazy. I have something I want to try next time I face you though.

Clowsui: WHO WANTS TO MONEY MATCH!?

To anyone else I'm forgetting: Sorry... A lot of fun was had though, and I don't remember a match I didn't enjoy (except that one on Pirate Ship against Infern... >.< ), so GGs!
i only had the online gift card thats it idk if the owners would keep it or some one just took it

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
If i knew what it was i would have held onto it for you and the best buy card i still have it was out of my pocket I just forgot to give it out ill just hold onto it untill the next time i see you. just dont let me forget when it comes to remembering im an airhead XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh heh. With all the tournies coming up, I didn't want this one to just be forgotten. Guess it can go dead for a while then.

(Also, tourny tomorrow maybe!)

Top Bottom