• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

db to f-smash

legion598

Smash Ace
every1 knows about the 3 hits of db into a tipped f-smash my question is does this set up work at 60% and up (killing range) and also is it easy for the opponent to react before u smash them

VietGeek

Smash Hero
He's asking if doing the three hits of DB then stopping and doing a Fsmash is a viable set-up.

I going with no regardless of if you aim DB up, down, or neutral/side. Barely any hitstun means anyone with half a brain will get out and punish you.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
He's asking if doing the three hits of DB then stopping and doing a Fsmash is a viable set-up.

I going with no regardless of if you aim DB up, down, or neutral/side. Barely any hitstun means anyone with half a brain will get out and punish you.
QFT, really people need to stop thinking of DB setups b/c they barely work. The only thing that is a viable setup with DB is finishing the stupid sequence.

Most setups involving DB only work due to incorrect reaction of the opponent or mindgames (yeah mindgames), but neither is definite. Again your better off just finishing the combo really. And all of the third strikes in Marth's DB have way too much post lag to follow up with anything.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
Most people think like you 3xSwords, so it could work on you.

As you said , mindgames.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna say a hearty "no." Do the third downb and gtfo, unless they let you finish. DB only finishes DB, unless they hold their shield longer than they should...in which case stop it with that third downb and get to shieldbreaking. At least then the space you gained made it a somewhat safe option.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Most people think like you 3xSwords, so it could work for you.

As you said , mindgames.
I'm hoping that you meant this. Because for one thing if you are going to stop the third hit DB, you have enough post lag that I'll take your gift of stopping the guaranteed DB and I'll just walk out of there.

Seriously, even if I'm getting "mindgamed" I could shield your tip f-smash. So my way of thinking really has nothing to do with how it will hit me. I'm just being down to earth, you're just being out there, because mindgames does not cover being ********.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

^This

10char

Avsfreak18

Smash Cadet
its a perfect setup... if you wanna die

marths fsmash is quick enough and has enough range that you should be able to get them as they approach you

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Probaly the only good DB setup is to stop after the first hit and then follow up with jab or dtilt. But even that setup has limits.

Top Bottom