• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Brandon is gonna upload the matches on the projector, and they were recorded by ajp

other uploaders include me, JB, tahsis, okami and swordsaint (and some other people that I don't know)

And holy **** shotuouts are gonna take SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long
I ended up only recording a few friendlies in the Vegas hotel room (Irish Mafia, Dart, Little England vs vegas players). I did some commentary and held it down on JB's setup, that's where you saw me. So for the ~2 guys that like my commentary, sub up on DVCrecROOM. For the rest, sub up on DVCrecROOM and mute me. ;)

MasterC

Smash Ace
mad props to mango and armada, that grand finals was fu***ng raaaaaaaape

the teams matches were pretty entertaining as well xD can't wait for the vids!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
based on how awesome this apparently was i guarontee that i'll be at the next one. if there is one. probably not in practice. i might even enter.

as long as it isn't during some other important life event.

<3 can't wait to see some more videos and things, everyone says it's the best event they've ever been to! Well done DBR.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
This tournament was so F***ING AMAZING!!!!

I lost my voice yelling over everyone to root for Armada!! Definitely the loudest mother****er there!! haha

GO PEACH <3

:peach:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm probably going to forget a lot of you, but here it goes.

First of all - major shoutouts to all of DBR for putting on a great event. This was the best tournament i've been to. Not only was it fun and hyped, but it was run really well.

VGBC - THANKS. the livestream and main station were run great. thank you for all the hard work you guys put into everything. major shoutouts to Bionic, Random Aposl, and GIMR.

Room 307:

Our room was pretty tight lol. Random people from everywhere pretty much, thanks to everyone for coming out.

Gunblade - It was nice finally getting to meet you man. You're really funny/chill and it was cool having you in the room.

Phil nye - I had no idea you were Iktomi LOL. Great meeting you, and great matches in pools. Work on your ground game/aura sphere tricksies and your game will be much more solid.

Corimonster - good seeing you after over a year. We didn't really talk lol, next time.

Pink - Glad you made it out man, hope you enjoyed that mickeys lol. I'll visit you in norcal sometime soon hopefully!

Heero / jose - Cool meeting you man. I hope you enjoyed sleeping under the table the whole time LOOOOOL.

THE CARPOOL

Richbrown - Fun ride, fun times. Good **** getting Larry in bracket, taking out logic, and doing whatever else you did.

Southpaw - Don't swear it man, **** happens. You can only learn from your mistakes. We'll get you on that national level before you leave :).

Samuelson - Thanks so much for driving man, it was a blast. Those milkshakes were so **** at the gas station LOL. Thanks for everything, really. Let's do that youtube **** soon!

Tyrant - My best friend. Thank you for whatever it is you do. Great stuff in singles bromie. Teams was LOOOL for both of us but it's good haha, we can only learn. Thanks for being my friend man, you're great.

Mew2king - ROBO DEFENSE. It was good seeing you, fun times overall. Good job sweeping in singles and doubles.

Laurel - I'm so proud of you. Good job with all of the tags, they're soo awesome, and mine is so sick. Thanks for being not only a great girlfriend, but just a great friend in general. :)

NORCAL

Onski - Thanks for everything man, you made the weekend a lot more lax. Let me know when you get back down to socal so we can chill. The interviews were fun as always.

Tommy - Good chillin man, it had been way too long.

Zex - you came out of nowhere and *****! Good stuff man, you really stepped it up.

Sky - Great seeing you, thank you for the support throughout the weekend. hopefully i didn't let you down, but there will be other tournaments. I hope you come back so you can get good again ;). Visit us soon. please. I really think of you as a close close friend.

Bukowski - don't thank me for those friendlies LOL it's my pleasure. Glad we got to meet finally, hopefully next time we can actually chill though.

TC1 - good **** in Pools. You had me nervous first game of MK dittos. Keep it up and i hope to see you soon bromie

VTECH - Yo thanks for the chillsies, i got you next time. It was cool seeing you as always.

shoutouts to irow, erow, slee ect.

PACNW

Nerd - good **** ****** me in that money match. Dunno how you did in bracket, but good job making it out of pools regardless. It was stacked. We'll chill again sometime soon, hopefully before Apex

Jamntoast - your rob is sooooo goood. Good money match man. I hope Pacwest can meet up again sometime since we rarely get to see you guys up north.

T0mmy - Great games in Bracket. Your rob is really solid and it's funny that not many really know it. it was great as always.

Brick - LOOOOOOL I GOTTA GET THAT REPLAY. Good **** beating my mk. You guys need to travel more, but i'm glad i got to play you finally :)

Scout - I THOUGHT YOU WERE NICOLE LIKE FIVE TIMES LOOOL. nice meeting you.

NEVADA/ARIZONA

FOW - Great stuff this weekend man. Good **** wrecking teams too! I hope west coast chills much more this year

SK92 - I didn't get to watch you play at all, or chill with you either, but i'm glad you made it out. I hope you keep coming back and do so with a vengeance. I know you want to be a god, Kyle. you have the potential. The only question is how bad do you want it.

Lycan - great games, you're pretty good. If you spent as much time

DEKAR - DUDE i wish you lived like next door. it was really fun hanging out with you. thanks for coming.

Silly kyle and Tommydermeister - thank you for everything. you guys are both really chill, and i'm glad we kicked it. Made the weekend super chill. If either of you ever come out to socal, you're taken care of.

I typed a lot more from this region, but it got deleted. sorry if you're left out, i didn't forget you i just don't want to retype LOL.

Midwest/Texas/random

Gnes - your diddy kong is so good. I'm really proud of you. Too bad we didn't get to play other than that friendly LOOOL. I hope we can play for like an hour straight one day.

Razer - we didn't chill much lol. your snake tag is so tight. I dont think we ever play friendlies ever. Next time!

Infinity - Glad you made it out, good games. lets make sure to get that money match in in the future.

Denti - GG's. **** spike on Delfino haha.

Trela - You need your hat back.

Arty - Good games

Roller - Good games too, i don't think you even dropped a grab lol. lets chill at apex!

East Coast

Anti - LOL yo you really should have entered singles. Good stock in crews!

ADHD - "your butthole let loose"

Florida - you're at my house. you guys are all great. You are all meat lovers.

Hrnut - good games. you're really smart lol. good **** in bracket as well.

gdx - good chillin, too bad we didn't play

CJ - THANK YOU !

japan

Phillip - good meeting you. you're a great person and strong player.

Rain - GOOD GAMES! you're really good. i hope you make it to Apex and thank you for signing my controller

Earth - We didn't get to play. Tell your girlfriend that i really appreciate her watching my videos. You are a very respectable player and good job at the tournament.

i know i forgot a bunch of you. Good games to everyone that i played in friendlies, tournament, or money matches.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Teams:
  • 1st: 50%
  • 2nd: 25%
  • 3rd: 15%
  • 4th: 10%
  • 5th: $40.00

just saw that 5th place teams gets 20 bucks per person and fourth gets like 140 per person im soooo sad LOL

boback break us off a piece? LOL :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm probably going to forget a lot of you, but here it goes.

Wall of shoutouts here
Personal shoutout right here before I create my own wall of it in the shoutouts thread when it goes up. I played a lot of people this tournament, and I have to say you were probably the funnest I've ever gone up against when it came to a money match. You and RAIN both, actually, but I'll leave that shoutout to him some other time. Your Marth is nothing short of inspiring. Seriously, you make it so hard to choose between you or KillLock as my favorite Marth players. So I'm gonna just be content with saying I love both of you guys.

Marth is my favorite top tier match-up of all time for Sonic. Meta Knight, Falco, Diddy, Wario? Forget that. Marth vs. Sonic is always so intense, and I feel honored that I got a chance to play the matches I did against you. That, and as a person, you're such a really chill guy. Like the kind of guy that would just sit down and hang out with just about anybody, you're that cool. I'm real sorry that we never got to do our second money match like I wanted to, but I think it's better this way. Come to APEX where I'll be waiting for you. Next time I'm going to win! 2-1 in MY favor next go-round.

It was really fun hanging out with you and the others. As for you others? Getting shoutouts later too.

Expect tl;dr! Thanks again, MikeHAZE, for all the great times and kickass matches. And big props to your girlfriend too. Her stuff is great, and I can't wait to get mine in the mail (and maybe even a virtual copy of it of which I can use to make an avi out of once it's done for Smashboards).

♥ you guys!

Also, MikeHAZE, speaking of that money rematch? $20 Marth vs. Sonic.

Let's make this APEX rematch (if you go) a good one. On the stream and everything.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
if im not mistaken i think his name was "Dart!" dunno if the exclamation point is part of this tho lol...

also tallman hi :). u probably dont remember me, i remember we played like 4 years ago at a sugarland gamestop tourney and u were puff LOL.

heytallman

CTALL
if im not mistaken i think his name was "Dart!" dunno if the exclamation point is part of this tho lol...

also tallman hi :). u probably dont remember me, i remember we played like 4 years ago at a sugarland gamestop tourney and u were puff LOL.
Dude yes, I remember you! Gea was saying how you live in CA or something, and had been playing again. Wish I would have realized, would have been cool to see you again. I'm still trash at Melee, but I do want to learn. Gea will teach me!

Also thanks for answering my question, lol

Metà

Smash Master
Brandon is gonna upload the matches on the projector, and they were recorded by ajp

other uploaders include me, JB, tahsis, okami and swordsaint (and some other people that I don't know)

And holy **** shotuouts are gonna take SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long
tahsis wasn't recording, that was me with the dvd recorder

shout-outs when i'm not exhausted. this tournament was SO GOOD. my first national ever, and so much crazy sh*t happened. god damn

i'm out

Walt

Smash Ace
Room 215

Brandon - yooooooooooooooooo we hella kicked it all weekend man and it was 100% awesome chill the whole time. swag en masse.
Phil - everything you say is mad funny. you just deliver your thought in a funny *** way.
Brian - always fun talking to you man, sucks you couldn't enter.
Nickadotious - get whooped on the projector son! haha I think that was the first time I've ever beat your falco with falcon. BXR swag.
Eric - nice as **** dude and got that human physiology knowledge on lock. great really meeting you.
Alex - WHOOPi Goldberg.
Julian - if I'm ever down in san jose or you're up in concord: we should go drinking.

not in 215

BobbySiege - what can I say, it's Bobby-crazygreat-Siege!
Alan - SUP Alan. you're one of my favorite smash people.
Dajuan - the only person I've ever met that can't go without smiling for 10 seconds.
Peter - rest of the world is still learning about the nicest ****talker.
Sheridan - TO supreme, dude could command ants to take over the world.
Lucien - always the chillest.
JB - down for hanging whenever/hope you liked your last tourney.
Lovage - good to meet you. the whitest swag all weekend.
Strong Bad - didn't even find out your real name bro, but had a good time watching crews with you.
MacD - I like your hair

German - glad I could help with the pizza you goofy dude.
Hella Nick - I just want to kiss that bald head of yours.
Bob$ - my closest friend in smash and one of my closest friends in general, keep on rocking Bob Honey.

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone who liked hanging with me. Good **** Genesis.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
awaiting results thread..

Homemadewaffles, - >.> never seen a Marth player know the Yoshi Matchup as well as that guy.. (I see you lurking Waffles) He's the only Marth player I played, that I couldn't beat with Yoshi, and I beat some good Marths.. >.>; He's also arguably one of the chillest dudes I've ever met. I'd be honored to be in a match that he commentates of mine. :p maybe some day (dreams) lol

So many shoutouts I wanna make, dope tourney.. definetely the dumbest thing I ever did to not enter, but some, personal issues were involved.. it won't be happening again... if i were to show to another tourney

Walt

Smash Ace
HMW

Marth player

lolwut.
Nah dude you shoulda seen it, Brandon was 3 stocking Vman over and over again. Dude learned the game playing Marth vs Yoshi.

Forgot to shoutout Vman, Kaostar and AZ. Cool *** dudes. Kaostar is mad funny but it might have just been he was drunk.

edit: how did I type dude 3 times in four sentences. I'm usually better with that thesaurus.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well I was definitely drunk lol, but don't trip, im mad funny.

and there definitely is truth to brandon's marth being mad legit vs yoshi, vman's games were consistently closer with m2k's marth. he even was so bold as to win a game. m2k's response lmao: man that's gay, I have to work so hard to kill you, look at that (checks post game stats), I did over 600 damage. loooool super armor ftw!

:phone:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Nah dude you shoulda seen it, Brandon was 3 stocking Vman over and over again. Dude learned the game playing Marth vs Yoshi.

Forgot to shoutout Vman, Kaostar and AZ. Cool *** dudes. Kaostar is mad funny but it might have just been he was drunk.

edit: how did I type dude 3 times in four sentences. I'm usually better with that thesaurus.
^this.. >.>; I think he 3 stocked me 3 times in a row before I finally started to adapt to his playstyle...etc, even then i was still getting 1 stocked game after game...it was painful..>.>

and haha walt you were chill too man, gotta play more next time too..

I suck at this game.. :(

and LOL at M2k's comment fighting my Yoshi, that was madd, hilarious haha.. XD

Divinokage

Smash Legend
^this.. >.>; I think he 3 stocked me 3 times in a row before I finally started to adapt to his playstyle...etc, even then i was still getting 1 stocked game after game...it was painful..>.>

Next time, we have to play for sure. We were even close together for a while too and we didn't play. =(

The GERM

Smash Ace
Reading all of these posts is really something I can't describe. I sometimes forget why I'm still a part of this community, thank you everyone for reminding us.
Apart from everyone in DBR who handled this situation as maturely as possible, I owe a lot to my girlfriend Zohreh who played a huge role in getting the money back. I honestly don't know if we would have got it back without her, we definitely needed a woman's touch in all of this. It was her idea to ask for their cell phones immediately upon getting to the hotel, cross check their texts, interrogate them all seperately so nobody heard eachother's stories, and she did most of the initial talking with the police. Thanks for everything Zohreh, you should be a cop :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tournament was amazing. Thanks to DBR for running everything smoothly, was tons of fun.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Special anger shoutout to the person who stole $200 from pyre's wallet the first night.

From what I heard, all the players in the room at the time were either AB players (wouldn't steal from another AB player's wallet), and relatively well known players. Being drunk is hardly an excuse, but if that was the excuse, there was no reason to keep it the day after. It's pretty lame considering how much money he spent just to travel to the tournament, and then to have an additional $200 stolen? I'd be so angry. Just posting to let the person know that stole it that we know, and that we know the suspected people. You should feel bad.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's okay vman. nobody in the ENTIRE WORLD has more yoshi experience than HMW. (except maybe your AZ friends?) probably following him would be me! hahah. too bad we didn't get to play :(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Special anger shoutout to the person who stole $200 from pyre's wallet the first night.

From what I heard, all the players in the room at the time were either AB players (wouldn't steal from another AB player's wallet), and relatively well known players. Being drunk is hardly an excuse, but if that was the excuse, there was no reason to keep it the day after. It's pretty lame considering how much money he spent just to travel to the tournament, and then to have an additional $200 stolen? I'd be so angry. Just posting to let the person know that stole it that we know, and that we know the suspected people. You should feel bad.
...For real? Wow, that's actually really depressing. Pyre has done so much for the AB smash community, and to think of all the work he's put in, bringing setups, recording and uploading videos, on top of all the effort he put into helping Alberta's players stay on the same page in organizing their trip for this weekend...only to have this happen. =/

I guess the lesson here is that nice guys really do finish last. And, if I ever go to a national, I'll remember how important it is to keep the amount of cash I carry with me to a minimum. >.>

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah really lame. It's so incredibly low to go into someone's hotel room and steal from them, especially that much money. The wallet were in pyre's shorts, which were found outside the washroom the day after, so if anyone saw someone go into the washroom the first night, it'd be nice to actually identify who did this.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord

LOOL

that's just years of knowing only one character, ur mad beast bro

i got shoutouts

Boback/German/Dan/Sheridan/Zoreh - for holding another extravagant event and you guys never cease to disappoint, congrats on another amazing event
eric - when i get on my feet financially, i got you whenever you decide to come home, thank you again for everything
phil - thanks for teaming with me and kicking it, just being the homie, its always a pleasure
Papa Pete - always great being around you dude
Papa Loush - ur too good man, and great at giving advice
g$ - we definitely got the tournament yelling swag at the end of the weekend WOOP! BASEDGOD!
julian - good **** for helping the tournament run and us talking about stupid **** random people do at tournaments, it's always hella fun kicking it with you
walt - the homie right here dude, thanks for roaming around with me pretty much the entire weekend we def gotta kick more man, im also up for those drinks you mentioned to julian.
JB - always a pleasure seeing the homie
darrell - definitely wondered how many noobs you were mad foul to LOL
alex - WOOP! WOOP! SWAG! we swagged to the maximum the whole weekend man, ur def good peoples
nick and brian - u guys are amazing, but enter next time!!!!, it's not about how you place, it's about experience that national tournament vibe as a whole.
aziz - it was great kicking with you and playing you, your falcon is top notch
bobby scar - well your falcon is just free as **** LOOOOOOL nahh j/k j/k forreal im playing, but really dude you're mad good and one of my favorite people to be around, ill come over again when i get some money LOL
Pocky - ur that dude, always great to chill with you
velocity - the homie, i swear everyone i met from philly is hella chill.
bob$ - hoes on my **** cuz look like bobby! you were hype for day one, never upset, always excited that's always feels good to be around, ur a champ bob honey LOL
alan - well words can't describe alan, because if i do on the boards, they'll all be censored, so you won't know what i said, but long story short alan is fabulous
dajuan - we made a bet that if dajuan got top 5 i would use doc again, he tied for 5th, but i can cop out cuz technically he got 6th LOL, either way good **** for taking doc to levels that no one really imagined, im proud of you man (you're still that mediorce mario main in my eyes tho LOL)
Vanaynay - i see you getting out the first round thickness! we got off in teams to, come to the dorms again for that practice
sfat - looks like justin passed that 9th place torch LOL, you held it down dude, too good.
kevin - for commentating with us and being a champ, good **** making bracket
justin - i see you gassin fools in marvel, nice seeing you
kristine - it was cool hanging out with you, now you gotta help me beat that skank hoe alan in that slap game
jeff - good **** on no practice
mitchell - MITCHELL GOT *****ES BRUH!!! *POW*
L - the homie, once you start trying forreal again like just all fox, ur gonna have the same success as zac and kevin **** maybe more
taj - I SEE YOU GETTING YO GROWN MAN ON SON!!! definitely got that PHD in Marthanomics this weekend, ima scrape you next time tho
tai - dude your so chill, unlike your pops LOOL, nah really tho dude, you're mad good
Lovage - the homie always good **** beating hbox ur amazing dude
alex19 - *flexes* SUP BRO! *flexes* it was legit kicking it with you, son give ya boy a workout plan, im tryin to get fit.
805 - best people ever
Johnny - damn dude ur stupid good man, good **** in bracket man
Eddy Mexico - you're were the nicest guy at the venue, good job in bracket eddy =)
Mango - *****s, everytime you play melee you make me realize......"damn i'll never be that good at this game" LOL ur broken bro
Armada - FINALLY good **** man, *whispers* "don't come back" LOL
AJP - *passes torch*
HBox - Once you learn to approach, you'll be broken as ****, you're one hell of a zoner tho
Professor Urine - next time son, despite being sick, if you enjoyed yourself and had a good time, you already won.
Kline - U a funny ***** LOOOOOL
Idaho - good looks on the ride!

yea ummmm this already wayyy tooooo many *****s so yea

big thanks to everyone who helped and supported dbr in this event.

.....SWAG!

Lovage

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOL BRANDON

you dont know how satisfying it was to scroll through and read all those shoutouts and then be greeted by lil b swagging in your signature LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom