• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I assume he's referring to the Brawl disrespect. There's an infamous vid of someone recording Mango v Armada and in front of the camera you can see Vex playing a Brawl friendly... the youtube comments were less than hospitable, haha.
No, I couldn't care about that, stupid melee youtubers are just trolls.

While Brawl grand finals was happening people were being told to leave the venue and flipping the lights on and off.

sidefx

Smash Champion
brawl didnt finish at the venue, and was taken to a hotel.

there were multiple reasons as to why that happened, and we are solving those problems this time around.

lack of setups, a 2 hour delay to come to a decision on one brawl match, lack of setups, our miscalculation of time needed to finish, pre-reg being at the door instead of online.

multiple factors played into it.

all of them are being solved, or already have been solved.

so dont worry =) it will be legit this time

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well I am sure the effort will be there to treat both communities with the utmost respect.

sidefx

Smash Champion
No, I couldn't care about that, stupid melee youtubers are just trolls.

While Brawl grand finals was happening people were being told to leave the venue and flipping the lights on and off.
there were not lights being flipped on and off, and grand finals didnt even happen at the venue.

it happened at the hotel.

where are you getting your information from?

and people were being told to leave the venue because we only had the venue until midnight.

reasons why it wasnt finished are listed above in my previous post.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
there were not lights being flipped on and off, and grand finals didnt even happen at the venue.

it happened at the hotel.

where are you getting your information from?

and people were being told to leave the venue because we only had the venue until midnight.

reasons why it wasnt finished are listed above in my previous post.
Sorry, not grand finals, it was around losers finals or losers semi's, I know grand was at the hotel.

I was there, I'm not making stuff up.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
what happened at the end?
finished brawl singles at the hotel

doubtful it will happen again this time though, it was mostly a setup issue

edit - WTF 10 more ****ing posts in the time it takes to make mine

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Vex its fine. DBR will make sure all the things that need to be done will be done. Sometimes things happen and people make mistakes...regardless this event will be the event of the summer and I am 100% sure it will be amazing.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex its fine. DBR will make sure all the things that need to be done will be done. Sometimes things happen and people make mistakes...regardless this event will be the event of the summer and I am 100% sure it will be amazing.
I'm not trying to hate, I've been a huge fan of DBR since I first started melee, and I had alot of fun at Genesis, I just don't want these mistakes to happen again is all.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I know sometimes I dont write as I think XD sorry dude. I will try not to make bets regarding plane tickets this time lol

sidefx

Smash Champion
just want to emphasize that genesis 1 was a learning experience for all of us.

coming into it, we had no idea what to expect. (with over 1000 people pre registered online)

this time will be different, because we know what to expect and how to handle them. either way, it will be a tournament you do not want to miss..

also, the actions of others (the **** brawl chant) cant be pinned on us. if someone wants to start chanting **** brawl, and gets the whole room in on it, how do you expect us to shut everyone up? it is what it is.

i was honestly expecting brawl people to start a **** melee chant to get back at them.

either way, its all in good fun.

dont let those things keep you from coming to genesis 2. you really dont want to miss it

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
just want to emphasize that genesis 1 was a learning experience for all of us.

coming into it, we had no idea what to expect. (with over 1000 people pre registered online)

this time will be different, because we know what to expect and how to handle them. either way, it will be a tournament you do not want to miss..

also, the actions of others (the **** brawl chant) cant be pinned on us. if someone wants to start chanting **** brawl, and gets the whole room in on it, how do you expect us to shut everyone up? it is what it is.

i was honestly expecting brawl people to start a **** melee chant to get back at them.

either way, its all in good fun.

dont let those things keep you from coming to genesis 2. you really dont want to miss it
I know it's not your(DBR's) fault, however I was expecting more respect from the Melee community, but apparently that might not be the case.

I plan on being there, Genesis 1 was amazing regardless of what happened in the end.

Trela

Smash Lord
If MLG picks up Brawl again next year, then 2011 will be like the biggest year in Brawl history lol.

There's too much to attend!

pockyD

Smash Legend
should we remember how the barlw community brought a grand total of THREE televisions to the tournament? (one tv per every 100 people) and how much the melee community sacrificed so that you could have your event anyway?

got to earn that respect first

Allied

Smash Master
should we remember how the barlw community brought a grand total of THREE televisions to the tournament? (one tv per every 100 people) and how much the melee community sacrificed so that you could have your event anyway?

got to earn that respect first
Your a wild ignorant ******. LOL

Blame the whole brawl community for lack of televisions. Not our fault ******

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No need to blame anyone. It is on the TO to secure setups first. Again it is understandable and Melee people do a lot for smash but Brawl players can bring setups if you really push them to. This year will be different so no worries.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Your a wild ignorant ******. LOL

Blame the whole brawl community for lack of televisions. Not our fault ******
three

televisions

No need to blame anyone. It is on the TO to secure setups first. Again it is understandable and Melee people do a lot for smash but Brawl players can bring setups if you really push them to. This year will be different so no worries.
yall don't know about that weakass norcal barlw community

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Still Pocky you need to have faith in people. When I have faith in the communities they come in droves. I know its not your job and talking to you may not ( will not ) change your mind but to get people to respond to bringing things you have to remind them and be on top of them 24/7. Thats what I do and it turns out ok.

Either way DBR will have a 2342342442 setups for all.

WTF?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I can't wait.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Still Pocky you need to have faith in people. When I have faith in the communities they come in droves. I know its not your job and talking to you may not ( will not ) change your mind but to get people to respond to bringing things you have to remind them and be on top of them 24/7. Thats what I do and it turns out ok.

Either way DBR will have a 2342342442 setups for all.
no doubt

just explaining why everyone was on board with **** BARLW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom