• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
If there is a big enough crowd, I will honest to God start crowd surfing and getting other people to do it too haha! That would make this the best tourney of all time. I mean besides us chucking mango in the air after he won Genesis 1, have you ever heard of people crowd surfing at a melee tourney before? Yeah me neither :p

The only problem is that I'll be the on in GF's so I won't be able to crowd surf during it XP
/dreaming

Once again, good job to DBR for securing what is all around a good location. The pros clearly outweigh the cons.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The winners would be like, millionaires.

And with all the excitement that's bound to build up with that many ppl during matches... you'll probably see more than just 1 random guy lifting chairs lol. Have people body-surfing in the crowds during finals.
LMAO
I'm not missing this.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
this will be my first major tournament

im only signing up for brawl though, because im so bad at melee </3

any tips on how to prepare?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
find ppl to play around ur area and/or aib ladder, and character boards

brawl learning curve is good as long as u can get over the fact that mk *****

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Okay the taste was good, but that's it. =P

Alex, you tryn'a muney match? Our friendlies were all pretty close last time iirc. Would be fun ^__^

Axe... friendlies? lol

Also, King. The more food options the better *thumbs up*.
hmmm... dont remember playing you or where i played you.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol if 1000 people came to this for melee.... Wow. I would ask for $10 to be the winners body guard ;)
I'll kill for ya hahahaha.

And during finals I'd probably find some random cute girl to go on my shoulders and flash everybody like at an awesome rock concert ;)
What? One could only imagine right?
Dude... Someone needs to make this happen!!

Okay the taste was good, but that's it. =P

Axe... friendlies? lol
Yeah no joke! Those burgers were amazingly delicious, but I thought I was gonna die after eating so many of them lol. But it was totally worth it =D

And of course, we can definitely play some friendlies :)

TwinA vs Twin1 GF's!
Heck yeah!!

The GERM

Smash Ace
u make a good point!!!

im sure it'll go fine. and yea, i understand how expensive **** can be. DC area is rough too. in the future i may be able to help you guys get venues if you want the help since ill be living around antioch as well, and i've got a pretty good way of getting what i want when it comes to venues and such.
You're moving to California? East Bay? oh snap, good sh** Plank.

*You guys also have to remember, the nicer the venue, the higher the venue fee will be for everyone. We could definitely hold this tournament at a much nicer place, they're all over SF and East Bay, it would just be that much more expensive for us and you guys. If the venue wasn't walking distance from the perfect hotel/tons of food, or if the hotel management wasn't so awesome, we might have reconsidered.

Despite the insane amount of noise that went on all night and the extreme loitering all over the halls and outside, the manager gave us a call a few months later to see if we plan on holding another one.

tw1n

Smash Champion
TwinA vs Twin1 GF's!
I'd approve of this ;) highest odds are it won't happen but ya never know. Maybe i'll beat out hbox and mango after both of them lose consciousness from repeated blows to the head right before their matches with me ha ha :)

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
What if Genesis 2 was a round robin and made everyone happy like, SS vs. Darkrain? Just, basically matches that everyone wants to see. I'll definitely be there regardless.

tw1n

Smash Champion
What if Genesis 2 was a round robin and made everyone happy like, SS vs. Darkrain? Just, basically matches that everyone wants to see. I'll definitely be there regardless.
hmm... A round robin with over 300 people. That would take forever! Even a round robin with everyones favorite players would take forever but man that'd be fun to watch :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I really want to attend. There might be too much to try and attend in the next 365 days though, we'll see. I only have 1 week of vacation

White_Mike

Smash Lord
If there is a big enough crowd, I will honest to God start crowd surfing and getting other people to do it too haha! That would make this the best tourney of all time. I mean besides us chucking mango in the air after he won Genesis 1, have you ever heard of people crowd surfing at a melee tourney before? Yeah me neither :p

The only problem is that I'll be the on in GF's so I won't be able to crowd surf during it XP
/dreaming

Once again, good job to DBR for securing what is all around a good location. The pros clearly outweigh the cons.
Are you serious about the crowd surfing though? I really hope not...

Have you ever been to concerts before? Crowd surfing may be fun for you, but it's annoying as **** for everyone else. Not only do people get hurt when you fall on them, but people in the front always have to turn back to look for oncoming ******s...I mean crowd surfers.

Edit: I crowd surfed at my first concert the very second I got there. Then I had to deal with crowd surfers falling on top of me and distracting me so I never did it again because I don't want other people to have to deal with that ****.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Are you serious about the crowd surfing though? I really hope not...

Have you ever been to concerts before? Crowd surfing may be fun for you, but it's annoying as **** for everyone else. Not only do people get hurt when you fall on them, but people in the front always have to turn back to look for oncoming ******s...I mean crowd surfers.

Edit: I crowd surfed at my first concert the very second I got there. Then I had to deal with crowd surfers falling on top of me and distracting me so I never did it again because I don't want other people to have to deal with that ****.
crowd surfers at concerts blow balls
I was joking actually >.>

It's a good way to get your stuff stolen too if you're not careful. But no I would not crowd surf at a smash tourney (and I don't do it at concerts either lol). I would be too busy cheering people on, commentating, or actually playing matches haha. i go to these things to have fun, not to be dropped on my head by unsuspecting people.

However I think it would be funny to see haha.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Currently 8 alaskans are preparing to go. but as time goes on, people will drop out, it always happens. expect at least me and ***** Che_Lab.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Jem if I can prove my skill in future tournies, I would take you up on that offer. Last Genesis, Malcolm and I got 25th in doubles. Aiming to get into money spot when the time comes.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll be in CA this summer, so I'm going to try and make this.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I suck *** at this game...shoutouts to the level 3 CPU for never letting me down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEL4l73NL7A
i saw your name, and i was like, "oh hey that really good marth player from europe is gonna show us some tech skill, cool"

then i realized that you aren't strawhat, and you are actually strawhats

why did you post this video in this thread? there is a video critique thread somewhere else on the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom