• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
im definitely coming to this guys, going to book my flight at the end of this month. I graduate from university just before this tournament so I'm going to be so hyped =) holiday + tournament <3

so can anyone house me for a while? would be mad appreciated. I'll even do some cooking, some proper english breakfast if you want LOL. But seriously I can cook :D

I may need a team partner too

Some love for the Europeans please :D

GET YO TEAPOTS READY (or kettles) cause English tea is coming to the US
Maybe it'll be like Vanity Angel. So many people couldn't understand him but my brother and I grew up around that accent so we didn't even notice lol.

Bring some tea and let me know when you're making breakfast, I will definitely be there :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg i forgot about the english accent

that's the one reason i wished i hadn't ignore Vanity angel for most of the tourney hahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Hmm Im gonna start saving money today for this.

Whats the nearest airport?(If its in the first post im about to read it lol)

Who would like to team in melee?

Brian

Smash Journeyman
oakland -> sfo -> sjc are your closest airports
i wouldn't fly into san jose unless you know someone can pick you up or something, public transportation from sj -> antioch area takes forever

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Can someone pick me up from the airport too? :/ What Airport should I go to?

I need general help to come to this.. housing..directions..etc

Definitely want to come + can afford the flight no problem, but without help I will get lost and have nowhere to stay lol

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Like Brian said, Oakland airport is your best bet.

From there, you ride a buss called Airbart for 3 dollars I believe, and that takes you to our train called Bart. Now im not sure where Peter is gonna be picking people up for rides to and from the hotel, but he'll prolly chime in eventually (I do know hes charging people this time). However, you can get to pretty much anywhere with Bart, so if you have a housing arrangement already set up, you should be able to reach them.

I recommend staying at the smash hotel for the duration of the tourny as it was on of the best smash experiences i've ever had. If you're arriving early, you'll prolly wanna house with someone until about thursday/friday, and im pretty sure there are people willing to house someone for a night or two. Same thing applies if you're staying a couple of days after the tourny.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well im looking at prices

London -> Oakland = £750 return

London -> San Francisco (SFO), US = £705 return

London -> San Jose (SJC), US = £747

I'd really love to go there for 2 weeks seeming as it costs so much, and I'll be graduating just before this after all :/
Maybe like 12-26th July

Canada was pretty decent and set me up for 2 weeks =) hopefully Cali can do it too

Will the prices ever go down btw?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey Fuzzy, I'd try my best to stay at the smash hotel if I were you. If I get a room again then you're more then welcome to crash with my bro and I and whoever else stays with us (last time it was Jman, mango for a night lol, etc). And it's half the fun of the tourney.

Congrats on graduating. I just finished in December :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dunno when im gonna be able to get my room, now that i think about it..

tw1n

Smash Champion
So I'm guessing we are gettin our own room this time bro :D

If that is the case then ya we'll need roommates haha. Axe? Taj? Mango? HBox? AZ?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So I would fly to Oakland and take the Airbart to another train called Bart?

Would that take me to the hotel, or would I need a ride somewhere?
the BART will take you to a train station that is about 5-15 minutes away from the main hotel. So its a short cab ride/pickup away

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You can also take the bus from the Antioch Bart Station to save some money. Its the scenic route but It actually drops you off like a block from the Venue. Only takes maybe an hour, if you got homies you might wanna do that, or just split a cab.

To be honest the only reason I didnt take a cab last time was the security guard told me the cabbies were greazy? lol. Said just take the bus<---which was VERY accomodating, driver made a special stop for me so that I could transfer onto another bus in a more direct fashion. <3 Antioch bus driver.

Actually I ran into the nicest motha***king strangers in the Bay starting back in San Francisco. and then Peter's tight lol.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Hotel info is now up guys.

Pre-reg will be up shortly just sorting some things out financially, and technically.

Prices of events will be up along with pre-reg soon.

GET CRACKIN ON THAT HOTEL RESERVATION!

you do NOT want to miss out staying at the RAMADA INN

some more minor details as far as routes, transportation, discounts, raffles and stuff like that will be up soon. sit tight

M@v

Subarashii!
I still really want to go to this. But I still dont know if I can.

Good stuff on getting hotel info up.

Unfortunately I won't be staying at the hotel if I go though :3. My sister lives in the bay area and if I go, Im making this a week trip to go here and visit her.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i wanna come to this

just make sure to bring setups guys, from what i understand last time, there was NOT enough setups for the tournament to run smoothly AND hold friendlies at the same time (but one or the other was fine)

lets make this real legit :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Before I go and get a room I was wondering if all games will be all days or like melee day 1 and 2 while brawl is 2 and 3. Just so I know how many days I need to get a room for

sidefx

Smash Champion
Before I go and get a room I was wondering if all games will be all days or like melee day 1 and 2 while brawl is 2 and 3. Just so I know how many days I need to get a room for

finals for every game will be held on the last day.

As far as scheduling goes, we are still going through various scenarios on how to schedule the events for maximum efficiency. As far as singles go, if you end up in the bracket, you need to make sure you are there for all 3 days.

Dont really have a definitive answer for you, but the best i can say is to get it for all 3 days, you wont regret it. Even if you are out of the tournament, the hotel itself is more than enough reason for you to stay and enjoy yourself, as well as watch finals (which will probably be happening on the last day)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can someone please sort me housing considering the flight will probably cost £600-800 :/ I think it would be nice to not have to pay/pay much for the hotel too T_T and I wanna stay in Cali for a week or two.. it'll suck to have to go home right away

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
IF I would come to this and IF I can get a new computer by then, will I be allowed to record important matches? With any luck I could do 5 recordings, though minimum 3.
(Note that those IFs are still pretty big.)

sidefx

Smash Champion
important matches as in hyped matches/ finals?

most likely, not. I will have a dedicated person or set of individuals in charge of recording specific matches and bracket matches from a certain point on.

as far as pools matches, or non main stage matches or designated recorded matches, then everyone has free reign to set up where they want on what ever tv (except those that are pre determined to have a specific person recording on that set up such as quarter winners/losers and up)

more details on exact specifics on this are to come. I know a lot of people want to record and are willing to record and that makes things easier for everyone, its just that there are certain matches i want recorded in a specific way with specific quality settings with specific people.

Patches

Smash Master
Can anyone tell a Canadian how much it costs to get from San Fransisco Airport to the venue? Via someone kindly driving me/us or by public transportation?

sidefx

Smash Champion
i ve had numerous people ask to record.

im basically leaving it up to 1-2 people who i can trust, or know personally. its nothing personal, and im sure there are people out there who are more than capable to record matches and put them up promptly. but the fact is the more you spread the load out the more confusing things get.

but things are subject to change as far as recording goes, so who knows where it might be when the day of the tournament arrives.

transportation options from SFO to the venue consists of using the BART train, which starts from under the airport, straight to the end of the line, to Pittsburg. From Pittsburg it is a short cab ride, or bus ride to the venue. But we are looking making things easier by supplying dedicated drivers to taxi people too and from the BART station. Its roughly a 10 min drive depending on traffic, to the venue from the last BART station (Pittsburg).

a lotttttt more details concerning transportation will be provided in the coming weeks.

edit: depending on where youre going, the prices are all listed at www.bart.gov

Zoap

Smash Master
From SFO Bart- Pittsburg/Baypoint Bart it's 10.90.

From Oakland Airport/Coliseum Bart-Pittsburg/Baypoint Bart its 4.65, and you have the 3.00 for Airbart so 7.65.

If you fly into San Jose you're asking for pain and torture.

I will be doing trips from BART but I'll deal with the finer details when I'm being less lazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom