• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I swear I am SO pumped for this!! I hope my grandfather gives me the biggest earfull for coming to this, because I just don't care!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yay about 400 players total!! Not as much as before but the tournament in general should be much easier to handle rather than 600 players last Genesis lol. Hype! =D The quality is going to be ********, that means.

Edit: Is 3 rounds of pools still doable with 200 players?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Update: based on the updated registration totals, the total prize pool for Genesis II is now $21,260. This number is sure to increase in size with hotel/door registration.

tw1n

Smash Champion
There are now two Darks registered. And I bet neither is from Chile. :awesome:
One of them is Dark from AZ. A sheik main.
Not sure on the other one. It's be awesome if it was Dark from Chile tho lol.

Also, just 11 days till I'm in Cali! Wooh!

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well with 180 players:

30 pools of 6 top 3 advance r1 = 90 left
15 pools of 6 top 3 r2 = 45
9 pools of 5-6 top 3 r3= 27

Or do top 4 do for first round so 120 left after round 1 then top 3 for the other two.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Canada, Japan, Mexico, and even Australia if we get you (Browny) in on this. I don't know if there's any notable European players coming that are good at Brawl to help represent.
Djudjo is an experienced Peach main from Brazil so there's another international player we can throw into the mix.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey Boback, you have Dark down twice but not Light (AZ). I know that they registered under the same stuff so it's possible that you changed it to Dark twice and took off Light. he was on there last week but is removed now. I'll message this to you just in case.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well with 180 players:

30 pools of 6 top 3 advance r1 = 90 left
15 pools of 6 top 3 r2 = 45
9 pools of 5-6 top 3 r3= 27

Or do top 4 do for first round so 120 left after round 1 then top 3 for the other two.

How does that work? The ending number needs to be 128.. 64 or 32 generally.

sidefx

Smash Champion
it all depends on how many people we get at the hotel. then we will reseed things accordingly. ill post up details on pools later when we go over seeding.

@rubyiris tourny results and activity

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
it all depends on how many people we get at the hotel. then we will reseed things accordingly. ill post up details on pools later when we go over seeding.

@rubyiris tourny results and activity
national level tourney results, or are state and regional level tourneys applicable as well? Also, how far back are you looking at for tournament results?

sidefx

Smash Champion
national tournies will primarily be what we look at. If you win your locals with 12 people attending every other week we probably wont be taking that into consideration very much.

regionals/nationals basically. and recent tournaments within the last 6 months / year

if youre wondering if youll be getting a seed for beating me at that norcal tourny you came to, then the answer is **** yes. youll be right up there with mango/pp

Divinokage

Smash Legend
national tournies will primarily be what we look at. If you win your locals with 12 people attending every other week we probably wont be taking that into consideration very much.

regionals/nationals basically. and recent tournaments within the last 6 months / year

if youre wondering if youll be getting a seed for beating me at that norcal tourny you came to, then the answer is **** yes. youll be right up there with mango/pp
LOL!! That is hilarious.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman

I hope owning everyone in Israel counts as something bigger than local.. A deathpool is not exactly the welcome wagon I'm expecting :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom