• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
If this is going to be a 48 man bracket, I believe that these people will all make bracket, and the remaining 12 spots are up in the air
Abate
Alex19
Armada
Axe
Bob Money
Connor The Kid
DoH
Dr Peepee
Eddy Mexico
Eggm
Eggz
Fly Amanita
Fuzzyness
G$
Hax
Hungrybox
Joeplicate
KAGE
Lovage
Lucien
Lucky
Mango
Mew2King
MacD
PewPewU
phil
Smoke2Jointz
Scar
Silent Wolf
Silent Spectre
Tai
TAJ
TANG
Tope
Wobbles
WestBallz

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well, honestly.

1. I am the Nyte.

2. I am the NYTE.

3. I AM THE NICKNYTE.

You see, I don't intend to win Genesis. Victory was never an option to me. My greatest victory in this tournament, will be making new friends. Places where I am invited to go, just because people think I am cool. I find it a bit sad, knowing that some people won't send for me to go to tournaments like my fellow crewmates Axe and Vectorman, but you know what, more power to em. I am coming to Genesis, to make great friends, and have good times.

Don't get me wrong, I am coming to take the spot as the best Luigi in the nation, and I plan to take that title of best Weegee in the West away from Eddy Mexico (guy is legit). For now, however, I would really like to make friends so one day, I can travel to anywhere in the country to hear "Oh! It's Nicknyte! Yea, lets hang out with him" I kid you not gents. The experiences being at Gen is almost as good as being up on that stage fighting for the Belt. So to all of you, I say: I can't wait to see yall.

Also, I am your tournament announcer for high profile matches for the entire thing. Nice to meet yall. Here is a voice clip of what you should expect to hear :D http://www.box.net/shared/05yih1bxr5fqpk7cvi45

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure you'll get respect/recognition within the smash community when you've earned it. Honestly, I have no idea who you are, so I can't say much. You might be a beast. I don't know much about the west coast scene. Beating Axe at a local or whatever is pretty tight, but people of that calibur don't tend to take those kinds of tourneys seriously. I sandbag like hell at locals. Lots of people from VA have beaten me that would NEVER beat me at a national. Might make me look like a ****, might not. Don't really care cause it's a local. Performing well and beating top players at nationals when the pressure is on you is what really counts. **** a top player in the bracket at Genesis and I'm pretty damn sure you'll get your recognition.
I try my heart out at locals because that's all I have. I still dislike the tag locals, since AZ "locals" aren't random 12 people weeklies. We get fairly large monthlies within one of the best regions in the united states. People really seem to completely disregarding that fact.

I also really hate people like you and Axe and even Vman who never try as hard as they can at in-region tournaments. I really can't stand people who sandbag, especially in tournament. Even if it isn't super important, I want to have the satisfaction knowing that I did the best I possibly could against the best they possibly could. I'm happy that I beat Axe and the way people disregard it pisses me off to no end, but deep down I'm probably the most pissed off at Axe for not trying as hard as he could. It makes the victory seem shallow.

@Kao: I'm extremely emotionally unstable. The fact that I'm still functional is amazing sometimes.

strawhats

Smash Master
If this is going to be a 48 man bracket, I believe that these people will all make bracket, and the remaining 12 spots are up in the air
Abate
Alex19
Armada
Axe
Bob Money
Connor The Kid
DoH
Dr Peepee
Eddy Mexico
Eggm
Eggz
Fly Amanita
Fuzzyness
G$
Hax
Hungrybox
Joeplicate
KAGE
Lovage
Lucien
Lucky
Mango
Mew2King
MacD
PewPewU
phil
Smoke2Jointz
Scar
Silent Wolf
Silent Spectre
Tai
TAJ
TANG
Tope
Wobbles
WestBallz
a certain black man that norcal(cali in general really) loves to crack on is missing from that list. Also it breaks my heart to see all those falcon names, knowing that Darkrain isn't going to this. Also no love for Brandon ?(HMW)

LLDL

Smash Hero
a certain black man that norcal(cali in general really) loves to crack on is missing from that list. Also it breaks my heart to see all those falcon names, knowing that Darkrain isn't going to this. Also no love for Brandon ?(HMW)
I went through the official list of players who registered already. I don't think HMW registered, but he'd make bracket no doubt if he entered.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I try my heart out at locals because that's all I have. I still dislike the tag locals, since AZ "locals" aren't random 12 people weeklies. We get fairly large monthlies within one of the best regions in the united states. People really seem to completely disregarding that fact.

I also really hate people like you and Axe and even Vman who never try as hard as they can at in-region tournaments. I really can't stand people who sandbag, especially in tournament. Even if it isn't super important, I want to have the satisfaction knowing that I did the best I possibly could against the best they possibly could. I'm happy that I beat Axe and the way people disregard it pisses me off to no end, but deep down I'm probably the most pissed off at Axe for not trying as hard as he could. It makes the victory seem shallow.

@Kao: I'm extremely emotionally unstable. The fact that I'm still functional is amazing sometimes.
@RubyIris: As long as you arent ICG, I think you will manage :p To be honest, you should be mad at Jeff for sandbagging. I know you beat him in April, but he scored 3rd at Pound and at Zenith. What I think what (or in this case we, as he sandbags me too) you should do is speak with him directly and tell him to have a couple rounds with him not sandbagging. I think Jeff has around 4 or 5 levels of sandbagging, all subconscious. He doesn't do it on purpose, he just tries harder on harder opponents, and if you beat him, then you literally have beat him, 100%, but if it was a harder opponent, then you would see the difference.

Jeff isn't the type of person to hurt anyone feelings on purpose, but his way of playing doesn't show his true strength unless he is on the line.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
@RubyIris: As long as you arent ICG, I think you will manage :p To be honest, you should be mad at Jeff for sandbagging. I know you beat him in April, but he scored 3rd at Pound and at Zenith. What I think what (or in this case we, as he sandbags me too) you should do is speak with him directly and tell him to have a couple rounds with him not sandbagging. I think Jeff has around 4 or 5 levels of sandbagging, all subconscious. He doesn't do it on purpose, he just tries harder on harder opponents, and if you beat him, then you literally have beat him, 100%, but if it was a harder opponent, then you would see the difference.

Jeff isn't the type of person to hurt anyone feelings on purpose, but his way of playing doesn't show his true strength unless he is on the line.
I mean if you can't even beat someone that sandbags then you have to work to do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

yea, thats just how it is sometimes...a huge part of this is that consistently ****** and or being one of the best in a region low key takes the pressure off. there really isn't anything you can do about it, id bet this same thing will eventually happen to you. so yea, its more of a no pressure therefore no adrenaline kinda thing, don't blame axe/vman, they can't help it.

also ka master will still tap ***. he is easily one of the smartest melee players out there. when he gets back from nicaragua, we are gonna try to bring him back...I think he still has the love for the game, just real life **** to deal with and sadly he had to take a break.

:phone:

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dont get why people get mad at others for not trying their hardest.

for top caliber players such as axe, the amount of brain power and attention needed to play their hardest 100% of the time is stressful and completely unnecessary, which is why they sandbag. Im not saying all top players do, but the majority of them do because they can get away with not having to think as much and try as hard.

Stop taking it so damn personally. If theyre beating you while theyre sandbagging, then theyre still doing SOMETHING right, and youre still probably doing something wrong. So why dont you just start from there and learn what youre doing wrong, and then get better at that, so next time you play them, they cant get away with it, and youll force them into actually trying.

And plus, for most people LOCALS are a place to just kick back and not give a **** about placing. Most people just go to kick it and hang out with people, you cant knock them for wanting to just hang out with the homies. Just because you go there to see how far you can get in bracket with people you play with on a weekly basis who know your every move and play style, doesnt mean everyone else will.

LOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALS(probably) wont be taken into consideration for seeding.

the.

end.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

As others have stated, Axe, and myself don't exactly mean any harm, when we do this. It just happens. Kaostar and SideFX explained it somewhat very well of why this happens. I understand that to you it seems frustrating, but as SideFX said, you have to also look at it from our perspective.

^This

Jeff nor myself will hurt anyone intentionally, I admit, at times I come off as "tough/hardcore etc.. Even when I was training Axe, I was VERY tough on him, at times not complimenting him, acknowledging his abilities/doubting his character.. To this day I STILL somewhat teach this way. With Nicknyte, A link player myself/Nicknyte are training, (Smurf) and our next up and comer player Joey (YEAH). I don't try to be rude, but these methods i've used have giving me and the SV Crew, mostly of which I train, the high calibur level of players we have. Look at what Axe has become, Joey, is rising, and many of our players, now I'm not trying to take full credit for it, but I'm sure I've at least had a solid impact on them, and if this method brings us more calibur players, I will CONTINUE to teach this way, since it's giving me results, that I believe they can achieve..

yea, thats just how it is sometimes...a huge part of this is that consistently ****** and or being one of the best in a region low key takes the pressure off. there really isn't anything you can do about it, id bet this same thing will eventually happen to you. so yea, its more of a no pressure therefore no adrenaline kinda thing, don't blame axe/vman, they can't help it.

:phone:
Thank You Kline, I'm glad you can understand... what/why we, and i'm sure many players do.

i dont get why people get mad at others for not trying their hardest.

for top caliber players such as axe, the amount of brain power and attention needed to play their hardest 100% of the time is stressful and completely unnecessary, which is why they sandbag. Im not saying all top players do, but the majority of them do because they can get away with not having to think as much and try as hard.

Stop taking it so damn personally. If theyre beating you while theyre sandbagging, then theyre still doing SOMETHING right, and youre still probably doing something wrong. So why dont you just start from there and learn what youre doing wrong, and then get better at that, so next time you play them, they cant get away with it, and youll force them into actually trying.

And plus, for most people LOCALS are a place to just kick back and not give a **** about placing. Most people just go to kick it and hang out with people, you cant knock them for wanting to just hang out with the homies. Just because you go there to see how far you can get in bracket with people you play with on a weekly basis who know your every move and play style, doesnt mean everyone else will.

LOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALS(probably) wont be taken into consideration for seeding.

the.

end.
Thanks as well SideFX..I'm glad you can understand..

btw. we should play too...I'd like to keep my Yoshi in shape. n_n

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't play with these guys on a weekly basis, though. You guys really have absolutely no clue the dynamics of how Arizona works, or how far Tucson is from Phoenix. You guys have no idea how much better I would be if I had the privilege to play with Axe on a weekly basis. There are times where I don't even get to play with him at monthlies because he's too busy socializing.

Like I said before, those tournaments are literally all I have and it really hurts me how badly they're being downplayed.

Even if they beat me whilst sandbagging I still want them to try their hardest, AT LEAST in tournament. I want the satisfaction knowing that I did my best versus his best. Getting sandbagged is just shallow. I don't even care if you ******s want to call our monthlies "locals" or whatever bull**** you want to call it. It's the only competition I even have, so I treat them no differently than a national, and who are you to criticize it?

Douchebag.

@Vman: Oh bull****. When I told you to try you didn't. Stop talking out of your ***. I've asked Axe to try his hardest several times, and he's never given the time of day. Why should I care about your perspective, when you *******s never take into account MY feelings? am I selfish? YEAH. I don't have an income. I don't have permission. How ****ing difficult is it to understand that?? It's once in a ****ing month. MAN THE **** UP AND TRY HOLY ****.

God damn.

/bitterbitterbitterbitter.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
not long to go guys =) theres a tourney in norcal this weekend too <33

me and sfat are teaming at this

sandbagging happens, just accept it even if its disrespectful its the other player's fault for sucking =/ I personally don't play my best all the time, you'll know exactly when I am =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom