• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Sounds mad cute. yea, just hit me up at the venue on friday and we can party it up later at the hotel hahaha. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Why are you guys posting descriptions acting like photos and Facebook don't exist?

Unless smashers are like that creepy guy that gives the kids a ride in Superbad.

:phone:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I'm watching the movie "Devil" right now.

It's getting me hype for G2 for some reason
Is that the movie where *****s is stuck in an elevator? I dont understand how that movie could possibly be good, correct me if Im wrong but just sayin.

unless your favorite part is how the devil somehow camps them out until he can capitalize on their mistakes. HYPE!!

The King

Smash Ace
ATTENTION!

We are still in great need of smashers stepping up to the plate who can bring Wii/Gamecube/N64 setups and 19"+ TV's! We definitely can't do this without the community, and with 500 expected entrants, we should have more stations than we could possibly know what to do with so long as everyone does their part!

Remember! For every full system setup or compatible TV you bring, you'll receive a voucher for free food & drink at the tournament from our stocked concession stand!

No matter if you're a local smasher or coming from out of state, anyone who has so much as a backpack can do our great community a wonderful service by packing a system setup for use during the tournament! All equipment will be logged & secured, with someone specifically guarding the venue to make sure your equipment is safe during Genesis II.

So in short: Bring setups and TV's if you can, and post in my thread that you'll be able to contribute to the best worldwide tournament of 2011!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305273

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo King. You can mark my bro and I down for one melee set up. No tv tho sadly :( but cube disk and memory card will be there :D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
attention!

we are still in great need of smashers stepping up to the plate who can bring wii/gamecube/n64 setups and 19"+ tv's! We definitely can't do this without the community, and with 500 expected entrants, we should have more stations than we could possibly know what to do with so long as everyone does their part!

remember! For every full system setup or compatible tv you bring, you'll receive a voucher for free food & drink at the tournament from our stocked concession stand!

no matter if you're a local smasher or coming from out of state, anyone who has so much as a backpack can do our great community a wonderful service by packing a system setup for use during the tournament! All equipment will be logged & secured, with someone specifically guarding the venue to make sure your equipment is safe during genesis ii.

so in short: Bring setups and tv's if you can, and post in my thread that you'll be able to contribute to the best worldwide tournament of 2011!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305273
I FEEL INSPIRED. YOU CAN COUNT ON ME TO BRING A SETUP, YOU DANG JIGGY PLAYER YOU. :p

The King

Smash Ace
Good stuff. =)

Nicknyte... why is it that when you quoted me, the capitalization of every first letter of each new paragraph, as well as all of the word "attention", turned from uppercase to lowercase?

O_O

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Nicknyte... why is it that when you quoted me, the capitalization of every first letter of each new paragraph, as well as all of the word "attention", turned from uppercase to lowercase?

O_O
He took all the uppercase ones for his own post.

If I can fit a GC/Wii in my bag without going over the 20kg limit, I'll take one console and one NTSC game. But I'd like to take it back every night to set it up at the hotel for those who wanna try the PAL version.

The King

Smash Ace
Checking them out each night to take them back to the hotel will be perfectly acceptable. =)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Who are you again?

AHAHAHAHA

@ Cyrain, how you gonna be lonely when you're with me AND a cute girl?
Alcohol is my only companion

@ Zhu, you don't know who she is, but she knows who you are. =O Through smash vids anyway haha. I'll introduce you. I'm sure she'll want to meet all the top players.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
YO READ THIS!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306642

You will need this if you want eats around the venue.

Good stuff. =)

O_O
Because the Caps filter ***** your Capitals when I tried to make the post. I fixed it, but your capitals were raptured.

The King

Smash Ace
Because the Caps filter ***** your Capitals when I tried to make the post. I fixed it, but your capitals were raptured.
Lol, I wonder if the word "*****" derived from the term "rapture", and in ancient times people would just say to one another "Get raptured, son."

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What kind of measures will you have ensured that ALL of my stuff will be safe there? I plan on bringing my Wii set-up for the hotel, but didn't plan on bringing it to the venue. The last time I was promised that all of my stuff would be safe was at WHOBO 3 and Xyro promised that my stuff would be fine. Next thing I know, my Wii Remote gets stolen and he has no real answer for me and didn't do anything to repay me for my lost stuff. No offense, Xyro, it was a fun tournament still, but that was kinda lame no matter how you look at it when you gave me your word.

I even labelled my Wii (that one was fine, nothing stolen there), and kept my Wii Remote behind it and near the back of the TV as well with my classic controller attached. If you guys can give me your word that my stuff would be guaranteed safe, wiimote and all, then I'll see about taking my set-up to the venue to help out with the numbers.

That, and people popping out my SD card for the sake of being little *****es about textures. All I have are stage textures and music alterations now. I don't want my card getting taken out unless I'm ASKED about it. Taking it out is fine if you guys have issues with it, but tell me first so that when it gets popped out I can just take it WITH me. I don't wanna risk THAT getting stolen either.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
We will have a check-in and information log system in place to keep track of all loaned TV/system setups for the tournament, as well as someone on Door Security throughout the event ensuring that no matter what you generously supply our tournament, it'll still be there when we wrap up on Sunday
That's what it says in that thread.

sidefx

Smash Champion
What kind of measures will you have ensured that ALL of my stuff will be safe there? I plan on bringing my Wii set-up for the hotel, but didn't plan on bringing it to the venue. The last time I was promised that all of my stuff would be safe was at WHOBO 3 and Xyro promised that my stuff would be fine. Next thing I know, my Wii Remote gets stolen and he has no real answer for me and didn't do anything to repay me for my lost stuff. No offense, Xyro, it was a fun tournament still, but that was kinda lame no matter how you look at it when you gave me your word.

I even labelled my Wii (that one was fine, nothing stolen there), and kept my Wii Remote behind it and near the back of the TV as well with my classic controller attached. If you guys can give me your word that my stuff would be guaranteed safe, wiimote and all, then I'll see about taking my set-up to the venue to help out with the numbers.

That, and people popping out my SD card for the sake of being little *****es about textures. All I have are stage textures and music alterations now. I don't want my card getting taken out unless I'm ASKED about it. Taking it out is fine if you guys have issues with it, but tell me first so that when it gets popped out I can just take it WITH me. I don't wanna risk THAT getting stolen either.

we have a system set in place so when you check in equipment all we need is the actual system its self (a disc if you have it with you hopefully yes =D) and the cables. A wiimote/sensor bar/sd card are not necessary and wont be cataloged.

When you bring in your system, we'll give you a wrist band, on that wristband has a number, we put that number in the excel file, along with your information (first/last name) along with your systems SKU number. We will also place a piece of painters tape (no residue left over) on your system, and cables. Which will also be noted on the excel file next to your information.

Then we assign your system to a specific station, where it will stay for the remainder of the day, until you take it back to the hotel with you.

Upon leaving with your system, we will ask you to present your wrist band to cross check with the data in the file and let you go =)

We will have people on site checking bags and equipment upon entering and exiting the building. So itll be pretty difficult to leave with any of your stuff.

But we also cant GUARANTEE 100% that nothing will happen, but we will take every measure necessary to try and ensure it doesnt happen.

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah, we'll only be requiring the bare essentials from people as far as setups go (we don't need anyone's Wii Remote, GC memory card, Wii sensor bar), so in effect the only material we'll need from people loaning the tournament their equipment is the system, power cord, composite cables, and a disc.

This info will be logged into our computer system, along with the person's name, smash tag, street name they live on, the serial # of their system or TV, and the # of the wristband we provide each donor. And we're going to have an Equipment Manager doubling as a door guard to make sure that no systems exit the premises that doesn't belong to it's owner.

So short of Robert DeNiro showing up with a gang equipped with hockey masks & AK47's, your stuff will be pretty safe at Genesis.

Edit: Damn boback will you stop reading my mind lol; almost same exact coverage, just different verbatum. xD

Samochan

Smash Master
It's nice to hear you guys are taking the issue of possible theft very seriously. There has been too many cases in the past.

I'm actually kind hoping someone would try something, just to get caught and efficently dealt with. =D That would be one less thief in smash tourneys.

I wish all you guys good luck for this tournament, especially EU guys attending and I hope the tournament runs smoothly. =)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
So my Hawaii plans just got *****, would it he possible for me to register still with like an additional fee or somethng? I'm currently in Cali.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Yes we will be taking registration at the Ramada Inn hotel on thursday July 14th.

Basically all day in the DBR hotel room (located in the bottom floor, on the corner of the building in front of the pool)

registration will not be taken at the door on the day of the tournament.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
It's either this or seeing Primus at Algood..........

SOMEONE. . . . . make up my mind. My ambivalence is killing me.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Alcohol is my only companion

@ Zhu, you don't know who she is, but she knows who you are. =O Through smash vids anyway haha. I'll introduce you. I'm sure she'll want to meet all the top players.
I'm pretty sure zhu won't be at genesis

Abate

Smash Journeyman
It's either this or seeing Primus at Algood..........

SOMEONE. . . . . make up my mind. My ambivalence is killing me.
I saw Primus at Bonnaroo and they were ****ING AWESOME. But still, come to genesis, Primus will still be equally awesome at a different opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom