• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
since we have generally the numbers of entry, are we still doing 3 rounds of pools for each game?

I guess that breakdown will come once pools are announced? if so thats fine :laugh:

sidefx

Smash Champion
thats what were hung up on the most.

i think were settling on 1 round of pools for brawl teams, 2 rounds for brawl singles, 2 rounds for melee teams, and 3 rounds for melee singles.

its not due to time (i think were pretty open as far as time constraints go) but its more so due to the amount of players. we anticipated a lot more, and recently there have been people dropping out and needing refunds.

so.. 3 rounds is a bit excessive for brawl seeing out it probably wont make it over 250 after registration this thursday.

but its not 100% confirmed yet though but most likely thats what we'll end up doing.

were aiming for 6 people per pool (some may have 7), top 3 make it out of each.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Only one round for Brawl Doubles?
That's not a lot of practice...
Damnit... Gotta find some time to get practice in then!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Fuzzyness!!!!!!

Please go Yoshi in your pools matches. (melee)

You still have that Yoshi right?
that is all!

Also.. Are ANY Yoshi players (melee) entered into singles?? Park? I didn't recognize any besides Leffen, and I DOUBT he'll be going Yoshi.. :( I hope I had just missed someone.

Then I'm not entering singles for this either, sooo.. I'm only getting more :( No yoshi players? :( *cries* if so Can ANYONE go Yoshi in a few matches... Pweeeez?!? ^^

<3

3 days everyone!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!! so much hype!

tw1n

Smash Champion
need a doubles partner, and 2 more people for our hotel room. pm me.
Hey i may have one guy who needs housing. Jar'd. I am not sure if he has a place yet. I will know by tomorrow tho.

Also VMan. I suck too much to play Yoshi in pools... but I will gladly Yoshi ditto you :D

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
vectorman that wont happen lol, i dont have that much confidence in yoshi XD
Lies!!!

aw vectorman how sweet hehe. im glad u remember park, tho he retired 4 years ago :) old school homie
haha, yeah I was hoping he'd attend this, and I've prolly seen all of his 64 videos..^^; Im hoping at least SOMEONE uses Yoshi in bracket or gives it a shot. It can be done.. I've faith... <3

Hey i may have one guy who needs housing. Jar'd. I am not sure if he has a place yet. I will know by tomorrow tho.

Also VMan. I suck too much to play Yoshi in pools... but I will gladly Yoshi ditto you :D
Nooooooooo.. you never know unless you try. ^^; and haha, Yoshi dittos are actually some of the funniest matches I've had..XD.

thread needs moar Yoshis! ^^

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo old man G. You are housing the 5 or 6 NM smashers correct?

Also, I have a camcorder for this so I can record inteviews, magic tricks and the best freaking weekend of my life!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yo calvo you coming to this? i remember you from pojo lol

Got the PM and sent him a reply. If he accepts, Grey's Soviet Love Shack will be closed to the general public and no longer be accepting any more house-boys smashers. :yeahboi:
you are infinitely ****in' amazing and if your avatar is of jubei kibagami as i think it is, then i don't think you could get much more amazing.

thanks for accepting my ganondorf friend.

Shockna

Smash Cadet
Are the streamed matches going to be uploaded to a youtube or JTV account after it's over? I'm interested in seeing the tourney streamed (Mostly the finals), but I'm working at the time it takes place.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
for both, they'll be uploaded to youtube, since own3d.tv (what both streams are using) doesn't record automatically.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
you are infinitely ****in' amazing and if your avatar is of jubei kibagami as i think it is, then i don't think you could get much more amazing.

thanks for accepting my ganondorf friend.
No, it's Dream of the Endless from the Sandman comics.

Thanks and no problem, I'm glad I can be of some help. Especially to a fellow Ganon user. :ganondorf:
Yo old man G. You are housing the 5 or 6 NM smashers correct?

Also, I have a camcorder for this so I can record inteviews, magic tricks and the best freaking weekend of my life!
Yup, Victor PMed me some time ago and the NM smashers rooming with me.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'll be taking pretty much all money matches in Brawl at this. However, if it's less than $5, expect me to go a secondary

$1-$4 My MK/Falco/Snake (Best of 3)
$5 - $9 your anything vs my Marth (Best of 3)
$10 or more gets you a Best of 5 Set vs my Marth

I'll be hunting you down/crossing you off my list throughout the weekend.

SINGLES MONEY MATCHES SO FAR
$1 NoR4U - My Snake
$4 Seige - My Snake
$5 Arty - My Marth
$5 Topix - My Marth
$5 Z - My Marth
$5 Dakpo - My Marth
$5 Jamnt0ast - My Marth
$5 Itakio - My Marth
$5 Kokaloo - My Marth
$5 Praxis - My Marth
$5 Jeepy - My Marth
$5 Maize - My Marth
$5 Twich - My Snake
$5 TC1 - Mario Dittos
$5 TC1 - My Marth
$5 ASA - My Marth
$5 QuesoKirby - My Marth
$5 Kuraudo - My Marth
$5 Biglou - My Marth
$5 Zigsta - My Marth
$5 Denti - My Marth
$5 Iktomi - My Marth
$5 ESAM (IC's) - My Marth
$10 gtKarma - My Marth
$10 ESAM - My Marth
$10 Atomsk - My Marth
$10 Nickriddle - My Marth

i'll try to record the hype matches if they don't happen in tournament. I want to play everyone at this.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
aw vectorman how sweet hehe. im glad u remember park, tho he retired 4 years ago :) old school homie
haha, yeah I was hoping he'd attend this, and I've prolly seen all of his 64 videos..^^; Im hoping at least SOMEONE uses Yoshi in bracket or gives it a shot. It can be done.. I've faith... <3
Yeah sadly he retired a while ago. Just fyi though, the ssb64 player and melee yoshi main (both named 'Park') are 2 different people

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah sadly he retired a while ago. Just fyi though, the ssb64 player and melee yoshi main (both named 'Park') are 2 different people
Oh wow, yeah, thanks for the fix on that.. I DID NOT know they were different players at all. Well i've seen a Park in melee, AND in 64, so I just assumed they were the same player. So in technicality. I don't really know which one I know. >.>;

Either way, I just hope to see another Yoshi, if not. I may have to, represent a Yoshi.
However, I don't feel as prepared in my Yoshi as I was for Pound V. I really think I can get further in the bracket with yoshi than I did at Pound even, though the road to get there will be chaotic. Thing is, the "motive" just isn't what it used to be for me.. So cheerleader for AZ I shall be. .lol

Guess that's what I get for not practicing with him, but idk we will have to see what happens.

Thanks again for the fix.

n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom