• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Waddle Throw Glitch?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
So I side B and nothing comes out.

Happens like 1 in 5 matches.

No, not on Lylatt, it happens on flat ground, sometimes when there are no waddle dees/doos out.

Not that anyone knows why this happens, just wondering if it happens to anyone else as much as it does to me.

(my combo: Waddle dee glitch to trip)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Its happened to me a lot.

I think it has something to do with there already being 2 waddles on the field, but usually if that happens one just dissapears.

This is just a guess that i can't test right now, but maybe if both other waddles are doing something they can't just poof so you can't throw another one. Just guessing. I don't actually know.

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
This is just a guess that i can't test right now, but maybe if both other waddles are doing something they can't just poof so you can't throw another one. Just guessing. I don't actually know.
Sounds right to me.

Happens to me consistently when my opponents launch the other two waddles at high speeds (they hate the poor little guys).

I've never seen it with no waddles on the field, so I can't help you there.

Coach Bombay

Smash Rookie
Im pretty sure its due to King D being able to throw items and you having items off so the game registers an item throw but no items are on so no item comes out so no throw. im like 90% thats the reason

Samus-T

Smash Lord
if there are 2 waddles out and your opponent hits one of the waddles while you're in the animation of throwing out another one, the waddle being attacked wont disappear and because it doesnt disappear, you cant throw out a new waddle D. there ya have it :)

TheFast

Smash Lord
this kept happening to my friend and what it turned out to be is i would hit them off the screen and then he would try to throw another one but sometimes they live through the hit and if they are off the screen to the right or left they have to hit the bottom of the screen (even if u cant see them) before you can throw one in its place

Buuman

Smash Ace
if there are 2 waddles out and your opponent hits one of the waddles while you're in the animation of throwing out another one, the waddle being attacked wont disappear and because it doesnt disappear, you cant throw out a new waddle D. there ya have it :)
ANNNNDDD SAMUS-T WINS FOLKS! I was going to post this exactly..slowly scrolling through the possible reasons why this occurs. Samus-T is correct everyone. If there are two waddle dees/doos out and an opponent makes physical contact with one of them, with a move, D3 will throw nothing.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
(edit-nevermind, i just said exactly what buuman did)

you shouldnt worry about this so much, its not that bad.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
sometimes the waddles float and u wont see them trying to throw another one which = no throw.

if not samus T already pointed it out

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
I'm more inclined to agree with coach bombay, but I don't have enough experience with DDD to disprove Samus T's theory, so in the end, it's just my gut feeling.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
2 waddles out...no more throwing...

waddles die off the stage exactly like regular characters...

even if you dont have any walking around...they might still be alive...just falling off screen

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I'm more inclined to agree with coach bombay, but I don't have enough experience with DDD to disprove Samus T's theory, so in the end, it's just my gut feeling.
hes got one post and joined just last month......id listen to him too lol:laugh:

whut?

Smash Journeyman
hes got one post and joined just last month......id listen to him too lol:laugh:
lol, that might be true but you cant always say that.
i didnt want to bump this before and reply to him but trust me dood, it is NOT items.
if you have 2 waddles out, to throw another-
one of the two need to "warp" back into dededes sleeve, where he lets them live(?)
if one is stunned this is impossible. i havent tested it, i probably could, but i dont need to.
ive played DDD enough to notice this stunned waddle phenomenon

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Well, as nice and attractive as Samus-T's explanation is, it can't be the reason behind the TS' problem, since he's made it very clear that he has had no waddles out at the time. Hence, it's impossible that someone was attacking one.

I'm more inclined to agree with the item theory.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
edit-i now assure you this has nothing to do with items, it is the stunned waddles.
End of story!
^_^

JrdnS

Smash Ace
this has happened to me to i was thinking it was because items were off. like someone else said earlier. but i want to know the true reason if thats not it

Samus-T

Smash Lord
waddles arent items, therefore they cant NOT be thrown when items are off V__V

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
it seems to happen to me when someone hit 2 waddles and they go flying and then i try to through one and it doesnt happen. i just wiff it. that might be it

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
So I side B and nothing comes out.

Happens like 1 in 5 matches.

No, not on Lylatt, it happens on flat ground, sometimes when there are no waddle dees/doos out.

Not that anyone knows why this happens, just wondering if it happens to anyone else as much as it does to me.

(my combo: Waddle dee glitch to trip)

wow guys, doodah says in his post that there are NO WADDLES OUT on flat ground.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
he is probably mistaken, you dont always see waddles that are out.
stop bumping this when there is no video or anything to back up his claim.
if you mained ddd you would agree, it IS stunned waddles.
theres nothing else to it unless you get proof.
bumping the thread and just quoting someone will do nothing to contribute

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
how does 4 days make this a bump? o_o

Doodah wouldn't claim that there were no waddles when there were waddles.

also, if you dislike bumps so much, why'd YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU bump it?

:p

Top Bottom