• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEAD Ganondorf Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stRIP

Smash Ace
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We should give Plur a special place in the Ganon Tier List

"Best Volcano A**kicker in Teams"

O.o

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
Oh my stars and garters...Never before have I seen such hardcore epic-ness. I feel a great need to fist pump with a live grenade in my hand now.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I have plenty of vids of me .vs Atlas' Samus. He's pretty great IMHO. I love it when he get's a his pro combos off, wish my camcorder didn't die when we were going to start. I only have the replays but those are good in and of themselves.

Here's two of my happiest matches, well that I got on tape
.vs Atlas' Peach
.vs Atlas' Samus BF 2

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Slow yr roll, papi.

EDIT: re: MOM's post below.

I can't post again yet. I'm reveling in the 666 right now, so I'm just gonna edit my posts. lol.

iAvenida de los Puertoriquenos, tio! Yo, Eamon told me Moore street was having a mad Tres Reyes festival the other day again! I loved that ish. When we moved it it was like the welcoming committee was out in full force. B-zo givin us mad blunts, Tres Reyes making sure we're well fed, and Roberto stinking up our apartment with old furniture, fresh paint, and whiskey from who knows when. lol. Did you get down on some of that chorizo, MOM?

I should probably make Slow yr roll, papi my new sig or something. 2009ers just keep giving me great comedic quoting. Audacious bunch of babies.

PS: today: motha f*cking NOTORIOUS in theaters. get down with the green team and see that ish.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
hahah sorry to troll but slow your roll papi oh man. DADS STILL GOT IT!

Dad your new avatar should say" slow your roll papi," not "Posts 666"

YOU ALL BETTA SLOW YOUR ROLLS, YA BUNCH OF PAPIS!

borincuan avenue represent

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Donkey Kong....Hilarious match of someone making a lot of noobish mistakes and getting brutally punished for it. XD

Otherwise, you seem to have Ganon down okay. You don't seem to use Flame Choke much though. Against Olimar, if you do manage to land a Flame Choke on him, Jab, F-tilt, and D-tilt are all guaranteed follow ups.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
Wow that DK player was very....aweful (like i'd know)
but try utting in some music or turning the volume up before posting the vids to entertain the watcher so it's not boring ^.^

TP

Smash Master
Vex has a very good Ganon. However, he made a couple of technical mistakes. Reverse Reverse Warlock Punch Recovery was ditched about a week after it was thought of. When he tried it, he got killed for it. It just isn't a good idea. Also, he could pummel much faster if he used the IASA frames. Besides that, I am quite impressed.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Vex is good, but as a Ganon, he could stand some improvement. The first three matches were ones he lost, admittedly by a respectable margin. His spotdodging was incredible, however, his Ganon-specific tactics are what I'm critiquing. And to be quite frank, that last match just mostly seemed to consist of you making mistakes that you didn't earlier and shouldn't have then. (No offense, but that's what I'm seeing)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
oh no doubt the last match was all me, too many stupid mistakes that got me side b killed and practically 0-deathed on the last stock. Also he won the second match. im guessing his spot dodging habits are from his maining of d3.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That last video I saw Vex outspace Steel a little with reverse uairs........are they any good at all in the Marth matchup against his fairs?

Vex is really good though......he used a TON of ftilt though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Pretty nice Ganon there, Vex.
Nice tech chasing.
Your Ganon could be better at reverse buffering, though..

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
That last video I saw Vex outspace Steel a little with reverse uairs........are they any good at all in the Marth matchup against his fairs?

Vex is really good though......he used a TON of ftilt though.
they proved to be pretty effective, but we never tested to see exactly what i could beat it with.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I cried watching Vex. WHY IS HE SPOTDODGING SOOOOOOOO MUCH? ;_;

No seriously...Ganondorf isn't DDD or Falco. You just CAN'T spotdodge that much and expect to get away with it. You're supposed to shield against Marth....if anything. <_<

I didn't see him use D-tilt....at all....when it would have been a better option than F-tilt since D-tilt actually has more range than Marth IIRC.

His Ganon is ok-ish. Not horribad. But not that good either.

Browny

Smash Hater
Well... vids from my latest tourney are up lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UmuvNYBjo&feature=channel_page
Ant (Ganon) vs DJBrowny (Sonic) Grand finals, set 1 match 1,2

I dont wanna link the other matches since I was playing like crap, I didnt really care if I won or lost this grand final since we are brothers after all, I wasnt about to CP japes or rainbow cruise on him :p (He won the overall finals 2-1, 2-0 after i beat him 2-1 in winners bracket btw)

I think my bro plays a little too risky sometimes, but he knows my playstyle very well.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
djbrowny, the Ganon rolls every time his back is to the opponent when he is shielding.

Tell him that.

It's kind of funny to see a textbook weakness actually play out in a vid. :lick:

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
"When" seemed like an odd word to stress, pk.

And that reminds me, I do that rolling thing too. Sucks that I'm aware of it and still do it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
"When" seemed like an odd word to stress, pk
Well I wrote the sentence in a weird form, but I didn't want to change it.

The key is that I noticed times when he didn't roll when his back was to the opponent. It's just that if he IS shielding, and his back is to the opponent (or he thinks his back is to the opponent), then he rolls.

The cut of the vid that proves the parenthetical only further goes to show how paranoid he is about his backside - he totally panics.

And that reminds me, I do that rolling thing too. Sucks that I'm aware of it and still do it.
Yeah. I don't know of any patterns from me though. My technical fumbling would be masking all of it if I have any - both from me, and the people I play against (so no help there).

It might be a better position to see that next thing to eliminate. I believe the lesson is you have to sit down with a friend and ask him to punish **** that habit. For an hour. That'll learn ya.

Browny

Smash Hater
umm so what should he be doing in the meantime then?
ganon doesnt exactly have any fast Oos options

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
umm so what should he be doing in the meantime then?
ganon doesnt exactly have any fast Oos options
That's not the point.

*Anything* is better than doing one thing always. If his opponent watches, he'll get predicted, and he will lose games. He has to get over it. Really; at this point it's not just a matter of him deciding something else to do. If I'm right, then even if you told him about the regularity, he will be unable to kick it for a bit, because it is a habit. And further, he will need specific effort, beyond repetition, to kick it, because it holds moreover that it is a fear (if I'm right).

But to think of some other things... there's... rolling the other way, or shield jumping -> bair, or to dair, or he could drop shield and dash, possibly mixup to a pivot Murder Choke, or he could... do nothing. I make no guarantees about the viability of any of these options.

When he's got some repertoire of options in hand, he can then reintegrate back rolling.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You honestly need to update the opening page, Flying Dutchman. Those videos of everyone are quite old..

:034:

Smash Hero
You honestly need to update the opening page, Flying Dutchman. Those videos of everyone are quite old..
I'm lazy.

Plus, I've just got a lot of things with school and the art academy on my mind right now, so I can clearly say I'm not at all motivated.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I know you're good at Gerudo techchasing, stRIP..
But you really should go for Gerudo -> Dtilt, more, on Jiggs : P
i lulz RLY hard

look at the date of the videos.

at that time i was a rollspamming ****** which thought that gerudo followups are stupid...

srsly lol.

:034:

Smash Hero
Well, thanks to Kalm, it's been updated. He'll make a new thread for video's, but until it's made, the OP has his update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom