• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dead Space 2 has the worst advertisement campaign ever for a horror game

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yes necessarily. Why would I talk if I thought I was wrong?
Not thinking you're right does not equate to thinking you're wrong.

I also wasn't upset, and I also don't remember you explaining anything lol

joeplicate

Smash Master
the only add i've seen for this game

is the one where it's like a showdown between the pirate and some creature
and it's supposed to mimic a western-style shootout, and a little critter scurries across the screen, and it's supposed to represent a tumbleweed

i just remember thinking, "why?"

then the main guy shot with his "quick and accurate rivet gun" which you get for pre-ordering or something

what a convoluted add
what are they even trying to sell omg

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I was let down by Deadspace. I love horror games, but Deadspace just wasn't scary. It was nothing compared to horror games I've played in the past. Games in general are becoming less appealing to hardcore gamers as developers realize they can make more money targeting the largest audience; which means making them easier and ultimately more accessible to people. In that way the game industry is starting to resemble the movie industry. I don't really like it myself. Our beloved Brawl has also fallen victim to this unfortunately.

The developers of Deadspace are concerned about how many copies will sell, not how much you will enjoy it. If they can make more money targeting a younger audience they are going to do it. The game industry has changed for the worse......and it sucks. If I see one more cheap party game or Miley Cyrus game on the Wii I might just lose all hope. I miss the old Resident Evil and the old Final Fantasy and so many other games made during a time when game developers actually cared how their product was recieved by gamers, instead of how it will be recieved by people who don't really play games.

ook

Smash Lord
the only add i've seen for this game

is the one where it's like a showdown between the pirate and some creature
and it's supposed to mimic a western-style shootout, and a little critter scurries across the screen, and it's supposed to represent a tumbleweed

i just remember thinking, "why?"

then the main guy shot with his "quick and accurate rivet gun" which you get for pre-ordering or something

what a convoluted add
what are they even trying to sell omg
That was a Gamestop ad to sell pre-orders.

Gamestop always makes silly machinima ads featuring the character using the exclusive item.

Top Bottom