• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deadpool PSA - Work in Progress: Preview Video Added

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
DEADPOOL

Hello residents of Smashboards! I am SiLeNtDo0m! Some of you may already know me from Kitty Corp Meow Mix (KC-MM) as SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n and I've decided to bring myself over here as well. I'll be posting my PSAs on here in seperate topics as well as in my topic in the KC-MM (which is here if any of you are interested in any of my PSA projects: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15324.0

So without further ado, lemme lay down the stats for Deadpool:

Character over - Snake
Movement Speed - 6.5/10 (runs the same speed as Pit, aerial speed the same as Mario's)
Attack Speed - 8/10 (fast relentless attacks)
Power - 7/10 (pretty strong, no where near as strong as Snake though)
Range - 9/10 (disjointed, large hitboxes and a few projectiles too)
Personality - 10/10 (being Deadpool, he will have loads of character!)

Cool Tidbits

- Deadpool's back dodge is the MOONWALK! See this video here for a quick demonstration (looks better in game):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0V4zVz1BA

- A lot of his moves are based around Marvel vs Capcom 3 (including his waiting animation)

- HOPEFULLY I will be able to add a voice hex pack so that he truly has all his comedic value (though hopefully I'll be able to get the majority of it across through animations). If anyone can help me with this, I would be most grateful.

Moveset

AAA: Punch, Punch, Kick - The same as Snake's, just a tad faster and a tad weaker. 10%

F Tilt: Kung-fu Gut to Face punch - Deadpool does a Kung Fu pose, then proceeds with punching the opponent in the gut then the face. Decent knockback on the hit to the face. 12%

U Tilt: Upper-cut - Deadpool whips out his katana and slices upwards quickly. A relatively weak but quick move. 7%

D Tilt: Trip kick - A simple quick low ground kick near identical to Ness'. Low damage and knockback but high trip rate. 4%

Dash Attack: Quick as the Wind! - Deadpool rushes forward and does a quick forward slice. It sends the opponent backwards at an angle. 8%

F Smash: Katanarama! - Deadpool does two relatively strong slices in quick succession. This is pretty fast and pretty strong. Maximum 20%

U Smash: Shoryuken! - Not the real Shoryuken, but Deadpool's imitation of the Shoryuken (so really it's just a jumping uppercut). Again, good power and speed. Maximum 19%

D Smash: Break it down - Deadpool does a break dance spin near identical to Sheik's D Smash. Good power and speed like the other two. Maximum 19%

N Air: Flying Kicks - Deadpool does two flying kicks in quick succession. Think Link's N Air but with both legs. 11%

F Air: Pound to the ground - Deadpool does a flip the swings his hands overhead to hammer the opponent down. A pretty strong meteor smash. 13%

B Air: Back kick - The same as Snake's really, but not as strong and with less ending lag. 9%

U Air: Skyward Sword - An upward slash, almost identical to Marth's in animation, speed and power. 8%

D Air: You Spin me round - Deadpool does a fast, spinning aerial pirouette downwards at high speeds, sending foes outwards. 9%

Neutral B: PINAPPLES! - Same as Snake's grenade throw, except with a wackier animation as per usual. 10%

Side B: I Love me some GUNS! - Deadpool whips out his two pistols and fires off a few fast rounds. The bullets are so fast and small that they are difficult to see. 10% (2% each shot)

Up B: Teleportation >.> - Deadpool activates his teleportation device to warp upwards Chaos Control style. There is a chance of malfunction at the end, causing Deadpool to explode, launch himself higher and damage enemies. 0% non malfunction, 6% malfunction

Down B: Health Bar Smasher - Deadpool poses, readying for a counter. If he gets hit he will whip out his health bar and smash the opponent in the face with it. This may either cause damage and knockback proportional to the attack it countered (like Marth's counter), or just give a set damage and knockback. 15% (if damage is set), 1.2x the amount that would have been received (if damage is not set)

Final Smash: It's CUT TIME!! - Deadpool stares down at the foe and if they are caught in his stare, they will be stuck in place, allowing Deadpool to hack and slash at them back and forth until finally delivering the ending blow (similar structure to Link's Final Smash). 70%

Remember that this is a WORK IN PROGRESS. I don't have that much done at the moment, but progress is steady. This is merely a teaser for the moment ;)

Model by ChaotixNinjax: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11331

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
i hate to complain, but can you please not use dark red text in all of your posts? The default forum theme has a dark grey background that conflicts with it and makes your text impossible to read.

That PSA sounds great, by the way!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Not sure what you're talking about there, I use Revolution and it doesn't strain my eyes.

Then again, I've had the pleasure of someone that used rainbow text in forums of my activity, so maybe that's just me getting used to ****ty text colors.

In other news, this looks like we have some potential.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Not sure what you're talking about there, I use Revolution and it doesn't strain my eyes.

Then again, I've had the pleasure of someone that used rainbow text in forums of my activity, so maybe that's just me getting used to ****ty text colors.

In other news, this looks like we have some potential.
Don't worry, I've got a decent amount of experience in PSA so I know what I'm doing ;)

I'm currently working on custom animations for Deadpool. It's going pretty smoothly so far.

About the font colour, personally I have no trouble seeing it either. It could possibly be since it's my default colour at KC-MM so I'm very used to seeing it XD But I will change it anyways :ohwell:

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Deadpool>>>Snake This definitely replacing my Snake slot. Also, what will you be doing for sound effects, if anything? The PSA just won't feel complete until we hear him yell "Shoryuken" and talk about the yellow boxes he always sees.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Sounds great!

Are you going to integrate those sound effect bubble things like SHORYUKEN! and POW! and stuff? Like have it display the bubble when the attack makes contact?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Sounds great!

Are you going to integrate those sound effect bubble things like SHORYUKEN! and POW! and stuff? Like have it display the bubble when the attack makes contact?
This is impossible for two reasons:
1) It would require actually creating GFX which is impossible at the moment (you can only switch and slightly edit them)
2) Even if I could do that, it would cause your Wii to explode from overexposure to pure awesomeness XD constantly freeze.

He will hopefully have the voice though.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
1) It would require actually creating GFX which is impossible at the moment (you can only switch and slightly edit them)
2) Even if I could do that, it would cause your Wii to explode from overexposure to pure awesomeness XD constantly freeze.

Couldn't you use models given the godly amount of articles Snake has?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Couldn't you use models given the godly amount of articles Snake has?
I'd still be very limited. Remember that I still need to give Deadpool swords and pistols (things that Snake doesn't have) as well as a health bar (that takes up 3 articles already). Not to mention that most of the other ones are unusable due to the fact that they actually do something (I can't use the Mortar, the Mortar Shell, the Land Mine, the C4, the Grenade Launcher Grenades or the Cypher).

And to be honest, he doesn't really need them anyways. He manages without them in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and is still hilarious XD

Photos

Smash Journeyman

could you do it with the online taunt bubbles?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman

This is entirely possible.

Step 1. Get STGMETALGEAR00.pac.

Step 2. Look for the exclamation point that appears above your head.

Step 3. Insert into your personal GFX.

Step 4. Retexture into ANYTHING YOU WANT

Step 5. Now you can have ANYTHING YOU WANT as a graphic!

(No, really, this actually works, I've done it before.) Beware though, it's one sided, as in there is a front BUT NO BACK, so you'll have to use If: Facing Left and If: Facing Right.

And Snake has a ton of personal GFX anyways; according to the external graphic program thing by theshyguy, he has over 90 of them.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I guess I could try it out. It'll be one of the very last things I do though. It may not even come with the initial release

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This is entirely possible.

Step 1. Get STGMETALGEAR00.pac.

Step 2. Look for the exclamation point that appears above your head.

Step 3. Insert into your personal GFX.

Step 4. Retexture into ANYTHING YOU WANT

Step 5. Now you can have ANYTHING YOU WANT as a graphic!

(No, really, this actually works, I've done it before.) Beware though, it's one sided, as in there is a front BUT NO BACK, so you'll have to use If: Facing Left and If: Facing Right.

And Snake has a ton of personal GFX anyways; according to the external graphic program thing by theshyguy, he has over 90 of them.
Sorry for double posting, but this still isn't possible. With this technique I'll only be able to add one graphic. The reasons being:

1) When I use the "external graphic models" in the FitSnake.pac, they all share the same texture (therefore I can only have one texture).
2) Since the exclamation mark is a model graphic and not a Ptc graphic, it can't be swapped via TheShyGuy's external graphic editor.
3) Snake doesn't actually have 90+ external graphic effects. He actually has 17. The 96 comes from his sub external graphics (so basically each of the sections in the external graphic).

Well, if you can help me find more flat models like the "!" then I could try and use those.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
You can make them use different textures.

Open Textures1 and then change the reference. Also open Materials1 and change those to match, too. Something roughly like that.

You'll have to close and reopen Brawlbox to see the changes.

EDIT: Fail, I switched accounts, but I'm still JoeGrandma. :/

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
You can make them use different textures.

Open Textures1 and then change the reference. Also open Materials1 and change those to match, too. Something roughly like that.

You'll have to close and reopen Brawlbox to see the changes.

EDIT: Fail, I switched accounts, but I'm still JoeGrandma. :/
Thanks for this! This'll be very helpful. And I think I've found a really good way to have LOADS of these bubbles come up. If I swap Snake's MiscData[0] and MiscData[1] for ROB's, I can have up to 16 external graphic models (not all of them will be used for speech bubbles though, I can use 14 for speech bubbles).

Do you think that this could work? If it does it would be awesome o.o

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Probably..... O_O I've never done anything with the MiscData[0] and [1], so iono..... >__<;;

mariodk

Smash Ace
^This project is dead. Silent is no longer working on it, or were you talking to jellyfishjosh?
not a good idea jellyFishjosh taking over cuz he got like 10 other projects he PMed me he making on KC-mm

each time he got a new project he PM what project and without finish the others projects (not even a beta with just one attack/animation)

so this project is dead
1st. PM was just a random PM he just sent he making Kid goku
2nd. without any previews/beta version of Kid goku he saying he making someone named sackboy again one of these random PMs
3. again same no previews or Beta of sackboy he saying he making crash bandicoot
4. this time he got preview but only one like 1-2 animations and not even ingame and now saying he will finish this project

so i dont think this project will be finished by jellyFishjosh maybe a other but not jellyFishjosh since he will maybe change project again

Top Bottom