• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Game & Watch

Duum

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. Does anyone know how to deal with Game & Watch? I usually play very aggressively, forcing the other player to make mistakes, but G&W is a complete wall. Everyone one of my moves get outprioritized and it feels as if he has very little ending lag. Any tips?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Moonwalk into bair/nair, mostly. Gets you away, you can cancel it anytime with a WD/Shield/lots of things, and when the timing is right just shorthop and punish. If he's grounded after a Fair or something(I don't see why he'd fair when walling but, y'know, whatever), try to go for JC grabs, or again, moonwalk grabs if he starts baiting those out.

Other ideas are to use Homing Attack, reverse SDJ Dair(go under GnW with spin dash, press the reverse direction on the control stick, then jump and Dair). I find GnW to be one of Sonic's easier matchups, but the RNG can be the worst opponent.

Top Bottom