• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dec 8th Smash Tourney in Palos Verdes (free ice cream and otter pops)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
no you're too unlucky.

I mean, remember that time we went to kiras at two thirty in the ****ing morning, then you stayed up all night playing smash, and almost crashed into a ****en big rig?

it's okay though we had yoshinoya.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
depends how bored i am this saturday, hopefully i won't be... but put me down as a maybe. gas is too expensive to go by myself tho, anyone need a ride and willing to help on gas? =)

Adolex

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. There is still time. People always post in the last minut. Or don't post at all! Its all Good!

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
I might be able to hitch a ride with Jack Lavender.:)

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Kaze - Maybe
And if the tournament starts around 1 or after and ends before 8 or earlier, I can definitely come.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
updated some of this, including times.

I'm hoping that it is cool with you guys if i take 5% of singles pot from the 3rd place guy.

Also, can ppl please tell me if they are bringing TVs or cubes?
thx

Adolex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, much better. Hope yah make it. Haven't seen Jack Lavender in a Long Long Long Long Long Long Long Long Time!!!

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
anyone going through buena park/anaheim area that doesn't mind giving me a ride pm me or something please.. i'll help out with gas money and stuffs.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
you giving me n mango a ride tofu? lol ill buy you yoshinoya instead of gas money
Yeah i can. Lemme map quest this stuff tho. Cuz i may need you to go to the bus station in burbank like last time. And yoshinoya is more that enough payment. ;)

EDIT: Wow lucky you have a gay sig.

Adolex

Smash Journeyman
Dang, Jack is MVP of making sandwiches. His latest sandwich is Peanut Butter and .......Banana! hmm. Well. at least you tried. Maybe next time jack. Yeah. Its almost saterday!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ooooohhhhhh mannnn

i'll try and bring a full complete set up if i go

where is this tourney?

how far away from riverside, somebody tell me how far i need to go

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
its like around an hour and a halfish kinda... depends on traffic i guess

its in Rancho Palos Verdes my address is like in the first post i think

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
I'm back!

Got the day off. As a reward for being awesome and stuff.

I'll be bringing 2 tv's and 1 cube, unless i get lost.

One tv is kind of small though. It'll only be good for singles maybe, but not doubles. At least friendlies. We'll see.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
omg the tourney is coming up tomorrow!!! i think a few of my friends are coming so thats like easy money, but neways...

1. **** YES JACK CAN MAKE IT!!!

2. I dunno if Sniper has a ride. some give him a ride plz maybe?

3. If not a lot of ppl show up, wanna have 2 big crews wit team captains as Lucky and Mango?

4. ne1 wanna MM my Game and Watch with their low tier $1? (link and luigi dont count lol)

5. thanks for bringing setups everyone, its much appreciated.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
random post but,

Everyone should play Phoenix Wright, cus its the best game in the world and helps with your mindgames.

LuCKy

Smash Master
ooooooooooooo metro can get us to redondo beach lol thats kinda close can anyone pick us up from the metro station at redondo beach on marine ave? post or aim me if you can i think its about 10 to 15 min away from the tourney

thelegendofLuCKy

or

PrrettyMango69

please and thank you lol ill try to be on aim by 8

and if we make it and you do crews can me and mango be team captains? so i can say my crew ***** mangos:) oh and sniper bring gh3 so we can play after or before the tourney:)

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
Hello all!

This was going to be one of my first tournaments, but not a lot of people showed up. I got a ride from Jack at around 10:30 AM and we got lost around the Palos Verdes area for about an hour before making it to Moogledude's house. When we got there, three other people already arrived (Sniper, Adolex and his brother). A while later Moogledude's friends came and we did a small doubles tournament and after that Adolex and his brother had to leave. We decided to hold a very small singles tournament after that. A while later Moogledude's friends had to leave so it was just Me, Jack, Moogledude, and Sniper. Sniper left also so the rest of us played Smash until about 12:00 AM. It was more of a Smashfest than a tournament. Overall, I had a great time even though it wasn't a tournament. I feel that I have improved a bit (even though I got whooped by almost everyone there:()

We should do this more often!

Top Bottom