• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It has been two weeks, and Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is only halfway filled. Currently Gheb + Circus and Mayling + Cello are in hydras for the game, and it is still missing four players. If the game isn't full in another week, I'm going to split Gheb, Circus, Mayling, and Cello into four different players and also add Bunglefever from replacements to active players.

There aren't as many games running right now as there were earlier. Only 5 now, and 2 of them must be nearing their conclusions. I hope some more of you will sign up for my game.
D: D'aw. I want to play, but it doesn't seem like I can. Probably since I haven't done that many Smashboards Mafian games. Sorries, Mayling! Guess I can't play with you..! Maybe next game! Good luck with this, too! I'll lurk and see how it goes!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I don't know. Tom didn't put me on the list. >___<; Like I said, I haven't done many Smashboard mafia games at all. LoDscrew is my first one on SB. So I'm going to assume that's the reason why: "Lack of Smashboards experience?" Mebee next time I suppose. TT__TTv

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
It has been two weeks, and Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is only halfway filled. Currently Gheb + Circus and Mayling + Cello are in hydras for the game, and it is still missing four players. If the game isn't full in another week, I'm going to split Gheb, Circus, Mayling, and Cello into four different players and also add Bunglefever from replacements to active players.

There aren't as many games running right now as there were earlier. Only 5 now, and 2 of them must be nearing their conclusions. I hope some more of you will sign up for my game.
You shouldn't rush it, I think more players are realizing they don't want to be in as many games as they previously had been signing up for, so things are slowing down. :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Right, I actually like it that way. Better to have 4 active games than 8 where half the games are dead / boring. We had a whole bunch of big games recently (Sleepover, Monster Island, SLJ2, Left4Scum) and I can't think of a game since Simpsons Mafia that had less than 12 players. I think people need to start hosting smaller games now. I don't see why there aren't more 7 - 11 player games.

@Today

Never give up!

:059:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Right, I actually like it that way. Better to have 4 active games than 8 where half the games are dead / boring. We had a whole bunch of big games recently (Sleepover, Monster Island, SLJ2, Left4Scum) and I can't think of a game since Simpsons Mafia that had less than 12 players. I think people need to start hosting smaller games now. I don't see why there aren't more 7 - 11 player games.

@Today

Never give up!

Small is actually considered up to 12. It sounded like a good idea when Tom and I talked about it, but it seems a bit big now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't know. Tom didn't put me on the list. >___<; Like I said, I haven't done many Smashboard mafia games at all. LoDscrew is my first one on SB. So I'm going to assume that's the reason why: "Lack of Smashboards experience?" Mebee next time I suppose. TT__TTv
not my job meow you have to talk to marshy xd

Small is actually considered up to 12. It sounded like a good idea when Tom and I talked about it, but it seems a bit big now.
i still think its a good number. people run 13 player or 15 or 18 in large. people just seem to like to run 12 man games. they could run 9 or 7 or whatever if they wanted. i dont think we should force people into the large queue if they want to run their 12 man game...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Large:
(26) Macman
(27) Marshy
(28) Kirby King
(29) Tom
(20) Omni

is it cus we dont like omni?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
omni /ined to host before pierre did...oops. placed before me/mac on large list

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
You shouldn't rush it, I think more players are realizing they don't want to be in as many games as they previously had been signing up for, so things are slowing down. :p
You're right, and I won't split the hydras.

Does §iivi want to play? I admire rhyming couplets.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Newbie Mafia 4 is now seeking 5 brand new players and 4 well behaved veterans to play a very normal game of introductory Mafia. If you know a newbie who would like to play, or you are a newbie who would like to play, please post in either this or that thread. If you would like to vet, let me know.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
no matter what anyone says, I definitely don't want to play any more mafia games

also if no one has looked at KiKi's set-up I will help :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
dont do it kiki he will add lynchers and **** dont do it

no im just playin

Ronike

Smash Ace
Kiki, I'd be willing to help I guess, but I warn you we seem to have very different ideas when it comes to making mafia games. But I am trying to cut back a bit, and looking at games forces me to do so.

Anyways, Tom, when you get a chance, we should talk and finish up DBZ.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I help wherever I can. If I can help with the setup, I'll help. If I can help vetting a game, I'll help. If I can help finding newbies, I'll help.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty unbiased in making setups, as long as I have a central idea to put it around.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah... if it surprises you, handorin has a great grasp of balance when it comes to factions and powers because of all his time rapidly going through setups at EM.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
if possible i'd like to back up once space so i can finalize my mafia game

the theme is going to be Full Metal Alchemist and anyone not involved will bleed jealousy

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Re: Hosting a Mafia Game

1. open the DG Archive and look at some of the setups in there. mostly, we have had pretty balanced setups in the past.

2. this topic from mafiascum can be extremely helpful, if only for Xylthixlm's posts. he is an extremely experienced mafia game designer and runs the automatic mafia irc. i wish i had this thread when i first started. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12906

3. find a co-moderator who would be willing to listen to your unique ideas and help you balance the game. i would recommend Xiivi or Marshy, or both. stress to them that while you want their help balancing the game, you have a lot of unique ideas that you want to find a way to include.

all three of these steps are equally important and you should be sure to do all three :]

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
1. open the DG Archive and look at some of the setups in there. mostly, we have had pretty balanced setups in the past.

2. this topic from mafiascum can be extremely helpful, if only for Xylthixlm's posts. he is an extremely experienced mafia game designer and runs the automatic mafia irc. i wish i had this thread when i first started. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12906

3. find a co-moderator who would be willing to listen to your unique ideas and help you balance the game. i would recommend Xiivi or Marshy, or both. stress to them that while you want their help balancing the game, you have a lot of unique ideas that you want to find a way to include.

all three of these steps are equally important and you should be sure to do all three :]
I promise I have gotten better with set-up stuff and get better with each person I help and get ideas from! I do not like playing! I will gladly look at set-ups! :)

M.K

Level 55
Um.....hey everyone! :D
I'm going to sign up to host a game. I'm undecided on the size, but probably 8-12 people! I understand that it might take a while to get to me on the list, which is perfect so that I can find someone to review my set up O.O'
My game will be based off of Pikmin

Handorin

Smash Hero
Um.....hey everyone! :D
I'm going to sign up to host a game. I'm undecided on the size, but probably 8-12 people! I understand that it might take a while to get to me on the list, which is perfect so that I can find someone to review my set up O.O'
My game will be based off of Pikmin
I love Pikmin, but I don't think I'll be playing. I'd love to help refine it if you want someone to look at it though.

Top Bottom