• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Seems logical. It's weird, IRL everyone wants to play and no one wants to moderate.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
recently added to op:
effective immediately for all games past slot #37: you must play 2 games to completion before being eligible to host a game. playing a game to completion means either surviving until endgame or being removed from the game via. in game mechanics and not being replaced, modkilled, or the game ending prematurely. if you feel you should be exempt from this rule then privately speak with xiivi/marshy for approval.
and quoting in case people forget:
Effectively immediately for all games past slot #33: You are not added into the queue until you submit a completed game to either Marshy or Xiivi. This is to ensure you have a game ready to go when your turn comes around. You are committed to run the game submitted. You are not however, unable to change the game you are hosting. If you do so you must resubmit the game & you will keep your slot in the queue. Whatever the most recent approved submission is will be the game you host. You are able to lose your "slot" if you are in the pending column, which is where you will be until you submit your complete "good-to-go" game.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I actually kind of like the restriction being enforced. This could result in shorter waits to mod a game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Marshy, are you gonna ask everyone in the current list from before that rule was introduced to message you their game, it might cut down waiting time?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
nah it isnt retroactive. but i do offer to review the mods setup/get someone to review it and give them a short deadline to respond when notifying them that its their turn to keep the queue moving

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Basically the reason is, IRL you can only be involved in one game at a time, modding you can play games too and it's not as much of a time commitment.
This seems backwards though. I'm running my game on another forum, and it's destroying my free time. Today I spent 3000 words typing role PMs, spent an hour last week writing the rules, and stayed up two nights editing and uploading role card sheets. I've been checking for confirmation PMs all day and will spend the next 25 days chained to this thing.

It'll be great, but it's a sharp contrast with moderating IRL mafia which takes nothing but a decent voice and an hour of your time.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I'm terribly sorry, but unless the signups speed up I think I'm going to have to forfeit my game. I just won't have enough time to finish it unless I make the deadlines much shorter, and that would probably make the game suck.

So if anyone is interested in the Starfox mafia please sign up soon.

Thank you and I apologize again for this, I just didn't imagine sign ups would take this long.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Your mistake was in choosing such a large game. 16-17 players is usually the limit here. If you reduced the setup size, you'd probably get more players.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Your mistake was in choosing such a large game. 16-17 players is usually the limit here. If you reduced the setup size, you'd probably get more players.
That hardly makes a diference.

If I had 16 players right now I cut off some roles and start it right away. But I got what, 5 people signed up? that's not even a third of the minimum I would need to make this work.

And it being a 16 player or 21 player game has nothing to do with the ammount of people that would like to sign up and play.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah. In fact, my reason for not joining is that due to the giant number of players, I have no idea when it would start, and too many players can strain my scumhunting skills.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think there's more to it than that. Chaco's eight-man mafia game started signups, what, a week and a half ago?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mhm, there's just a lot of games going on right now and people want a good balance.

D

Deleted member

Mhm, there's just a lot of games going on right now and people want a good balance.
Right now, I'm in eight games (Two in here, six on Mafiascum). I think it's taking a hit on my performance in Mafia. Need to get it down a little to where I'm more comfortable at.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
FYI: We have 6 games currently running, 2 of which have ~20 players in them. That means a lot of the people in dGames are tied down to games already. So until a few of them start ending and free up more players, the queue/sign-ups will end up being slow. No need to freak out or anything; no surprise.

Although it does go to show you that when you make your game huge, you just make everyone else's wait longer if they're behind you in the queue. :p

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I woudn't say 20 players is a HUGE game...

However like I said. I could probably do with 16.

Let me be clear on one thing though, I'm not blaming anyone for this. I just thought signups would go faster than they have so far and that I'd be able to run my game before I went away for a year with minimum Net connection.

I don't want to keep players with more time to host waiting in line while I make up my mind. So I'm sorry for the players who have already signed up to my game but I will be postponing it till further notice.

I apologize again to everyone for the inconvenience and for my ignorance.

If I manage to host it someplace else I would gladly link the players who'd like to play.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Understood ElPadrino. Sadly on this site, 20 is huge for the playerbase dGames has. And don't call yourself ignorant for not knowing that, you're just not familiar with dGames :p

Regardless, I'll place you at #1 on the queue since you've been through it and we'll just keep skipping you until you un-postpone it. :p

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot Xiivi. Honestly.

I like that plan.
Also that being the case I'll try to make it a 15 player game. I'll let you or another forum moderator when I'm ready to host it.

Again thank you for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
holy **** ToS.

pre-emptive in for that

BUT I'm on limited access for an undertermined duration so if that doesn't change by the time the game starts I'll have to out. :(

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Lalala, /in DGames Mafia, let's rock this.

Btw, if someone wants to hydra for that game, I'm open to it.

Top Bottom