• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Info from Whobby

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
All info from http://brawlcentral.com: (Or, more directly: http://brawlcentral.com/whobby_updates.php)

Confirmed: The Brawl game available is a demo, however, it is a new one.
Pokemon Trainer and King Dedede Playable! They appear as "Dedede" and "P. Trainer"
Dedede is a heavy, slow, powerful character. He has 4 mid-air jumps (5 total jumps).
Dedede's starting appearance is the Waddle Dee Shrine seen on the Dojo.
His Waddle Dee throwing attack is weak. His Up Special has good knockback.
King Dedede has a pink costume.
King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice)
People are under the impression that Meta Knight is very good and Dedede is not. (This is only first impressions that are hours old, keep in mind)

More to come as infro is updated!

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
His Waddle Dee throwing attack is weak. His Up Special has good knockback.
Well yeah. It is Waddle Dee, after all. Probably no better than Peach and her Turnips.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Well, the event's over, so maybe some Dedede vids will be released soon. And I'm very upset about their initial impressions... then again, MEta is still recognised as a God, even without a good kill move. -_-

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Well, Metaknight was considered to be really easy to pick up at E for All. I imagine a heavyweight like Dedede is much less so. That doesn't mean he's not good, just that his merits aren't as immediately apparent as a quick character like Metaknight.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I don't give a flip about Waddle Dees, I want to hear about his Inhale move! Tell me the projectile is further and stronger than Kirby's.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thank the <insert diety of your choosing>!

. . . I've never heard the Japanese version though . . .
What if he needs to talk during some time in the game? When they bring it to North America, they might give De3 his 4Kids voice.

I mean, Sonic's voice is 4Kids, so why not Dedede?

Although I really hope i'm wrong.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Well, the event's over, so maybe some Dedede vids will be released soon. And I'm very upset about their initial impressions... then again, MEta is still recognised as a God, even without a good kill move. -_-
Why are you upset? The impressions are nothing we already guessed/knew.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
What if he needs to talk during some time in the game? When they bring it to North America, they might give De3 his 4Kids voice.

If Dedede has his 4kids voice in the English version, Im going to play the game with it set to Japanese when playing as Dedede, like in options in Melee. That's how much I hate his english voice. :urg:

Yeah they really have not said much of anything... besides people thinking he's bad firsthand impression... but who knows.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
"Dedede Impressions: Attacks are fast, but hammer is sluggish. As stated before, his Up SPecial has good knockback, but is completely vertical, like Ike's."

I also saw this ^

I'm so glad Dedede has fast attacks! I think I will main him now. That was my biggest worry

<3 Dedede

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Might want to add

Dedede's Suction is beastly because of it's force and strength.

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
Man hearing that Dedede gets his Japanese anime voice is indeed a blessing if all Dedede does is grunts and no VO, but man I so hope we don't get that horrendous 4Kids Dedede.

On a side note i have noted in majority of the anime I watch, the Japanese do very well in choosing their voice actors where the US usually fails.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I.T.P. posted

"DeDeDe

no more arguments on his name, game says De De De. and not DeeDeeDee like people call him.

he's a slow power type, like koopa and charizard. he's weaker than Ike, and slower than Ike, though his attacks are faster.

He has one of the best Up Bs i've seen, he jumps very high and it's very mobile.

His Forward B is very Fast and strong, very spammable, and the waddles do their job.

his down B sucks, avoid it, too slow and predictable.

his neutral B sucking is lame, very little damage, and only spits you out.

his smash attacks are very strong, but slow. in both starting and ending lag."

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
"his neutral B sucking is lame, very little damage, and only spits you out"

Well duh, it sure isn't meant to deal much damage. It is used to either guard an edge, or throw enemies back into danger (pokeballs, teammates FS) or to hinder them on getting an item.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Oooh! He has his Japanese voice! That makes him even cooler!

...I hope they don't ruin it with Southern Dedede. Not that I don't like it, but he's a fat penguin king. That doesn't scream 'Southern' to me.

And has it been confirmed how slow or fast he is?

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Oooh! He has his Japanese voice! That makes him even cooler!

...I hope they don't ruin it with Southern Dedede. Not that I don't like it, but he's a fat penguin king. That doesn't scream 'Southern' to me.

And has it been confirmed how slow or fast he is?
He has his japanese anime voice in the japan version.
So pray that he doesn't have his american anime voice in the american version :ohwell:

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
He has his japanese anime voice in the japan version.
So pray that he doesn't have his american anime voice in the american version :ohwell:
If they do, there might be some matches where I switch to Japanese...

I hope they don't ruin PT's voice either. I mean, of course they'll change it, but hopefully not make it SUCK.

And I wish the same for Dedede. DEFINITALLY for him.

Banned via Administration
yes actually i was wondering if you can chaingrab that woudl be AMAZING if you could

Allin

Smash Journeyman

Actually Sakurai fired the 4kids VA for sonic and got the Sonic Adventure 2 Voice Actor for the game.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
DeDeDe won't have his 4kids voice actor.

Meta Knight doesn't have his "Antonio Banderas" voice in Brawl because it didn't fit his character at all.

I'm sure the same will be done for DeDeDe.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice

Sonic's voice is not 4Kids. It's the same voice from the Adventure games that came BEFORE the anime.

And Meta Knight won't use his 4Kids voice, I don't see Dedede using it.

DIT: Beaten too it, should've read te whole thread.-_-

CO18

Smash Hero
If 3d has his freakin 4kids voice. I seriously might play brawl with my volume completely off.

Top Bottom