• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs. Kirby matchup

Buuman

Smash Ace
I disagree. Firstly, kirby cannot be chaingrabbed. Secondly kirby can combo d3 up the *** due to his size using the fthrow up air uptilt combo etc. Kirby can also gimp dededes recovery with multiple downairs, not so much with the back air considering d3 has more range. Although dedede is stronger than kirby, i would say this match is 60:40 in kirbys favor

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Definitely more in Kirbys favor.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Even with the dash grab release? I'd say it's around 55 - 45 in kirby's favor, but honestly I don't have loads of Kirby experience.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Yep. As most DDD's have said, it is more for Kirby with his combo ability, no chaingrab against Kirby, and fast kill moves. A smart Kirby definitely has a slight advantage.

55-45/60-40 Kirby's favor.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I usually lose this match up, its sooo hard to bair kirbeh ~_~ tilts always get shield grabbed..and his air game is too good

Its ****ing hard to land a kill move off on him too for some reason, at least to me. I have an easier time vs. meta than kirby...this is 65/35 IMO

CO18

Smash Hero
IMO its 55:45 For DDD.

Maybe neutral, at most 55/45 for kirby.

All you really need to do is just space kirby. Ftilt him, if he starts spamming bair, then you start spamming bair or shield drop it to ftilt because if the kirby spaces his bair right you wont be able to shield grab it most of the time.

And once he tries to get in just grab him and keep him away. Its really not that hard, I actually find it harder for kirby to return to the stage vs ddd then vice versa.

Kirby dies way before DDD, fsmash can kill DDD pretty low%'s but you know it's coming and it's easy to predict/punish.

Either way, it's pretty neutral

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Thanks for your input guys. If you post your input on the Kirby matchup thread, like CO18, we can get an actual discussion going with both sides. The Kirbies are actually closer to CO18's opinion o the match, thinking it's closer to neutral.

-MK26

Buuman

Smash Ace
Thanks for your input guys. If you post your input on the Kirby matchup thread, like CO18, we can get an actual discussion going with both sides. The Kirbies are actually closer to CO18's opinion o the match, thinking it's closer to neutral.

-MK26
the signature at the end isnt necessary? lol

Cyclopean

Smash Cadet
Not completely sure but I believe that if you dash grab on certain characters, they are forced into a jump release and D3 you can follow up with whatever move is appropriate.

I don't remember the entire list but I do know that this can be done on Kirby, G&W, Mario, Pikachu, and the Mother Boys. Maybe Wario too.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Well...you can't really do much out of a jump release against a Kirby...he regains control just after he starts falling again, and he travels too far away for you to do anything but chuck a Waddle Dee at him for pressure.

If you would like to contribute to the discussion, please do so here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201742

Hopefully we only need 2 or 3 days more to complete the data and come to an agreement on the matchup rating...I've seen everything for 55-45 for D3 to 65-35 for Kirby.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I think kirby has a GREAT advantage over d3. Kirby can grab combo him very easily and i think kirby can't be chain grabbed. Kirby is also a very small, floaty, target.

The Pink Mist

Smash Rookie
I may seem a bit biased haha. But im gonna say 70-30 in kirbys favor. there is way to many ways for kirby to beat him. The speed is a cleear advantage. His mallet in close combat is far faster than D3's so therefor making close combat an advaantage. Then theres plenty of other ways for him to simply avoid D3 in CC.

thats just me seems like an easy match

Top Bottom