• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede vs SUPER campy Olimars.

Drecker

Smash Ace
Can't grab, his beats mine.

Can't arial safely, lolusmash or just get ticked up with Pikmin.

I'm talking one that sits in the middle of the screen and camps the **** out of you, never goes offensive. One of our matches went to time.

Ideas?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're covering DDD in the Olimar matchup thread.

And about the campy Olimar. I really don't know what DDD can do about it. If he does it well enough, you shouldn't touch him very often.

Oblivinati

Smash Rookie
Uptilt does wonders against the pikmin throw, against an overly campy Olimar I tend to find myself acting outlandishly offensive. Doing things such as coming in with a wall of pain against nothing, this can keep you safe from the projectile nonsense and tends to make little Olimar quite uncomfortable.

As far as a surefire way? No such thing, the matchup looks how it does for a reason :[

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
throw waddles and hope for a ton of Gordos, Or while hes distracted by Waddles, go WoP him. Either that or second Marth and just annihilate him.

Drecker

Smash Ace
I do get tons of Gordo's. Seriously, I average at least four a match.

I've just started to approach with Ftilt, it seems to work decently.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Im right there with you...

Campy olimar is a big problem for me...

I use GaW for this matchup

GaW's Dtilt / Jab / Bair ftw

leonin

Smash Cadet
I did something that worked against olimar,Ran towards him and used a lot of rolls to make him miss grabs or at least be confused about your position,so i could aproach and hit him.

Of course olimar will probably predict this tactics,so i started using short hop + air dodge to do the aproach mixing it up with rolls and dodges,so it was hard to olimar land a grab or throw pikmins,when i succesfully grabbed him,i just used Fthrow or Bthrow to edgeguard or used Uthrow to Uair or another aerials depending of the situation.

Campy olimar sure is hard,but i've learned to come across it already. (^^)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Counterpick Rainbow Cruise?
Uhh Keep a Waddle in front of you and hold your AAA combo out so he can't hit u with pikmin lool.
I don't have much experiance with this matchup sorry.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Up tilt works wonders in this match to get pikmin off. Watch the Olimar closely to recognize his camping patterns and then approach with caution. Spot dodging rolling and jumping when needed. Get a grab in whenever you can. Try techchasing him with the downthrow or if you're not a fan of tech chasing
A) throw oli off the side closest to you
B) B throw and pummel as many times as you can, at the very least it will do 20%

f tilt is good every now and then...but if u miss he can punish u pretty bad. D tilt is your friend in this matchup. And one of my favorite approaches is a dair. Its hard to punish, has alot of priority, will eat his shield, and punish his spot dodges, and eat through his pikmin.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just unplug his controller and punch him in the face.

Obviously.

Drecker

Smash Ace
I've pulled a MikeHaze and just yelled really loud. He dropped his controller and ate a fully charged fsmash.

Mindgames'd.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've pulled a MikeHaze and just yelled really loud. He dropped his controller and ate a fully charged fsmash.

Mindgames'd.
LMAO, did you really? holy ****, that is ****ing awesome

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
vs. a grabby olimar, SH + neutral B = yes!
unless they dodge roll, it's good.

just feign shaking off pikmin and this usually invites the olimar to charge in for a grab

Mith_

Smash Champion
spam spot dodge ddd's is really good lol.
i dont think spot dodge can get past pikmin thro though.

Top Bottom