• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Defense of the Ancients [DotA], A Warcraft III UMS

Miharu

Smash Hero
is icefrog makein kardel good yet? hes fun for pubstomps...but thats it.
i hear hes chageing fuzzy wuzzy too, do we know specifics yet? all i know is that overpower iss 400% at all levels but the amount of hits changes i think.
lol

sniper will still suck for the forseeable future

going to be scrimming for the majority later today, maybe playing some pick up games, drop by if u want

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i woulda, but i was at an Amon Amarth concert last night :/
and one day...maybe not 6.6 or 6.61, but one day i, nay all sniper players will be able to hold their heads up high and hold their own in some serious dota...one day...right?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
hey! we will get a decent sniper eventually, i just know it...one day. frog will finally realize it and totally overhaul kardel...and untill that day, i will wait not so paitiently

Miharu

Smash Hero
play with your friends that can teach you how to play

basically you want to get to the point where you know what every hero/item does so you're not completely clueless when you see a hero like lina walk up to you or whatever

but at any level there will always be people saying "gtfo noob" or other similar statememnts

Miharu

Smash Hero
most online communities are just as bad

dota's pretty up there in terms of lack of skill/manners though

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
most online communities are just as bad

dota's pretty up there in terms of lack of skill/manners though
**** yea it is, its annoying sometimes...some veno and i were poking fun at this really bad potm and than like 2 mins later we were both ck'd. but than my clanmates spammed the hell outta him :)

bballin

Smash Rookie
Yo I'm a pretty experienced DotA player. Whisper me on Battlenet if you wanna play a game. The name is bballin.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
normally id be hella whispering everyone up in this thread, but ive been so busy with school lately.
SO be sure to be getting some random *** whispers in a couple of days =F

bballin

Smash Rookie
I know most of the recommended builds, know how to last hit/deny. Always carry a TP scroll, know when to use armlet, know how to bottle *****. Im really bad at microing though. I fail pretty hard if I try Chen or Meepo, and I never get necromicon :p. I'm best with Skeleking, Zeus, Puck and Dragon Knight.

I'm definetely not good enough for higher level play, but I know alot about the game. I get by pretty well on Battlenet.

bballin

Smash Rookie
New hero for sure. The Tauren Cheftian. And hopefully a bunch of remakes for boring heros like Razor <_<. I really think Death Prophet should be rebalanced along with couple of other heros, so hopefully that will be implemented.
I'm pretty sure that at least one hero is going to be remade though.

Miharu

Smash Hero
batrider/tauren chieftan

razor/viper are getting remade

dp is fine as she is; easy ganking target early, and heroes like naix/slardar and burst damage still tear through her like paper

she's a strong hero for sure, but not nerf worthy

however UD is a different story

bballin

Smash Rookie
I didn't know Viper was going to be remade. I hope the changes aren't too drastic because he's very fun for me. His concept is still pretty unique being a kick-*** laner and ganker. Razor was mad boring and was an awful hero anyways in general. I'm glad he's being remade.

Krob's is pretty imbalanced in the current game because she has so much AoE and a spammable silence. Plus her ult does so much dps midgame where it matters most. I hate playing against her in general, and I'm getting bored with using her. I really do think she needs a nerf, at least for her silence AoE or CD. Undying also needs a nerf, but I don't think as badly as DP does.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Krob's is pretty imbalanced in the current game because she has so much AoE and a spammable silence. Plus her ult does so much dps midgame where it matters most. I hate playing against her in general, and I'm getting bored with using her. I really do think she needs a nerf, at least for her silence AoE or CD. Undying also needs a nerf, but I don't think as badly as DP does.
so much aoe? guess you're referring to 5 second cd on carrion, but aside from that, the aoe isn't terribly impressive; ghosts focus 1 target for the most part

most people don't realize that when krob activates ult, you do one of two things: kill her quickly to nullify most of her ult, or you run/back off until its over, then you go in

don't think you realize how easy it can be to shut krob down early; below average MS before witchcraft, subpar armor and relatively low HP makes for an easy ganking target (much like SF was back in the .48b era)

the point is, if ghosts are down, krob doesn't do much; silence isn't as potent as you make it out to be

tombstone is ********; you can soul rip it, glyph affects it, and flesh golem/decay make UD a simple hero to play during teamfights. not to mention hes insanely hard to kill early (1pt in both decay/soulrip while maxing tomb first makes him a monster at 6/7). can't say the same for DP; easy to gank early, and if you don't let it build up bloodstone parts or other forms of hp (even w/ bracers its still easy to kill compared to something like naix), it'll be an easy target all game.

a well-played NA/sandking/enigma/necro/undying/puck/naix/cm are all bigger headaches than a dp

just because you're getting bored with a hero or hate playing against it doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed

Miharu

Smash Hero
batrider will definitely get nerfed after the initial version (his ultimate is really dumb)

overpower got slightly reworked from what i heard

viper's frenzy got replaced

razor's frenzy got replced, and unholy aura/storm seeker "switched places" much like grave/weave did on dazzle

SS is now a normal skill

unholy aura is now his ult

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
anyone familiar with -SC?
well, i was playing one today "for teh lolz" and a hydra spawned top so i start to push with him when we encounter the other hydra...
well, after we kill it and i was ready to push with my hydra, he decideed to take a walk thru the jungle and go fight the creep in mid.
then, after he deccimated the beastmaster mid he proceded to go down the river, thru the woods and to take bottom's tower.
ive never seen a sc leave its lane, anyone got input?

edit: also, someone wanna link me or tell me a good human strat for warcarft, 2v2 preferably.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
theres a channel...hmmm lol
i didnt know this crap, didnt really care till a few friends of mine joined in and told me to.

i heard a rumor about another spider nerf, any truth to this yet?

Miharu

Smash Hero
?

i'm just giving my view on those specific heroes...

sniper is a pub trash hero that isn't going to be seen in competitive play period unless he either gets completely reworked or is picked by a team as a joke pick

spider is a ***** of a hero (especially in casual pick ups, not as much in league/cm, but still a ***** nevertheless). here's the reasoning behind that statement

1) invis with something around a 1 second fade time
2) free increased regen (either a free ror or roh don't remember)
3) web gives +20% MS (spider has a base of 315, so it puts you at 378 without any boots)
4) spiderlings push like no other
5) opposing team needs substantial aoe to deal with #4

web is a free escape mech as well (kills pretty large area of trees + ms boost)

orb gives a ******** slow, AND makes the target miss

has dumb str growth (+2.5 per level lol)

farms very easily in both jungle and lane

don't know why you're taking my views on specific heroes and turning them into insults directed towards yourself

Heroes that currently see action in competitive play:

Regularly picked/banned

zeus cm es enigma tinker chen potm puck pirate storm wr panda rhasta dk lesh lion dp spider na naix tide bane necro sandking axe warlock undying

Uncommon picks

enchant morph jug lina kotl tiny cw centaur omni veno visage doom qop skelking pugna pudge sf loa wd invoker

rest are either heroes with no potential (sniper/troll/etc) or simply untapped heroes that have been overlooked for the time being (sp/ds/etc)

last statement biased ofc, but yea, not my fault you play/like pub heroes that pretty much have no chance of ever being viable in league play as they currently are

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
?

i'm just giving my view on those specific heroes...

sniper is a pub trash hero that isn't going to be seen in competitive play period unless he either gets completely reworked or is picked by a team as a joke pick

spider is a ***** of a hero (especially in casual pick ups, not as much in league/cm, but still a ***** nevertheless). here's the reasoning behind that statement

1) invis with something around a 1 second fade time
2) free increased regen (either a free ror or roh don't remember)
3) web gives +20% MS (spider has a base of 315, so it puts you at 378 without any boots)
4) spiderlings push like no other
5) opposing team needs substantial aoe to deal with #4

web is a free escape mech as well (kills pretty large area of trees + ms boost)

orb gives a ******** slow, AND makes the target miss

has dumb str growth (+2.5 per level lol)

farms very easily in both jungle and lane

don't know why you're taking my views on specific heroes and turning them into insults directed towards yourself

Heroes that currently see action in competitive play:

Regularly picked/banned

zeus cm es enigma tinker chen potm puck pirate storm wr panda rhasta dk lesh lion dp spider na naix tide bane necro sandking axe warlock undying

Uncommon picks

enchant morph jug lina kotl tiny cw centaur omni veno visage doom qop skelking pugna pudge sf loa wd invoker

rest are either heroes with no potential (sniper/troll/etc) or simply untapped heroes that have been overlooked for the time being (sp/ds/etc)

last statement biased ofc, but yea, not my fault you play/like pub heroes that pretty much have no chance of ever being viable in league play as they currently are
whoah, relax i was just messing with you, i know sniper is bad.
but forgive for miscounting the "*'s" in your sentence i thought you said spider was a S----y hero when you meant she was a B---h of a hero, my bad.
and does "panda" mean the drunk or the spirit, the drunk right?

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Miharu raging. Panda means Pandaren Brewmaster and Storm means Raijin Thunderkeg most likely. Where's the love for WR?

Top Bottom