• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Defense of the Ancients [DotA], A Warcraft III UMS

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I'll be looking to play once I get home from school (about 2 hours and 30 minutes).
hit me up on USWEST(Lordaeron?) at Che_Lab
or post here
any mode but easy mode.

Miharu

Smash Hero
haven't looked at the changelog in a while, I'll post it here when I find it again

it gives +60% damage to buildings (which is dumb)

Miharu

Smash Hero
hes a good antipusher/antinuker, but doesn't see much time in competitive play

he's the occasional 10th pick here and there

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
can i get a build for pug real quick, right now i just grab a few bracers, BoT and a sheep stick, it usually works well, sometimes ill grab a cyclone stick if we really need it.

EDIT: when i wrote i felt something was missing, i ususaly throw a necrobook in there too.

Fall

Smash Ace
guin works i suppose ive used bstone and dagon on him before and it worked decent but it was pub i hardly see pugna

Miharu

Smash Hero
hes usual relegated to ward***** duty

bracers + phase (rob optional) to mek + whatever (this is kind of an oldschool build tho)

or you can play him as solo or part of stronger lane (sandking + pugna), and you can go bloodstone as your primary item, or book/sheep

mek is always nice since pugna has really high int growth so should always have the mana to mek (the additional armor + stats are a nice bonus as well)

dagon is fine if you can get it early enough and there are heroes in the team that you can pretty much instakill or at least combo to death

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
hmm.....so should i rush dagon, or should i wait till after, say, boots and mek.
i dont wanna **** up my whole early game cuz of one ****ty move.
you play the LOL beta anyone? i thinks its fun, my neigbor is in it

Miharu

Smash Hero
nope i don't care much for league of legends

you can rush dagon if you get it early enough (sub 15 minutes) and there's squishy heroes on the other team that you can combo to death

otherwise just go standard int build

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
really, i thought LOL was great, but i cant play it, the graphic style bugs me...
i think it has eveything dota COULD have...like the easier hotkeys and such...and the casting range of spells is shown for you, **** like that.

Miharu

Smash Hero
eh

casting range is something that you have to learn

i personally dislike the dumbing down of games that's happening throughout video games as a whole simply to appeal to people who are terrible

Miharu

Smash Hero
lol

seeing as how i don't even consider myself to be "good" with half the heroes dunno what you mean by "I'm good with just about every char" :s

feel free to drop by though

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
hey miharu, post something here or pm me if you play on a weekend, i wont join the game, but i like to watch higher level play...ill just jump in an observer slot

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone played with that gnasher kid? I played with him and he just couldn't stop feeding. And he buys like the most ******** items, I tell him to get like Diffusal or something and he just comes out with like a Dagon or like 6 Perseverances. How do you handle this guy, does he have down syndrome?

Miharu

Smash Hero
eh

some of the new changes are nice

others look as if they're implemented simply for the sake of change

which is ****ing dumb

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i wont get to play till friday, but im looking forward to it, especially the syllabear changes.
i love the no switch thing...i hated switching since it started

Fall

Smash Ace
yea switch usually ruins games unless its used within the first 10min and im not sure i like all these changes yet but the tauren chief seems too good batrider is meh

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
ill be playing most of today, after 3pm or so.
message me here or pm me to play.
if its a higher level play, leave an observer slot open for me
bnet name: 7thsonofa7thson
other bnet name: olafthestout, i use that one for wc games.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I disagree about the claims made about switch being a bad idea.
The idea isn't bad, its the players.
For instance, lets assume a 5v5 game is going on.
2 people leave from one team.
They were both supports.
The other team also has 2 supports
1 switches over
Problem solved.

Now in that same situation, if you switched say your solo carry, the game would probably turn out differently.

Switch is a great command for people who actually care about the game/higher level of play.

The problem is that most public games are either pubstomps (the sentinel is all friends and won't want to switch over),
Or people use switch unintelligently because they don't care/are uneducated.
JUST MY 2 CENTS
imo would be fun to have this topic a little more lively

Miharu

Smash Hero
I disagree about the claims made about switch being a bad idea.
The idea isn't bad, its the players.
For instance, lets assume a 5v5 game is going on.
2 people leave from one team.
They were both supports.
The other team also has 2 supports
1 switches over
Problem solved.

Now in that same situation, if you switched say your solo carry, the game would probably turn out differently.

Switch is a great command for people who actually care about the game/higher level of play.

The problem is that most public games are either pubstomps (the sentinel is all friends and won't want to switch over),
Or people use switch unintelligently because they don't care/are uneducated.
JUST MY 2 CENTS
imo would be fun to have this topic a little more lively
this doesn't even apply to high level play

switch is a command that is inherently dumb/imbalanced

your example is very specific and doesn't even hold water since you don't consider the following variables

- what level are the supports
- do they have stuns/disables (and how many)
- how farmed are they
- is the support something like cm or warlock?
there are more reasons but these are the most important
also doesn't take into account tower kills and the individual farm of all players

anyways in high level play when multiple people drop you either rm from save or just count the game as drawed etc (people don't leave in high level games and there are rules in place regarding server splits and other situations w/ multiple drops)

but yeah even if it's 1 player dropping you either rm from a non-outdated save, play on, or forfeit (up to the team whose player dropped)

switch is dumb and should never have been implemented (good thing its able to be turned on/off now)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
your example is very specific and doesn't even hold water since you don't consider the following variables

- what level are the supports
- do they have stuns/disables (and how many)
- how farmed are they
- is the support something like cm or warlock?
there are more reasons but these are the most important
also doesn't take into account tower kills and the individual farm of all players
I inteded for the said variables to be assumed, considering as how I mentioned the command could be a positive addition if used intelligently.
Furthermore, I am aware of the precautions high level of play uses to maintain game equality upon leaving, I am simply stating switching given the proper circumstances can be a viable option.

Anyways I haven't been able to access the internet much lately so I haven't able to find something(s) out yet.
I am glad that the switch command is able to be toggled on/off, but is it accessible at any time during the game, or just the beginning?

Also has anyone seen this or any others of the series? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_9rpWxGNc&feature=channel_page

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
yea he is, but i probaly build them wrong.
first off, i end up jungleing for 10-15 minuets, than i com out with treads oon sylla, boots on bear, and a basher on sylla for when he goes bear form.
after that i usually grab a basher for the bear and if theres time a radi, although i usualy forgo the radi for a talisman

Top Bottom