• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delay could mean revamped Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Just a thought:

The delay to Feb 10th could mean that Sakurai and his team could revamp Fox to be more like how he was in Melee (faster, less floatier). I hope they realize how much they crapped him in brawl. I also hope they will bring back the "Turn around in air, standard special move." Meaning i could jump facing right, and still shoot my blaster to the left.

Peace

Chepe

Smash Lord
You act as though they would think nerfing Fox is a bad thing... No, in the floatier environment of Brawl, Fox being as fast falling as in Melee would be broken. He look to be more balanced relative to other characters...

Animal control

Smash Ace
yea i hope they change up fox delay in his shine and other things, but you got to remember this isn't ssbm, Sakurai and his team are give ssbb a new look of playing the game

Just a thought:

The delay to Feb 10th could mean that Sakurai and his team could revamp Fox to be more like how he was in Melee (faster, less floatier). I hope they realize how much they crapped him in brawl. I also hope they will bring back the "Turn around in air, standard special move." Meaning i could jump facing right, and still shoot my blaster to the left.

Peace
The whole point of changing Fox in the first place was because he was too good in Melee. It would be redundant and wasteful to just change him back, and a very bad idea considering he would be too good to begin with. And why do you say he sucks now? You’re still reading the exaggerated accounts of how badly he was nerfed. Well he’s still good, it’s just that he’s not as good. That’s what needed to happen in the first place. What you’re doing is advocating character imbalance, which is not what this game needs and one of the few bad things about Melee. Not only that but I’m sure they had their minds set on character physics long before E for All. A lot of people are blowing the ‘demo isn’t the final version’ idea out of proportion. Sorry, you just fail.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Sucky Fox for Brawl! Seriously, I'd hate going up against nothing but Fox on Wi-fi. To avoid said Foxathon, major nerfing is exactly what we need.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Fox is still good, you just got to figure out new ways to use him. Use the ground speed game more and less of the shines. If he's getting a revamp, then everyone needs a major revamp as well. An eye for an eye.

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought:

Peace
The delay's for the whole game not just one char....

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
The whole point of changing Fox in the first place was because he was too good in Melee. It would be redundant and wasteful to just change him back, and a very bad idea considering he would be too good to begin with. And why do you say he sucks now? You’re still reading the exaggerated accounts of how badly he was nerfed. Well he’s still good, it’s just that he’s not as good. That’s what needed to happen in the first place. What you’re doing is advocating character imbalance, which is not what this game needs and one of the few bad things about Melee. Not only that but I’m sure they had their minds set on character physics long before E for All. A lot of people are blowing the ‘demo isn’t the final version’ idea out of proportion. Sorry, you just fail.
i agree entirely.
'nerfing' characters needs to be done if only to make wi-fi connection and battle more balanced and over all less repetitive. certain aspects of each character in melee need to be (and ultimately will i think) tweaked. for instance: link's up-B would spike recovering characters off the edge at any percentage, making it nigh impossible to reach land again if he camped there and waited. that has been fixed. i wonder if certain play-styles will be abolished too, like puff's WOP (though the difficulty mastering this technique i think made using it completely fair.) it isn't so much 'nerfing' as it is balancing each character so that the multi player battles don't become a monotonous continuation of fox fox fox playing fox fox fox beating fox fox fox. each character i think is going to be made so they have to be mastered. not a simple matter of overpowering your opponent with an unbeatable tactic of blasting up percentage from afar and using hit-and-run tactics to completely mangle them, but an actual mastery of each and every character you play. that would and will make pvp so much more...enjoyable. so don't worry about the 'nerfed' fox. chances are, each character will be different, even if it's to the disappointment of melee fans.

iron blade

Smash Ace
the delay of the game is for the whole game, not just one character. if they happen to concentrate on any one character i hope it's ike, fox seems to be a little more balanced now.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Wow, I've had about 10 people pointing out that the delay is not only for Fox. I didn't mean that. I meant Sakurai could also look to improve Fox a little during the delay, he should have SOME improvement, right?

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
The delay is for, new characters and tweaking characters.

Out of those that are getting tweaked, I HOPE that Fox is one of them, making him less floatier would be an ideal fix at this point, because his speed is the same, yet not the fastest (Sonic) and his reflector doesn't seem to be as strong as before... Which is something I'm not too exited about.

Lets not hold our breath, but rather keep out fingers crossed which is easier ;)

Just a thought:

Peace

=/

Brawl Fox=/=Nerfed, Brawl Fox=Different, but still good

Brawl Fox=Fun to play

Brawl=Every character plays differently

I love Brawl Fox more than his Melee counter part. Nuff' said.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Did none of you read Gimpy's impression thread about Fox? He said that Fox is still among the best characters in the demo from what they could tell from their playtime. Plus, I don't belive Fox is really all that "nerfed" as much as he has a NEW PLAYSTYLE so it makes it seem like he's worse when in the grand scheme of all characters he may be the same after a while. When Melee first came out Fox didn't have his Melee playstyle, right? So what makes you think we would know his best playstyle(or anyone's for that matter) yet?

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
This is brawl not melee.
Just because fox moves have been nerfed does not
mean he sucks now. New moves will be invented when the brawl
is out.

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
.[/QUOTE]
Brawl Fox=/=Nerfed, Brawl Fox=Different, but still good

Brawl Fox=Fun to play

Brawl=Every character plays differently