• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delete model parts? Wow this weeks powns.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Can I have one costume with model parts deleted and another costume with the model parts left alone?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is, I was just about to make Sonic Rayman-like, but I'll have to do some additional tweaking so that he wouldn't have any holes in his body. Mainly for his legs.

Bingo. How else would you be able to have two different Warios?
Touche!!! LOL thx for the help guys

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'm partway done with Rayman-ish Sonic. The legs will definitely take me a while to cleanly remove, as will the tail. (I have an idea for the back spines, so those will stay.)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Ah, I forgot to mention. It's the Vertices section you should set to 00. So, for Kirby, it would be "FitKirby00_LFootM_dummy_node__FitKirby00_Foot", which is at offset -157104. Most headers seem to be 32 bytes long, so jump ahead by that much, and then select a block that's the same size as the "TotalLen" - 32. Fill that section with "00", save it and re-import the MDL0.

...Oh, and oddly enough, the Polygon## isn't always the same in the model previewer as it is in the model file. For example, Link's shield may be Polygon17 in the previewer, but it's actually Polygon26 in the data.

I wish I could play Brawl on my computer, because it would make testing out things like this much easier. However, since my computer sucks so badly, the only Wii game that will play at full speed is Bust-a-Move Bash... which is strange, because Bust-a-Move 3000 plays at 1/4 speed, and everything else at < 10 FPS.
I'm trying to delete Luigi's hat. The vertex's offset is -189984. The TotalLen is 2816.
... what do I do now? I tried subtracting 32 from 2816 and searching it in the hex editor, but it didn't find anything. Am I even on the right track?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I'm doing it right now. I've never used a hex editor before, so.... yeah...

EDIT2: Actually, nothing's changed at all. I went to offset 189984 and changed it from E0 to 00. Absolutely no difference whatsoever done to Luigi.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Yay, who knew so many people would like my Ball Kirby idea!
This is a really easy technique once you can get the hang of it. I could even make the guide, but I'll let Vile to do the honours. =]

EDIT: Vile, I have a few more screenshots on my blog if you want to add any, don't hotlink the images though, put links if you'd like.

http://chaoscontroll.xtreemhost.com/?p=261

EDIT2: Yay, now I have Ball Metaknight as well! (Did this one without VILE's help this time =D) http://chaoscontroll.xtreemhost.com/?p=276

MaxThunder

PM Support
in the pic in the... uh... first post in the thread or... the opening thing(forgot what its called all of a sudden...) is that brawl running in ocarina whith codes i see? how is that possible?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I think I know what I did wrong. I was hex editing the .pac, not the MDL0 and importing into the .pac. I'll try again.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Random T Bush, the Sonic boards would make you the president of the world if you made them a haunter texture using what you have. It would basically be sonic without legs or arms and with big purple hands and a haunter like face.

Check out here for more info
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244981
It's not going to work, unfortunately. I tried pinching in the leg vertices, and it made it all crapped up in-game. We'll have to wait until the MDL0 compiler comes out before anything like that is possible. By that time, we'll be able to make a proper Rayman, Haunter, etc.

(Well, I kinda expected as much, considering that I don't know too much about the MDL0 format.)

n64billy

Smash Ace
in the pic in the... uh... first post in the thread or... the opening thing(forgot what its called all of a sudden...) is that brawl running in ocarina whith codes i see? how is that possible?
All you need is the file replacement code (or to insert the .pcs into the ISO) for this too work. It's a separate costume.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
i'm completely confused with the hexing part to remove the model parts.
what i'm tryng to do is completely remove link's sword shield and sacks (lol)

help please?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Since all you are doing is shrinking the parts into nothing, theoretically we can also use this to increase parts?

WOOT! I'm gonna have to post this at the Pichu thread. we can inlarge her head and ears and shrink the tail, to create an more authentic Pichu. I'm happy now!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Since all you are doing is shrinking the parts into nothing, theoretically we can also use this to increase parts?

WOOT! I'm gonna have to post this at the Pichu thread. we can inlarge her head and ears and shrink the tail, to create an more authentic Pichu. I'm happy now!
Couldn't you do that with the partial size mod?

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Ah, I forgot to mention. It's the Vertices section you should set to 00. So, for Kirby, it would be "FitKirby00_LFootM_dummy_node__FitKirby00_Foot", which is at offset -157104. Most headers seem to be 32 bytes long, so jump ahead by that much, and then select a block that's the same size as the "TotalLen" - 32. Fill that section with "00", save it and re-import the MDL0.
Ok, I understood up to when you jump to 157104 in the hex editor. Then what? And what do you mean with block? And the same size? The only things I see are lots of dots and random @ÝÇô, etc...

Sorry, but I'm such a n00b with Hex editors -.-

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's not so much "deleting" polygons as it is "crunching them down into nothingness". And it's done in the model/texture files, not the MotionEtc.

If you want me to, I can get both of those done for you. :)
Both Indigo and I are working on Geno projects, so if you could take like, this, and remove the sword, that'd be amazing.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
RandomTBush, do you know what your talking about?

Its completely deleting polygons, if we shrunk them, they would be connected to the big ones, leaving distortion.

Im not sure what your doing, but im deleting mine.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479

Its completely deleting polygons, if we shrunk them, they would be connected to the big ones, leaving distortion.

HOW?! lol, sorry but I want to know before I go to sleep because here it's now 3:25 am XD

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

O RLY? Maybe that'll actually work... *cough* guide *cough*

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Im doing almost the same thing RandomTBush explained, but they are completely dissapearing, not shrinking.
So what's the difference? Doesn't shrinking something to 0 make it disappear?

On another note, because nothing I do with the hex editor made the slightest difference to the model, I'm requesting a Luigi without a hat and with visible hair. I can see his full head of hair in BrawlBox, so I know it's there, but it's just invisible in-game.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
so by deleting i dont need to hex? (tht hex editor hurts my face)
and what exactly would i delete?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ok, I understood up to when you jump to 157104 in the hex editor. Then what? And what do you mean with block? And the same size? The only things I see are lots of dots and random @ÝÇô, etc...

Sorry, but I'm such a n00b with Hex editors -.-
A "block" is a certain amount of bytes. For example, if the TotalLen is 1940, and it's at offset -185724, then you would go to offset -185724, jump ahead 32 bytes so that you don't overwrite the header, then select (1940 - 32) bytes, which would mean you have to select 1908 bytes and set them all to 00.

Both Indigo and I are working on Geno projects, so if you could take like, this, and remove the sword, that'd be amazing.
Sure thing. Anything else you need removed, like the shield or hookshot?

Well, partially yes and mostly no. I wasn't having any problem removing the vertices if I remove the entire element (Sonic's arms are a separate element, but not his legs, for example). I just thought that putting the vertices at a different offset (the middle of where Sonic's leg would be) for that Rayman Sonic would've made it so that he wouldn't have any holes in his body. (I'll take a picture sometime tomorrow to show you how much it didn't work for me.)

Im doing almost the same thing RandomTBush explained, but they are completely dissapearing, not shrinking.
Um... yeah. What I mentioned only scrunches down all of the vertices into one point, so it shows up completely invisible. If you want something to shrink, then you'll have to do things the hard way and use a 3D modeling program to find the IDs of each and every vertex that you want to shrink and poke around those values until you get the results you want. Take your pick -- you can either spend hours changing each and every value by hex editing right now, or you can wait patiently for the MDL0 exporter to come out, and spend only a few minutes getting the results you want.

So what's the difference? Doesn't shrinking something to 0 make it disappear?

On another note, because nothing I do with the hex editor made the slightest difference to the model, I'm requesting a Luigi without a hat and with visible hair. I can see his full head of hair in BrawlBox, so I know it's there, but it's just invisible in-game.
I'm not entirely sure how to remove Luigi or Mario's hat and have their hair show up as well, but I'll see what I can do.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> So is this process complicated? Because it wouldn't hurt to put out a tut on it...
-DD

Saand1338

Smash Rookie
I'm not entirely sure how to remove Luigi or Mario's hat and have their hair show up as well, but I'll see what I can do.
As far as I know it's possible. I made a luigi .pac that doesn't show the hat at all in BrawlBox but i have no wii avalable at the monet to test it.

Edit: I removed the link to the file. I tested it and it didn't work. :ohwell:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
RandomT! Nice work on these models, and kudos on helping people out with theirs. Could I ask you a favor in the same vein? That is, could you delete Jigglypuff's entire model for me, so that I can make Wisp not be treated as invisible? This would improve Wisp's visibility and physics greatly.

If you don't want to or don't have time (or if deleting the entire character's model is not an option), that's totally understandable, so don't worry.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, i can do it for you.

Ill start now.

Also, do you know anything on articles yet?
Sweet, thank you!

About articles, how do you mean? I have edited articles in SmashBox, such as making Mario shoot tanks and giving Zero a taunt that summons a clone... And I know how to hex edit projectiles to change their hitboxes. So essentially, I can alter their appearance, their damage type/effects, and their behavior depending on what animation data there is for the replacement.

The above is all I know though. I've been meaning to look into Phoenix Mario's fireball to learn how to hex edit trajectories, however.

Top Bottom