• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I noticed a lot of moves are missing from this list and some mistakes were made.

-Olimar can beat the tornado from the top with n-air and he can GRAB IT EXTREMELY EASILY WITH ANY GRAB OPTION and neither of these options were mentioned.

-Pit can beat it with d-air from the top and a charged arrow.

-Samus's z-air does not beat the tornado and n-air is extremely situation. I've yet to see either move work and I play both characters. Did I miss something?

-Snake's n-air will beat the tornado if you hit on a certain angle.

-Sonic's spring is his best option against the tornado.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think anything with a downwards hitbox beats the tornado from the top; it's vulnerable there. It's not very interesting in practice....... I'm just saying; I'm not sure what the criteria is to make it into the OP, and whether or not your suggestions are oversights or whatnot.

Sonic's Spring and Homing Attack are generally considered good anti-tornado options, if you can get above it... yeah.

Ulevo

Smash Master
People do not seem to understand that I am not including any attack that breaks Mach Tornado. It has to be either extremely easy to perform, have an incredible pay off, or both. If I deem one of the follow criteria too lacking for a particular move, I will not add it.

i.e. Warlock Punch can break the Tornado. However the odds of it actually connecting on a Meta Knight, let alone during the Mach Tornado, is extremely impractical. Very high pay off, but ridiculously unreasonable to attempt.

That is obviously an extreme example, but it still applies. I did not add Sonics FSmash in because despite it being able to break the Tornado, it rarely ever worked. Sonics hurt box would lundge too far forward and almost always get caught in the hit box of the Tornado, even assuming perfect spacing, or stutter stepping. And that was just through simple tests. During matches, I found it to be very unreasonable to attempt, even after repeated attempts. So, I didn't add it to the list.

Another problem associated with peoples responses is a lot of their results were taken from the said attack breaking a grounded Tornado, which has very low priority in comparison to a levitating Tornado. In a real match, grounded Tornados are literally non existent.

I may make mistakes, but people really ignore the follow criteria that I have repeatedly mentioned. It is to a point where I just ignore people who post unless a move is said that I may have forgot to test, or if there is a correction to be made (i.e. Ganondorfs UTilt/USmash mistake).

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
couple things for dk

dtilt, and downb both work somewhat consistently if the metaknight comes in low, utilt works if they come in high and from behind (or dk can turn around utilt) it actually makes a decent combination because you can break it low or high

EDIT: dtilt will hit anywhere up to mid range

I've also had grounded upb work once (probably not practical, i think it was a fluke cause it never happened again), and aerial upb work several times. so disregard grounded upb, but aerial upb works very well

Second EDIT: luigi can upb oos through a tornado that's hitting his shield. he might need to powershield, but i have done this somewhat consistently

zaf

Smash Lord
this list is something great for beginners to take a look at so that when they do play mk users they can have some info on mk with various chars.

good thread, more like this are needed!

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
ROB's side-b breaks through the nado. Fsmash is better than side-b about 90% of the time for ROB (only reason I can think of is related to stale moves negation), but I see bowser's fsmash in the list (which isn't quite as bad a comparison with his ftilt), so I figured i'd suggest ROB's side-b.

Hurm, this post is very poorly worded.

Ulevo

Smash Master
ROB's side-b breaks through the nado. Fsmash is better than side-b about 90% of the time for ROB (only reason I can think of is related to stale moves negation), but I see bowser's fsmash in the list (which isn't quite as bad a comparison with his ftilt), so I figured i'd suggest ROB's side-b.

Hurm, this post is very poorly worded.
Yeah it is. :p

I'll look at them later. I'm at work at the moment.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
I'd submit Toon Link's boomerangs -- when being approached sideways, and not holding a bomb, I find throwing a boomerang (usually slightly downwards, by habit) will often stop the attack by clashing with it (boomerang disappears, MK is left in a normal position, not hurt but interrupted). It's not as optimal as a bomb (damage and knockback, obviously), but when you don't have one out it can save you in a pinch (low shields, etc). I've also had a very limited amount of luck with a well-timed zair, but I don't think that's a very practical bit of advice -- wavebouncing, boosting, w/ever they call it these days with a boomerang is the best last minute solution I've found (if shielding absolutely won't work).

Just my $0.02

--UnderWing

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This really didn't need to be bumped, but while it is...

Ganondorf's DownB is Wizard Kick, not Warlock Kick.

10minornitpicks.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yeah.... it would appear that Ulevo has finally snapped, and is deleting all the useful content he's contributed to these boards. :(

Ulevo, what happened?? I've learned a heckuva lot of stuff from all your threads.

:054:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I cannot believe the amount of incredibly useful information you've deleted in your threads Ulevo, paticularly the momentum cancelling thread

Why the sudden termination of all the useful data you'd put together? I seriously hope that you are alright and that nothing bad has happened to you. I also hope that you'll reconsider the deletion of the information and put it all back in as I certainly learned a lot from them

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
It's not lost forever. He edited the post. Moderators can see all edits, ask for a mod to do something.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Quick! Go to google cache! Save the data while the all-knowing lord of the internet still has it! (I, for one, welcome our new google overlords!)

I doubt moderators are going to step in and unedit his threads, that would be abuse of power maybe. Dunno.

Regardless, an older iteration of this thread, I think, can be found at http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...o+metaknight+tornado&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us . If I've recognized the thread right and if links to google cache are permanent.

I've also copied all of that information and saved it, I have no idea how long google cache stays around or whether Ulevo can request that google delete it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
what was this thread about before it was deleted?
Now I'm curious

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Thanks for saving this thread...I wonder why he deleted all of the information.

Zylar

Smash Ace
ftl, thank you for doing that.

Ulevo in another of his threads he deleted said:
Or you can just stop being an idiot and attempt to dodge the grab.

Your horrible example is horrible for a reason.

I'm deleting the contents of this thread. I'm tired of it getting bumped by morons and serving no actual constructive purpose for these boards.
I think this is the reason to him deleting the info.

Sad reason, imo. I don't like it when people do useless stuff, so I'll take back all the useful stuff I did. Yeah, that'll teach 'em.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Lolwut? Whatcha thanking me for, thank Ulevo for making the list in the first place (even if he now regrets it) or google for being obsessive about organizing information...

Zylar

Smash Ace
Because I didn't know about the google cache or whatever it is.

I'm not saying I'm ungreateful oh his work, just that right now I'm thankful that you found a way for me, someone who wouldn't have ever seen it again, to see it again.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Can someone provide more context for why he deleted it? Why did he get pissed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom