• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delphiki's Ice Climbers - Vids

Delphiki

Smash Champion

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
you dont have to throw up everytime with fox. its good if you follow his DI for a combo but...

it actually is possible to chaingrab a fox from 0 damage with a down throw!!!!

you just have to be very quick about pressing Z. jump cancelling them helps a lot also

idk. from my experience it seems that nobody ever considers this option because of how fast he falls

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pretty nice delph, you've gotten a little bit better. if you want constructive criticism, i have a few nitpicks:

- tone it down on the pointless desynchs. i'm seeing a lot of dodge desynchs to blocks or blizzards... it looks like they're done simply for the sake of desynching. almost every time, there was a better choice
- technical perfection is key! but only with what's necessary. never mess up a grab combo or a tech chase. ever! you should know by know which way tomi-x is gonna tech.
- dair is great on foxes that jump a lot, i recommend that move.
- aggressiveness is good, but blind aggressiveness isn't. know that your attacks are safe before you use them.

not to discredit either of you... but you're beating tomi-x, IMO, due to his flaws in anti-ice climbers. kev$ seems to have the right idea, with campiness, full jump aerial-to-shines, and usmashes.

also: narfanator is so-so ;D. truth be told, undeserving of #20!

keep it up though, your ic is showing promise. it's just a matter of making better decisions where needed.. tournament experience is the best way to learn.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
@PockyD - It's always a bit faster looking when you're just watching. Check out the clock on the top-- as normal as ever.

Phiki, I'd have to say you have some pretty solid IC's. I don't like giving out advice, because I never know how I'd do against that certain opponent.

The only thing I have to say is EW. You use GREEN Popo.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Mathis Tomi DIs out of my DtDairs, so I don't use them against him. Also U-throw sets up for a dash attack, which Tomi doesn't yet know how to DI out of it - and that gives me a D-smash. :)

chok I know what you mean about the desynchs. It's a habit I'm trying to break. I fail to see how the Dair is very useful though...if he's airborne I can Uair or Bair....and if he's on the ground he can CC Upsmash. :confused: Btw I noticed that while Narf has a few tricks, once I got around them he didn't adapt and that's why he lost.

The next two vids Tomi wins them both...I'll have the link up in just a minute. They're both in one vid btw.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
uair and bair have small, quick hitboxes and require a lot of accuracy. you can't expect to be dead-on each time. dair has a very long duration, so full jump dair, essentially, will keep you safe. shffl dairs can set up grabs or taps or tilts if they're not cc'd. be weary of smart ccers or people with fast reflexes who will cc... cc is the bane of your dair. but other than that, it can be a great and damaging move.

you might not think so because of its horrible range... but remember that the move lasts a LONG TIME, and coming down on the opponent, it's your ONLY option to attack. otherwise, you either have to time a fair (also hard to hit with) or do your best to dodge an attack from beneath, as if you were peach with a parasol. people don't expect dair, and they never will. it's fast and long-lasting.. in fact, one of the longest lasting moves in the game. it's as if you have a shield around your body that taps people for a little bit of damage.

dair also beats things like samus' missile, and does plenty of damage. against fox? fox has VERY TIGHT space control, but dair seems to outprioritize most of his approaches (except for running up and up smashing.) it clashes with nair and both get hit, it stops grabs, and prevents drillshines. you might not see why, but imagine fox coming on top of you with a full jump, ready to drill shine. if you see him and full jump dair, you will be tapped by the his dair, and he will be tapped by yours... but you know what's gonna happen next, he didn't expect the move. it's just like knowing what to do after a cc.

but maybe i looked too deeply into it.. never think too technically. just know that the move is viable because of its duration.

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
Nobody ever considers this option because most opponents DI.
i know but i though since its fox and he falls so fast you really can just move a little bit and do it again.

thats what i do atleast and it seems to work at low damages since he falls so fast there really isnt a lot of room to di anyway. oh well my mistake

sorry for double posts

WFL

Smash Journeyman
chudat plays old school megaman music on his myspce.com lol, now u know he's cool :cool:.
I personally like listening to Freebird while watching Delphiki's vids. It's weird how the solo matched up with some up beat parts of the match. Oh well, on to the vids.

I only really watched the first two matches because my eyes were getting messed up from the quality, but in those two matches you played pretty good, some good spots and some bad. As chok already said you used way too many useless desynchs, and you had a couple of moments where you approached tomi in the air with a fair or bair that didn't come out as fast as his bair and you were punished. I'm sorta agreeing with chok on the dair because it cancels out most of fox's aerial's and also comes out much faster than the IC's other aerials.

Some good points are you predicted Tomi-X's moves pretty well and reacted very quickly, and also you used some desynch techniques that I haven't really seen too much (haven't watched an IC's vid in a while) like the trailing blizzard, which I will probably start using, which I guess is like the trailing charged d-smash but more effective in some spots.

Overall, you had a few well played matches and look like you're starting to improve in some aspects of you're game.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
whoaaa

too good ur ICs

just want to say two things, i didn't tested it yet but i think ftilt is good in fox ilusion, and i think u use desynch too much, this take ur ics separate too long, what can turn easy to kill nana

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I've been using f-tilt a lot recently. And you're right, it's really good for edgeguarding sweetspotters. It comes out quick and stays out long, so you're almost sure to hit. And if you angle it downwards it completely covers the sweetspot.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

Top Bottom