• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon III Results - Feb 20th

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lucario rolls around all day and spams aura spheres and fsmash. Then uses dair in the air. I get on the edge. Problem solved.

I will DEFINITELY need help with the match when MK gets banned though.
I beat argent's lucario with 5 different characters in pools now

:D :D :D :D

was today the day midwest mks didnt use there mk. lol i went wario for my tourney as well. good **** az BR quivo kel os...etc etc haha

OS YES I TOLD U FOX IS TO GOOD!!
Haha, Fox sucks. I'm just good at reading people and he's a glass cannon. "He's gonna jump.... FAIR IN THE FACE" was my basic strategy.

I kinda felt bad because I was kinda goofing off. I mean I won one match with ROB, then ended up winning my set vs. King Yoshi with DK on Delfino and then went Fox for the rest of the bracket until Q wrecked him (WHO KNOWS THE FOX MATCHUP HONESTLY?!) and then I went Wolf on pictochat to get a last stock game..... and had tons of fun!

But unfortunately people wanted more "legit" games. :(

You'll get them when we ban MK! I'll play half a dozen characters at least and will do all sorts of crazy stuff!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I beat argent's lucario with 5 different characters in pools now
Where does this 5 come from? I've only ever played you in pools 4 times (I played PT one of those times)... In the past you beat me with Fox and MK and this weekend you beat me with Bowser... And since when does pools matter anyway? You gave me that advice yourself... :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Where does this 5 come from? I've only ever played you in pools 4 times (I played PT one of those times)... In the past you beat me with Fox and MK and this weekend you beat me with Bowser... And since when does pools matter anyway? You gave me that advice yourself... :p
SHUSH! GIVE KEL CONFIDENCE!

and I've beaten you with Fox, MK, ROB, Bowser, and Marth in total of all our pools matches :D

Marth wasn't recent so you can - it if you want :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1. AlphaZealot - Diddy Kong- Congrats on first Chris. Thanks for hosting.
2. Blue Rogue - Wario/Ice Climbers - *sigh*...good set, extremely close. That's three close calls with great players now. I'll try again next time.
3. Quivo - Toon Link - Congrats on third Q.
4. Overswarm - R.O.B./Fox/Donkey Kong - Thanks for the advice against Fox. I honestly had no clue what to do at all besides her subpar chaingrab on him prior to the set. Knowing a little fact like when to attempt a perfect shield and when to avoid the dair altogether is extremely important and potentially game changing. It was indeed a game of rock/paper/scissors lol.
5. Kel - Marth/Snake/MK - I respect that you guys kept your word on not using MK, and I understand why you'd want to use him just once against Lucario. That matchup is extremely gay if you're not sure how to attack/force his openings with your respective character, which is why I used to hate fighting him so much before I figured him out.
5. Beegs - Marth - Beegs makin' that comeback!
7. Mr. E - R.O.B.- Thanks for coming.
7. Lou - Mr. Game & Watch- Good set. It seemed like you had a bit of trouble landing some kills on me though. Ledge rules are dumb, which is why I liked this tournament, because Peach can benefit from the ledge against some characters like Falco/GnW.
9. KB - Peach- *facepalm*...three 9th places in a row. Lack of matchup knowledge, played horribly (in terms of technical consistency compared to other performances) that day, and did not adapt to Blue's new strategy quick enough (good **** on that btw Blue, it gives me something to think about for next time). Simply subpar, get it together.
9. Sil - R.O.B.- Sexy ROB as always.
9. Wakka - Diddy Kong- Didn't get to play in singles. Nice comeback in doubles though.
9. Argent - Lucario- I'll MM you again next time. I don't like to sound like a johner, but my drive was drained by the time I played you.
13. King Yoshi - Pikachu- Keep getting that Pika better Yosh, it's only a matter of time until you surprise **** everyone.
13. Steel Samurai - Marth- Nice Marth.
13. Clowsui - Falco/Marth- Same as Argent. I'll play more douchey next time too.
13. Moose - Sheik- Nice seeing you again too.
---Pool Cut Off---
17. Links24 - Link/Toon Link- Use more Toon Link. Link gets gimped too hard.
17. Mowse - Cool hanging out with you.
17. Sole - Zero Suit Samus- C'mon Sole... >.<
21. Sleep - Thanks for coming.
21. PsychoPenguinX - Pikachu- GGs in pools.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
and I've beaten you with Fox, MK, ROB, Bowser, and Marth in total of all our pools matches :D
Is there some pools match I'm forgetting? The first time we ever played together was pools at the last OUGA... You won both matches you used MK, but I beat your ROB... When did I ever play your Marth? :dizzy:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is there some pools match I'm forgetting? The first time we ever played together was pools at the last OUGA... You won both matches you used MK, but I beat your ROB... When did I ever play your Marth? :dizzy:
Unless there's another Lucario player from NEOH? O_o

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Bboy used to main Lucario before he picked up Diddy, and Alus still mains Lucario... Those are the only other NEOH Lucarios I can think of...

In any case, my first tourney with pools was Nope's monthly back in April...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Bboy used to main Lucario before he picked up Diddy, and Alus still mains Lucario... Those are the only other NEOH Lucarios I can think of...

In any case, my first tourney with pools was Nope's monthly back in April...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll have to use marth on you next time then? o_O

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you aren't taking me seriously and still lose, you must train!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Silly OS and Kel with ur crazy characters, dont be trying that stuff on me lol I might just go Ike!

Good **** AZ,BR and Quivo!

clowsui

Smash Legend
@kB: don't sweat it, i knew you weren't playing your best when you played me. i wasn't at my best either, so we'll settle it next time. we're 1-1...for now :bee:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I've become kinda complacent with my 7ths and 9ths... It seems like I always end up in a position similar to this no matter what game I become competitive with... I could fill up the whole page explaining what I mean, but the short version is I always hit this wall and can never improve past this point... I'm OK with it...for now anyway...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You just gotta stop that mental block. Sit down with someone better than you and say "what am I doing wrong", or play someone and ofucs on note getting hit rather than on winning.

Airborne

Smash Lord
You just gotta stop that mental block. Sit down with someone better than you and say "what am I doing wrong", or play someone and ofucs on note getting hit rather than on winning.
ah, yes, i remember my days staring at that wall..... It was not very enjoyable... It took a lot more effort and time than I expected. Now that that wall is gone, I see freakin' Mt. Olympus before me to climb and conquer.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Lucario rolls around all day and spams aura spheres and fsmash. Then uses dair in the air. I get on the edge. Problem solved.

I will DEFINITELY need help with the match when MK gets banned though.
Looks like your going to be planking for a while, because MK isn't going to be banned. Also if Lucario just rolls around spams AS and Fsmashes all day why can't you think of a way around it?

L
O
L

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because he didn't play a bunch of wifi lucarios like me and say "oh" and then never worry about it again XD

Kel

Smash Master
Looks like your going to be planking for a while, because MK isn't going to be banned. Also if Lucario just rolls around spams AS and Fsmashes all day why can't you think of a way around it?

L
O
L
Actually, my not going to be planking very long IMO. It's not that I CAN'T punish Lucario's stuff, it's that I'll do 140% to him and then miss calling his roll or Fsmash once or twice and die from it.

Also if Lucario just rolls around spams AS and Fsmashes all day why can't you think of a way around it?
I did. I get on the ledge.

exactly! I feel the same way =)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL Lucarios hate my systematic edgeguard on them (turnip to force airdodge and/or low recovery, take the ledge, punish upB lag with insta-ledgefloat bair, rinse and repeat). He's so helpless against it once he's offstage. xD

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Some jokester moderator *cough cough* removed my picture of a certain bad 90's action movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dennis Rodman. Figure it out.

Top Bottom