• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo Impressions for Diddy

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
I played diddy a bit in the demo on Saturday. Here are some notes:

- One banana at a time
- The banana disappears as soon as it makes contact with anyone
- I don't know if it disappears when someone trips over it on the ground
- F tilt, F smash, Fair and Nair all have better range. Dash attack still cancels into almost everything. F tilt can follow up several moves.
- Diddy seems to have a great combo game
- Stronger kill moves (F tilt & F smash)

Diddy's banana's are nerfed beyond repair, but his non-banana game is greatly improved

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I played diddy a bit in the demo on Saturday. Here are some notes:

- One banana at a time
- The banana disappears as soon as it makes contact with anyone
- I don't know if it disappears when someone trips over it on the ground
- F tilt, F smash, Fair and Nair all have better range. Dash attack still cancels into almost everything. F tilt can follow up several moves.
- Diddy seems to have a great combo game
- Stronger kill moves (F tilt & F smash)

Diddy's banana's are nerfed beyond repair, but his non-banana game is greatly improved
So if what I'm reading is correct, he uses his Banana to approach/initiate, and his greater combo-ability allows him to stay dangerous throughout this process. Basically it's harder to catch someone with a banana, but the payoff is much higher? I can be at peace with this, seeing as you no longer NEED bananas to be a threat.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm wondering if there's any reason to even use nanas anymore. They disappear on contact and you can only have one, so it's probably not even worth the frames to pull one out when you can just shoot peanuts instead.

Luigi player

Smash Master
And if the opponent catches it it won't disappear... so you'll be disadvantaged. :/

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to suck, but he seems like a different character than Brawl Diddy with similarities.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
He's going to suck and be boring. The only unique mechanic that distinguished him from other mobile types has been taken away from him.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if there's any reason to even use nanas anymore. They disappear on contact and you can only have one, so it's probably not even worth the frames to pull one out when you can just shoot peanuts instead.
You can still place them on the ground for stage control. And banana to throw still seems viable.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
In Project M bananas barely last long enough to have two XD.

If a banana hits a grounded opponent when thrown do they still slip (including the initial summon.)?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
How is his dsmash? Is it still fast and good at killing?

Throw followups maybe?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
bananas are still an obstacle that your opponent has to play around. they're not useless.

Top Bottom