• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

des colores

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
so how many people use default colors??? which character???

i ask this because i notice how rare it is to see a blue ness, or a black y. link, or even a yellow mario

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
I find this interesting too. Seems like the more "pro" players stick with default, namely Aniki/bombsoldier.

Possibly picking a different color seems like a noob thing to do.

pdk

Smash Lord
i can name one reason not to stick with defaults all the time, it's right down there

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I find this interesting too. Seems like the more "pro" players stick with default, namely Aniki/bombsoldier.

Possibly picking a different color seems like a noob thing to do.
/interpunches.

If picking colors is a noob thing to do then so is getting dressed in the morning.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
If there was a purple Mario costume, I would never play anybody else.

If you even think of mentioning the Wario costume I'll stab you in the jaw.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I use default for Luigi usually, but he's the only one. Everyone else is red, blue or green.

Oh, sorry, forgot I also use default for Mr. G&W.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I never play default colors unless I'm G&W. I'll play blue and orange IC's and black Doc just because Doc looks good in black.

And if picking colors is a noob thing then you just called a lot of pros noob, namely Ken.

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
I' m about 99.999% sure that choosing a different color than the default is not an indicator of an amatuer, so don't even try to shovel that crap as a reason that anyone is better than anyone else.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Most of the time the default colors are the best.
Ironically, most pro Luigis seem to change colors. To pink. Pink-darkpink. FDKNasjfoijf;'pojg';poj

Anyway, I like green. I hope that's not actually the main reason why I main Young Link and Luigi with Yoshi being an honorary secondary ( along with Ness ).

pdk

Smash Lord
hey guys, putting doors and windows in your house is a noob thing to do

and don't even get me started on putting in shower curtains

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
some characters look weird when you change their colour, eg: pikachu changes colour when u change its hat (very weird).

Generally i think it doesn't matter. I for one wouldn't feel comfortable playing with certain colours, for example: fox with the blue shirt and pink boots looks awkward.

Maybe its just that seeing one's favourite colour is soothing to players, and it helps them play more calmly (yes... i said calmly).

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I never use default for Roy and rarely use the default for Young Link.

Usually it's blue Roy/golden Roy along with white Young Link/black Young Link

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I like default colors. If someone else is fighting me in a match and they have a default color, I like red for Fox, who I use the most often. I used to play as a red Fox all the time, but I just go with the default color now, I find it better. Switching colors all the time can confuse me if I have to fight another person who might use the same character...so I don't bother with it much. Unless I have my name tag over the head of my character I can switch around as much as possible, but my preference is Default>Red>Blue>Green. Mainly because I'm used to seeing those colors.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha i can see the new conversations started from this

*Character Selection Screen*

Random Nub: HAHAHAHHAHAHAH THIS GUY CHOSE HIS COLOR WHAT A N00B
Ken: Hey shut-up no I'm not :(

Fawriel

Smash Master
Random Nub: HAHAHAHHAHAHAH THIS GUY CHOSE HIS COLOR WHAT A N00B
Ken: Hey shut-up no I'm not :(
Ken is now so ashamed that he gets 4-stocked by the Link's-up-b-spamming n00b.
This triggers a chain reaction that subsequently causes the known universe to implode with an unheard but decidedly loud "snurf".

Avenger7x

Smash Cadet
Man, the only character I don't change colors with is G&W because I think he looks reatarded with the other colors. Otherwise, I like to choose a color at random as long as it's not something weird like CF's silver/pink outfit with the heart.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I pick red almost always. It's the default for some of my characters, but not all... If someone took my red, and I'm dittoing them, I'm green or blue, whichever I like better for the character.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera uses all sorts of different colors. she deaults Pikachu and Falco, and goes for blue Fox, Green Zelda, and gold Roy.
~Tera253~

Somasu

Smash Ace
I pick red almost always. It's the default for some of my characters, but not all... If someone took my red, and I'm dittoing them, I'm green or blue, whichever I like better for the character.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Red ftw. It's my favorite color.

I used to use black all the time, but... everyone I know seemed to use black, so I stopped =P

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I never use default colors :)

Yellow Ness, Blue Luigi, White Marth, Green Sheik, Red CFalcon, and Black Doc

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I think a more relevant topic of discussion is as follows:
What are the colors that EVERYONE picks for certain characters?
The only ones I can think of straight up are Black for Doctor Mario and maybe for Link.

I personally like blue Doctor Mario.

GEL CRAM

GammaKnight

Smash Rookie
I usually use default colors with the characters I don't play with too often.

The ones I play with however are either be green or a dark color, whichever looks more visually stimulating.

Top Bottom