• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Determining my best character?

VampDude

Smash Rookie
Trying to figure out my best character in SSBB. Any recommended methods for figuring out a main? Statistically speaking?

Trying to figure out my best character in SSBB. Any recommended methods for figuring out a main? Statistically speaking?
Just play a lot with friends. You'll discover it naturally. It took me a year to learn I was a Zelda player in Melee

VampDude

Smash Rookie
Just play a lot with friends. You'll discover it naturally. It took me a year to learn I was a Zelda player in Melee
Yeah, I've actually been playing for a while. I just can't decide between Pikachu or Pokemon Trainer. I've heard Pikachu is really technical, but I don't worry too much about the specifics when I play. I don't study the movesets extensively, I just kinda wing it.

Macmaster4k2

Smash Rookie
getting familiar with all the characters will help and then you can eliminate the ones you dont like then decide from there. Its a matter of knowing the move sets and how your hand eye coordination is to each character. thats how i found out my main, Ike. thats my opinion on the matter atleast

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Yeah, I've actually been playing for a while. I just can't decide between Pikachu or Pokemon Trainer. I've heard Pikachu is really technical, but I don't worry too much about the specifics when I play. I don't study the movesets extensively, I just kinda wing it.
Well, cool to see you have already brought it down to deciding between "2" characters rather than 35. Well, unless you are considering maining Ivysaur* (my bad lol), Squirtle, or Charizard.

Basically, we can't tell you which character to choose as your main. That decision is completely up to you, because so many things in finding a main are based off of preference of the player. I recommend ignoring everything dealing with technicalities of the characters, and their tier list position, and focusing on which you have more fun on. If you have fun on a character, you will be willing to get better with that character, and it will seem like less of a chore such as if you didn't enjoy playing that character.

Not like you even have to cut it down to strictly one character either, I like playing Wolf almost as much as Fox, so he is my secondary. Why not just main Pikachu and have Pkmn Trainer as your secondary?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Pick a character that fits your style, this site has lots of info on characters, so go through the Character boards and learn the tricks and how the characters are used. And if they fit your style, then hey, go for it and train with that character.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
try playing against a friend and start in the order: from mario(first in chars) to bowser(last in chars) you´ll find a character that will fit you well and i also recommend you to have co-mains (if your main is pikachu then try to co-main others like pokemon trainer and marth but thats just me) my main is captain falcon but i co-main ike and snake

Blissard

Smash Lord
37 :awesome: Zamus and Sheik felt left out of your 35 characters.
You could even say that its 40 characters; some people Shelda (or is it Zeik?) an individual character, and some people main an individual PT Pokemon :oneeye:
Why not just main Pikachu and have Pkmn Trainer as your secondary?
Or you could dual main the 2, cause...PT sounds like a horrible secondary that offers 0 MU support lolol.

But yeah, go with whoever you like to use (provided that you don't like using 20 characters). Having too many "mains" is one of a beginner's biggest problems. Also depends if you have an easier time at tourneys...in which case you should look a little more closely at the Tier List.

Tanon

Smash Rookie
Yeah. I mean, I love playing Ike and Gannon, but I'm probably best a wolf, pika or G&W.....

I'm not sure who I actually main, but I know I generally like the harder hitting heavy characters (pika's a throwback to ssb64 and G&W... well he's just special;))

Top Bottom