• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEVASTATION 2009 : 6/19-6/21 : $10,000 in Prizes (Brawl+Melee)

joeplicate

Smash Master
mango come with us

u know you want to

play friendlies with m2k and whip his ***

then watch me eat an 8,000 calorie hamburger at the heart attack grill

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
mango come with us

u know you want to

PrrettyMango69 (6:35:32 PM): go 2 the last page
PrrettyMango69 (6:35:35 PM): and tell joe
PrrettyMango69 (6:35:40 PM): " yeah for sure"

Mango says "yeah for sure"

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
mango come with us

u know you want to

DUDE!

You know about the heart attack grill?

I've never been there, but I've seen it on the news.

I'm impressed lol...

How much do you weigh? Apparently, they give free food to people over 300 lbs LOL

EDIT: 350 lbs.

You better put on 150 pounds of muscle in the next month.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
why in the world would they give free food to morbidly obese people?

dammit Arizona....

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
We run a fairly tight tournament, so everyone will know when they need to be at the Convention Center for their matches (rough match times will be up Fri/Sat morning after on-site registration). You should have plenty of time to hit up Heart Attack and make it back in time for your matches.

As a general recap:

Fri: Melee Singles and Doubles
Sat: Brawl Singles and Doubles
Sun: Finals (we may do Melee finals on Fri, depending on time constraints)

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
Because it's a side tournament that you register on-site for.

Same goes with all of the SNK tournaments, our Halo 3 tournament and every other side event. Although we expect Melee to be our largest side tournament.

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
If you're only playing in Melee and not playing in Brawl or any other main tournament, then you'll pay a $10 venue fee (for a guest badge) and $15 for Melee singles ($20 for Melee doubles).

Akunin

Smash Rookie
Its less than 30 days until DEVASTATION. If you haven't gotten your travel plans worked out, now would be a good time.

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
It should be interesting to compare our turnout to some of the other big tournaments this year. I'm expecting a lot of Smash players for Melee and Brawl.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yes it should be interesting.
you should also make melee a listed event on the websites and SRK so we feel like the real deal <.<

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
HEY.

Geometry Wars takes mindgames, son.
Actually, there are mind games involved in a Geometry Wars tournament. Not to mention a considerable amount of skill. I would be surprised if a Smash player took the GeoWars tournament (and vice-versa). :p

DrDogg

Smash Journeyman
Online Registration Closes Friday, June 12th
  • Yup, the time is fast approaching and all you procrastinators out there need to get it going.
  • Anyone who does not register will not get any t-shirts/swag bags unless we have extras and you will have to sit in the sucky day-of line while all the registered people get to walk by you and go directly to the check-in. So how about you get registered and save everyone some headaches: http://www.devastationevent.com

Raffle Gallery updated with new items
  • While we are still waiting for more raffle items to show up, we have been updating the raffle gallery with the stuff we do have on hand, including the exclusive DEVASTATION 2009 Arcade-in-a-Box custom joystick. Everyone who pre-registers gets a free raffle ticket! Check out the gallery here: http://jedirobb.smugmug.com/gallery/7777519_8yEU6

Address Update/Confirmation
  • The Phoenix Convention Center is comprised of three buildings and to help clarify the one we are in, the South Building, we have updated the address to reflect that specific building: 33 South 3rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004.
  • When you get to the South Building do not go into the Main entrance but rather, the South Entrance/Lobby that is to the South/Right of the Main lobby. We are cool enough to have our own entrance and lobby directly into the South Ballroom.

Website Information Portal
  • We are closing in on DEVASTATION and so we are updating the site into something of an information hub. Throughout the event we will be live-streaming coverage on the main section of the site as well as updating Twitter, uploading images and videos, as well as blogs and forum feeds. Get over to the Social page and befriend, subcribe, etc. to the various community-sites on there so you are ready for the event: http://www.devastationevent.com/Social
More to come...

joeplicate

Smash Master
So here's the deal

me and oscar no longer have transportation (well there's a slim slim chance I can take my mom's car but I'm not counting on it)

we will suck ***** for a ride there

plus mango and lucky want to go

it'll be really fun and someone should drive us all lol

if you want the formal version
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=23733

if we can't arrange transportation
pat's house ahhhhh **** flake socal ****

joeplicate

Smash Master
so I'm officially calling this thing dead, we just don't have a ride

blame oscar for making plans relying on his car, then going and not buying a car

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Melee results
1. M2k
2. Taj
3. Forward
4. Wobbles

NOTE: Forward and M2k agreed to split before Forward and Taj were going to play in Loser's Finals, and Forward just agreed to forfeit to Taj if Taj split with M2k and gave him the money. (Yes, Forward gave Taj the third place winnings)

p.s.

Matches were recorded onto my friend's computer, but I forgot to bring my SD card to take the matches, so he'll send them to me in the next few days.

Interesting matches that were recorded:
Wobbles v Taj
Taj v Forward Winner's Semis
M2k vs Taj Grand Finals
M2k vs Forward Winner's Finals

Wobbles v M2k was not recorded, but M2k used Falcon and Peach (2-0 on Wobbles)

Top Bottom