• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DeVry University Pomona SSBB Singles Tournament Aug 23, 2008

shoebox

Smash Rookie
Oblivion Gaming Club will host a SSBB Singles Tournament Aug 23, 2008

DeVry University Small Commons

901 Corporate Center Dr
Pomona, CA

Starts at 11:OO Ends at 4:45

$5.00 entree Fee BYOC (bring your own Controler)

Double Elimination

3 stock 6:00 mins

2 out of 3 Matches

Nuetral Stages Only: Battle Field, Final D, Delfino Plaza, , Yoshi's Island(brawl),

Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Castle Siege

Counter Picks: Pirate Ship, Distant Planet, The Summit, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island(melee), Corneria, Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion

Character Selection: All Characters( can change in match following counter pick rules)

Prize: Money Pot

(If any one could bring a wii or two would be very grateful)
(First four people that show up with Wii's get in tournament at no cost!!!)

USIING TIO

Respond to confirm a head of time

shoebox

Smash Rookie
I dont know how many people will show up but i hope theres plenty so we get a good tourny going

shoebox

Smash Rookie
If any body could bring any wii's or a television would appreciate it.

How many are showing up?

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
heeeeeey, you know what would make this tournament better?

make it a brawl AND melee tournament! now that's an idea! (srsly plz this is like the one thing close enough to me)

shoebox

Smash Rookie
if its goes over we will call it or hold it off to another day and have finals then

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
From Super Arcade:

- Drive down temple past Mt. Sac and Cal Poly.
- Turn on South Campus(The street you turn on to GET into Cal Poly.. the very last street you see when Cal Poly passes, before Train Tracks)
- Go straight down passing Cal Poly again and the Red Cross.
- Shall be on your left hand side, it's a bit hidden I think.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
i honestly do not no but im trying to get as many tvs and wii's as i can get to get it running faster if it goes over i can always host the finals or whats left on another date

shoebox

Smash Rookie
Like i said before i dont know how many people will show up and i have three wii's and four tvs confirmed but i still need more at least two more to make the tournament go faster we usally have Four wii's and goes fast, but who knows this time.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
Yeah its exactly like that but the money pot depends on the show up and out come of tourny

shoebox

Smash Rookie
yeah theres going to be people from school but only those who are playing theres no action at school but mostly from smashboards we've hosted them before our last one was great im just iffy about this one though.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
haha yeah theres going to be people from school but only those who are going to play or help out with the tourny. we get alot of people from smashboards our last tourny was very succesful im a little iffy about this one though we had big name players show up last time but it all depends how it goes.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
well yeah if you come thats great the more the better its all coming down to how many wii's we have and tvs too haha so im hoping someone pulls through if the four first wii's that come or tvs will play in tourny for free.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
oh well thats a problem i know the bus stops right in front of devry i just dont know which one im taking the bus too haha

shoebox

Smash Rookie
Yeah i guess it will why would you bet on us there are way better players like Mango, lucky, or danimals.

shoebox

Smash Rookie
yeah theres a couple people here were waiting on the rest were holding off till around

Top Bottom