• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've had to take a break from LoL because I am no longer able to use a mouse. My little brother broke EVERY SINGLE USB PORT ON MY LAPTOP!

Hard Rage.

Oh yeah Dphat you got room in your car for Hobo?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I've had to take a break from LoL because I am no longer able to use a mouse. My little brother broke EVERY SINGLE USB PORT ON MY LAPTOP!

Hard Rage.

Oh yeah Dphat you got room in your car for Hobo?
Probably, I plan on coming back saturday night though right after the tournament so people in my carpool get ready to split the drive.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Probably, I plan on coming back saturday night though right after the tournament so people in my carpool get ready to split the drive.
i will also make sure 2vs2 and singles are the first events so thatit will help with yalls drive. also, PLEASE be there EARLY so we can get started and PLEASE bring wii/tv

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No problem. I know what its like being the ONLY one to drive kids at 4 or 5 in the morning.

ALSM, how many are you taking in your car?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brett do you know how hard it is to use Heimer? Just saying I would probably use someone easier and better than Heimer. I love playing as him, but it's just too much sometimes. Even with a stacked rune book and a great Item build/early farm, he's just averageish.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Which of them is better?

I think Juri's and Deejay's first supers are some of the best in the game (for damage they can do)... plus Deejay's looks awesome as hell, haha. I don't know anything about combo setups or whatever though.

Can Hakan's counter super go off on any contact, or do they have to attack?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Which of them is better?

I think Juri's and Deejay's first supers are some of the best in the game (for damage they can do)... plus Deejay's looks awesome as hell, haha. I don't know anything about combo setups or whatever though.

Can Hakan's counter super go off on any contact, or do they have to attack?
They have to land on it in order for it to go off. I pulled it off today, but instead of the person landing on it, they jumped up when I did the ultra and they got pulled into it. So, its basically an anti-air on the ground o.O.

Also I was fighting Ibuki, and I did the ultra and ibuki threw a kunai while i was on the ground, and it just bounced off, it did not knock me out of the ultra.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Heimer is FUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN. I feel like Olimar or some crap when I use him. I mean, then again, I've been playing 3v3 most of the time, so it's probably a great deal easier on me (Heimer is good on Twisted Treeline). But seriously, I'm learning how to play him pretty well and I'm figuring out a good build.

The thing about Heimer is that a single character cannot keep better minion control unless they're a higher level, or so it seems. If Heimer goes unnoticed, he can completely destroy a turret. And when Heimer does what he does (minion control) and a teammate comes over to push, the rush can usually put a notable dent in the other team's defense.
He's just not that great until you build him. When you build him, though, he can be quite useful IMO.

Then again, I'm really new to the game.
All I know is that Take took my Garen and I have Heimer instead. And Heimer is FUN.
(I'm also interested in Mordekaiser.)

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
yea kunais have a new projectile property, u can jab or hit the kunai away. i heard u can do the same with codys rock but im not sure if this is legit or not

i think u use hakans ultra 1 like u would giefs, and ultra 2 is strickly an anti air. (theyre in the air if they focus crumble)

ssf4 main = chun
ssf4 projects = guy/juri/deejay
sc2= terran

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Heimer is FUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN. I feel like Olimar or some crap when I use him. I mean, then again, I've been playing 3v3 most of the time, so it's probably a great deal easier on me (Heimer is good on Twisted Treeline). But seriously, I'm learning how to play him pretty well and I'm figuring out a good build.

The thing about Heimer is that a single character cannot keep better minion control unless they're a higher level, or so it seems. If Heimer goes unnoticed, he can completely destroy a turret. And when Heimer does what he does (minion control) and a teammate comes over to push, the rush can usually put a notable dent in the other team's defense.
He's just not that great until you build him. When you build him, though, he can be quite useful IMO.

Then again, I'm really new to the game.
All I know is that Take took my Garen and I have Heimer instead. And Heimer is FUN.
(I'm also interested in Mordekaiser.)
Heimer is only slightly better on TT and that's cause people have less room to run from him/he's harder to gank (and because TT is a fast paced map where his extra gold is easier to take advantage of since the other team will probably have less time to catch up to you in that area.) Heimer is also fairly hard to push against with only 3 opponents, and this becomes extremely difficult with 1-2 partners backing him up. He's still a lower mid character at best overall IMO. You don't know how much it pains me to say that since I had aspirations of maining him from seeing him the first time in LoL.

Heimer's early game is quite strong. He's probably the hardest champion Early-Early Mid game to successfully push against because of his turrets combined with a friendly tower. Even characters that outrange him or have a lot of AoE like Nasus or Ashe have to go to work to keep up farming with him. On the downside, he's not the best candidate for taking mid despite his ability to farm well because he lacks the true pushing power against the better mid characters. He can hold a tower perfectly, but he usually needs either some help or be 1 v 1 against someone who kinda struggles with Heimer for him to succeed in Middle. This leaves him with the side lanes, where he can sometimes be annoying taking gold from your allies. Basically you either run the risk of going mid and not being as useful as possible, or being maybe TOO helpful on the side lanes. However a good situation would be you getting a side lane 1 v 1 with both sides having a jungler off and about. This is fairly uncommon, and even if both teams have an active jungler chances are you are gonna get stuck with two people in your lane anyways.

You need to try and exploit his great farming game extremely fast. Besides an extremely strong mid, you should be at a higher level than the rest of your team for the majority, if not all of the game. You should also be one of the first people to have something major like RoA or Archangels staff. Heimer is noticeably weaker or slightly below par against a lot of champions 1 v 1 when he is around the same level as them. Him being ahead of people is an absolute necessity, in both gold and levels.

I can give you some tips on how to play/build him well though. What summoner spells do you take? What is your item build? What is your skill build usually?

Denti

Smash Master
Pre-Phase Smashfest tomorrow at Ruddy's. Melee1 wanted me to post this.

Call Melee1 for details if your interested, 214-587-1825. If he doesn't pick up you could call me 405-923-7133. Ruddy's address is at the front of the dallas thread.

:D

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
oh man, ***** E.honda with Hakan during the rival fight.

I predicted that he would use his honda rush headbutt attack, and i did ultra 2 right before then. and he fell right into it, it was so pretty.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
DMG -- I'm level 7 or 8 right now and use heal and clarity. I always max out Q and R as quickly as possible, E being next choice, and W last.

I'm trying to figure out the best build as far as items go. As of now, I get Fiendish Codex every time and then mostly recommended items. It would be nice to have any tips, though. All help is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom