• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Go out and seduce a nurse or something, man! That's my upcoming gameplan :) Also, how long do LoL games take, exactly?
Nurses are dirty. Like, seriously. STDs abound on them. They sleep with any doctor that looks at 'em. Or so I hear :p

LOL Sound like a low elo game SamuraiPanda. Just cause a bad character best build is to go bulky still doesn't mean hes a good. So you're telling me that a hybrid character (which he is) is the 2nd best tank? Do you even know what you're looking for in a tank? You want someone with survivability + crowd control something GRAGAS does not have. Sure he's bulky but that doesn't automatically make him a tank. Don't tell me you think singed is a good tank as well LOL. Telling me you carry with a tank.. sound like alot of KSing imo. Anyways tbh I'm not surprised you did more damage then your carry, gragas is one of the few characters where all his moves does aoe/splash. Each barrel you toss roughly hits 4-5 minions for 250 a piece. That's basically 1250 damage done every 8 seconds (don't remember the cooldown). Anyways as I said before I think you're bad at the game judging by how you described gragas. Thank you for reading off his skills to me I already know what they do and already came up with my opinion on WHY HE'S NOT A GOOD TANK. You're saying he's a good character (which I don't really think he is as there are alot of characters who plays his role better). Anyways like i said before make a group of five and me and damien will make a group of five and please prove to me that gragas is good. I love free wins btw.

BTW bobby you dumb, you still suck at LoL.
a) My ELO is low-high ELO last I heard (1.5 weeks ago). Zileas told me. So I'm far better than you are <3

b) Gragas is NOT a hybrid character at all. I have no idea why or how you could claim that is true. Hybrid Gragas may be viable as a build next patch because he's getting AP ratio of .5 on his Body Slam.

c) ROFLMAO. I just proved that he has survivability, his crowd control is an AoE slow and an AoE ult that can completely determine the course of every teamfight. Yes, he doesn't have hard CC, but with Flash getting nerfed into the ground, there is no real escape from his ultimate. He's one of the best initiators in the entire game. Throw an Omen on his *** and he has 2 AoE slows that stack (item slows and ability slows stack). With enough CDR, he can nearly infinitely slow someone by slamming them over and over.

d) Tanks need an ability that makes them tanky. Shen has feint and his ultimate. Gragas has Drunken Rage (and his heal to a lesser extent). Characters like Amumu and Singed don't have anything that makes them tanky, just things that make them durable. Being a DURABLE character is far from being a TANK character.

e) Did you completely ignore what I said about Gragas having a high damage output despite speccing as a tank? Don't believe me?

Guinsoo said:
His Body Slam does pretty ridiculous amounts of damage with pure tank gear and 0 attack damage, and he has his ultimate to set up team fights in a (hopefully) advantageous way.
Then believe Guinsoo. Thats a post in one of my Gragas threads in the TR.

f) You're wrong.

You don't have to believe me. You can believe the developers of the game. You can believe the top players in the game, who are the guys at the very top of the ELO and the ones that go to tournaments. You've clearly never experienced a good Gragas. When you do, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
where did damiens post go? i mean its nice i see kates, but my email informed me damien posted =/

*edit*
oh, there we are. ill laugh if samurai panda's team wins.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
HIS NAME IS GRAGAS AND HE IS A MOTHER F***ER.
Careful Panda! As a Med Student, you of all people would know the harms of excessive Sodium intake on the body. I'm no Doctor, but I think Dphat has had his daily limit already.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
samurai panda, i dont have to listen to your garbage.

5v5. lets see who sux more.
I reject your ridiculous challenge. I took the time to write out a logical response, and if you can't provide a counter argument to the points I put forward then that means I already won the debate. If our debate somehow comes to a stalemate then I'll gladly accept a 5v5.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You should play it anyway just to rub it in, that's what a true man would do!

30 minutes, huh? That's about half as long as the average DOTA game. If I feel like DOTA takes too long, I MAY pick up LoL.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I am back in town for the summer. Hope I get to meet more people and play more people than I did over the christmas break. Also I am currently playing LOL so we should get some games in. I play with Cho'gath, Karthus and Heimerdinger.

@phantom you should play LOL it is mad fun

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Games can take longer than that, but usually only when the other team is forced to turtle up really well in the end game. Even then, it usually just prolonges the inevitable. If they take too long defending, and don't have Baron warded, the other team getting that buff usually seal the deal for them.

CG, Heimer is hard but he's fun. If you want some tips on how to play as him, I can help you out.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Games can take longer than that, but usually only when the other team is forced to turtle up really well in the end game. Even then, it usually just prolonges the inevitable. If they take too long defending, and don't have Baron warded, the other team getting that buff usually seal the deal for them.

CG, Heimer is hard but he's fun. If you want some tips on how to play as him, I can help you out.
I think I got him down but anything you know would be great. Plus I am using this really fun build you should check it out its pretty lol
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/turret-heim-1182

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think I got him down but anything you know would be great. Plus I am using this really fun build you should check it out its pretty lol
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/turret-heim-1182
That build has strange starting items, but at least it gets better for the endgame items. Here's what I would do instead:

Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP pots
Catalyst + Boots 1, Catalyst being more important
RoA or Merc Treads or both (if they lack CC, Sorcerers is also acceptable) (If they have a threatening tank, or a tank + 1-2 other characters that might be stacking some MR, getting Catalyst and then building into Void Staff is the better way to go. Void staff is also much better on TT because of how much faster games are, and RoA won't have the time to mature and be helpful to you compared to VS.)

Here's where you have to evaluate what you need most. Archangels is a safe pick, but to get the max benefit out of it you will need to build from a Tear of Goddess that you get earlier in the game. A quick Deathfire Grasp gives you some nice CD reduction if you don't have the runes/masteries for that, some mana regen, AP, and it has a nice active that works well in tandem with Void staff. The trifecta of Deathfire Grasp, Void Staff, and Abyssal Scepter is deadly to tanks or anyone who might even consider putting on some MR (as well as being able to mitigate the MR gained from Banshees). You will sacrifice some survivability going that route in exchange for getting more out of your AP and being nasty against tanks. You will still have trouble going up against Shen and Gragas, but that's to be expected.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I reject your ridiculous challenge. I took the time to write out a logical response, and if you can't provide a counter argument to the points I put forward then that means I already won the debate. If our debate somehow comes to a stalemate then I'll gladly accept a 5v5.
You won the online debate. Congratulations! Now if you want to play bad teams forever, then be my guest. I'm somewhat insulted that you wouldn't want the privelege of playing our team. Might be the closest thing to an all korean team that you'll ever get.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
That build has strange starting items, but at least it gets better for the endgame items. Here's what I would do instead:

Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP pots
Catalyst + Boots 1, Catalyst being more important
RoA or Merc Treads or both (if they lack CC, Sorcerers is also acceptable) (If they have a threatening tank, or a tank + 1-2 other characters that might be stacking some MR, getting Catalyst and then building into Void Staff is the better way to go. Void staff is also much better on TT because of how much faster games are, and RoA won't have the time to mature and be helpful to you compared to VS.)

Here's where you have to evaluate what you need most. Archangels is a safe pick, but to get the max benefit out of it you will need to build from a Tear of Goddess that you get earlier in the game. A quick Deathfire Grasp gives you some nice CD reduction if you don't have the runes/masteries for that, some mana regen, AP, and it has a nice active that works well in tandem with Void staff. The trifecta of Deathfire Grasp, Void Staff, and Abyssal Scepter is deadly to tanks or anyone who might even consider putting on some MR (as well as being able to mitigate the MR gained from Banshees). You will sacrifice some survivability going that route in exchange for getting more out of your AP and being nasty against tanks. You will still have trouble going up against Shen and Gragas, but that's to be expected.
Its true that in order for that build to really shine the game has to be a decent 40min game. But another reason why I like this build is that if we are losing and we are not getting kills the 5 lucky picks plus my farming abilities will grant me the ability to get a very early deathfire grasp. There has not been a game where I have used this build where I could not a deathfire, sorc boots, and a zhon ring.

Also not to mention that 5 Lucky Picks add up to 125 AP, so that helps early game.

Also yes I do sacrifice survivability with this build but I usually do not go out alone in mid to late game so I should be fine there.

One reason I choose to get zhon before void staff is because of the zhon's active. Not being able to get targeted for two seconds while three turrets are attacking your enemy is really good. Also this way if I have my deathfire I can usually double stun them with my grenade a little bit after i come out of invulnerability . And since i have a zhon ring the grenades hurt quite a bit.

Also if we are winning the game and they start to turtle hard I can abuse my money from the 5 lucky picks and buy the rest of the build. This happened once and I was able to get Sorc boots, Deathfire Grasp, Void Staff, Archangel's Staff, Lich Bane, and a Zhony's Ring.

But I guess I should switch it up to account for MU's and what not. Thanks for the advice.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. If you still want to do that build, I would have RoA thrown in early from an early Catalyst. In that build, you are REALLY squishy and aren't too full of Mana until Archangels comes out, and if you rush that early you aren't gonna be packing too much of a punch. RoA, and catalyst, will help you in that area without really hurting the rest of the build. RoA maxed out gives quite a lot of benefits for Heimer, if it had even a trickle of Magic Pen it would be God Tier lol.

Lich Bane is interesting, I've not experimented much with that on Heimer. I've tried a few different things for fun like Leviathan back when you got 2 stacks for an assists which was easy to pull off with rockets, and I've done stuff like Double Catalyst which is pretty fun, but I've not tried Lich Bane that much on him. Might experiment with that a bit.

For TT, first item to get is Catalyst, then Void Staf/Scepter, then either Zhonya's or Deathfire Grasp, and if needed sell Catalyst and get something like Rylai's or turn Catalyst into Innervating Locket. On SR Locket isn't usually a good idea on Heimer, but on TT it's pretty good. Banshees is also fine, but build it later than normal. You want to be able to nuke people and support better sooner rather than having a spell blocked but not hitting as hard.

Heimer is fun on TT. The fewer people he has to face against, the better. Heimer can be obnoxious on this map if he needs to defend or if the other team tries to press on to focus you. He is more prone to ganks on this map because of the layout and how you can reach any point of the map fairly quickly from anywhere, but that's about it as far as negatives go.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
What did he win? He quoted a line from someone that had nothing to do with Gragas being the second best tank. All he did was quote gragas damage output without no real +damage gear. So he just told us that gragas damage output is ridiculous okay I understand that but you still don't really tell us why gragas is the "second best tank". I read your post and I still see Alistar as a better tank so I guess Gragas would be 3rd?

Thanks for straying off topic samuraipanda and I would also reject a challenge if I know I was going to lose. Please play us in a 5v5 if you're "Obviously better then us." Thank you for boasting about your online prowess on the forum. Now please defend it by playing us. I didn't even challenge you cause of the debate it's cause you said "Obviously better then us" well I would like you to prove it to us. Actions > words buddy. If your LoL game as good as your brawl game I got nothing to worry. And once again Free Wins are AWESOME!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm dropping LoL. I don't want to hear anymore sh** from you guys. Of course, you are gonna read this and go "LOLOLOL RAGE QUIT, IM GONNA BE HIGH ELO SOMEDAY SUCK PANDA OFF HARDER ASLDKJALDJALKDJALKDA YOU SUCK GET ***** ADSJAKDJA MAD SALTY" but I don't care. I thought I have been pretty honest and modest about my skill level with you guys, but whatever it doesn't matter anymore since I'm not playing anymore. I don't even care that we lost, I'm just sick of every ****ing 5 seconds someone saying sh** to me. Maybe I should have made it blatantly obvious for you, but maybe I wanted some actual friendly, serious critiquing on how to get better? F*** look at what you told me to do/how I was, compared to what you did to help out Dojo. "Hey Dojo, here's what you do. Annie can do this that blah blah no flash something else asdjkaljdak don't forget to do this" "HEY BOBBY DO YOU KNOW WHAT BLITZ DOES? HE WALKS FORWARD, YOU WALK AWAY. GET ***** HARD, DOES YOUR MOUTH HURT YET? ASKAJKLDAJLDKA *More you sucks and get ***** and jfioajsoda*

I know, posting it before one of you does. MAD SALTY DASJDAJDAIJDAOJDAIODA

Also, I am sorry for quitting out at the start of that last game. It probably ruined or made that game much harder to win, and I seriously apologize for not sticking through til the end. But to be honest, I was so sick of that crap that I said f*** it and dropped out.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
yeah dont take no **** from nobody theres too much of that out there as is
it still blows my mind that people who play something like VIDEO GAMES stop being humble
we'll all have fun if we get along

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yep Dphat, I'm mad. I didn't expect anything different from you. I HOPED for some genuine responds with some meaning, but that would be asking for too much.

Yeah, just as it would be too much to ask for me to be better. Covered that for you so you don't have to waste another post telling me that.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Bobby come on man we're just ****ing with you. I was just surprised you took Samurai Panda side over me dude that's all, anyways I would give you advice but I don't even know how to play heimer. I know some solid build orders I've seen from top notch heimers but I can't teach you the basics. We were giving advice to Dojo on a character that both me and damien know. But if you want to come back into LoL we'll seriously give you the run down like we are with doj.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I might. Right now, besides having some chores to do, Im gonna take a break.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Likes to talk big but sucks at everything I do
This is all I read from your last couple of posts in the DFW thread SamuraiPanda.

Anyways for someone who "won an argument" you sure are rubbing it in alot. Sounds like the talk of a loser IMO. If you're done proving your point please leave the DFW thread your posts are getting obnoxious. You had a valid argument for a while but now you're just spamming and trolling it's getting pretty annoying. I read your posts I accepted your post but I still fail to see where gragas is the second best tank. You aren't proofing anything with these long drawn out statements I'm a man who likes to see action then rather read words. And if you don't want to back it up then everything you posted will be ignored and you wasted all our time. Anyways Samurai Panda if you ever want to play just PM/AIM me and I'll gladly play with/against you (hopefully the 2nd one).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
And I'm a man who likes to read words rather than resort to action at every moment.

Besides, I'm just playing with you man, don't be so mad. I just figured I'd post a funny video and incite some playful banter. Sorry you took it the wrong way, my bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom