• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denti

Smash Master
Thanks guys! Yeah I can WD but I haven't tried LC yet.

I have a hard time seeing when WDing is appropriate. Is WD for spacing or? I can't seem to find a lot of relevance on it, but of course I know there is somehow lol

I haven't tried shiek yet either. I keep thinking it's brawl and that she sucks LOL

Maybe I'll try shiek and falco tomorrow and see how they work out.

It's so weird learning different kill moves. For example fox's up tilt murders... WTF

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Wavedashing is spacing on crack. Too close to full out run in? WD in instead. Running at someone and not feeling a read? WD back. Want to poke? WD into just out of range. In the air and not feeling safe? Land with a WD, even better if its onto a platform. Think a space animal is about to rush you with nair/dair? WD back and **** with the move of your choice.

Dashdancing is also broken for several of the same reasons.

Sheik is easy mode. Dthrow -> ftilt -> fair is free at most percents unless your opponent is clever. Ftilt is safe when well spaced and leads into free fair kills. Dash attack, ftilt, uptilt, dthrow, upthrow, dair, all combo into fair. Also, fair is good. Needle cancelling makes for great pressure. And fair *****.

Falco is very good, but is also very very technical. Great on the offense, but even worse recovery than brawl. Don't pick him up unless you like training mode.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, there is hitstun/shield stun in this game, characters can KILL, moves do not stale(if they do its not notice-able at all), powershielding is hard as hell to do(like it should be). This game is superior in every way to brawl. SKILL is rewarded!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i wouldn't go that far. ledge grabbing is also rewarded. if your opponent is better than you, speed is also rewarded to the point that your opponent cant comprehend whats going on.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i wouldn't go that far. ledge grabbing is also rewarded. if your opponent is better than you, speed is also rewarded to the point that your opponent cant comprehend whats going on.
Aura negates skill
Bananas negate skill
Mk negates skill
Tilt/jab/laser/ice block locks negate skill
Infinite wall grabs/grab releases negate skill
Super armor/grab armor negate skill
Red pikmin going thru samus fair negates skill
Auto snap to ledges negates skill

In melee none of that crap happens. Its a fair game that rewards the better player

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm pretty sure that's among the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Woah. I could've sworn I was back in elementary school for a second.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Aura negates skill
Bananas negate skill
Mk negates skill
Tilt/jab/laser/ice block locks negate skill
Infinite wall grabs/grab releases negate skill
Super armor/grab armor negate skill
Red pikmin going thru samus fair negates skill
Auto snap to ledges negates skill

In melee none of that crap happens. Its a fair game that rewards the better player
i didnt say any of those didnt negate skill. you did. Hell, even the creator of the game intended brawl to be a party game. you want skill? Play a 2-d fighter :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
How much do you want for gas Denti if I decided to go and when would we head back? I'm looking for something to do Saturday. I might tag along, but don't bother reserving my seat just yet. I'm leaning towards no, but I want you to know I'm thinking about it.

Denti

Smash Master
Sorry problemo but my friend just took the last seat.

1. Denti
2. Infinity
3. Batou
4. Bigfoot
5. Shane

It'll be like 10$ for gas guys :D

We'll be leaving late tomorrow night whenever Infinity is done with his dad's B day stuff.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Where are we crashing at Denti?

Also - since I'm like 10 minutes from you can you pick me up?

I'll call you as soon as I get back to my place tomorrow. It'll probably be after 10 around 11ish at the latest.

Denti

Smash Master
Yeah that's fine infinity.

JUJ offered to house us. I already PM'd him about the details.

For whoever needs it
My address

5112 Leeray rd Keller tx

My phone number

405-923-7133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom