• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Holy cow I got 4th... I'm glad I'm not as rusty as a thought. However, there were definitely some matches I should have won and definitely some I should have lost. I blame green greens...

On a side note: Grats to Infinity for Grab Armoring my Judgment.... very impressive. And more grats to BWett for taking down two MKs as a 1v2 in doubles.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Good tournament, lots of fun. I'm guessing the UTD tournament took a lot out of me, but I'm still enjoying myself. If I seemed a bit rude to people, I'm sorry; I assure you that it's all in good nature and fun.

Bowser dittos, Judgement matches, randoms only...now THOSE are money matches I can get behind. I'm also surprised that my Snake is actually not far behind Ice's...maybe I should use him more.

And lastly... <3 Norfair. The new rules are awesome.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I talked it over with my roommate, and he's down with the idea of bi-weekly Smashfests. I'm thinking we could start them up as early as Sat. the 13 if people can fit it in their schedules. I have plenty of space, 3 TV's, 2 Wiis/Brawls, and a GC/Melee. More setups are always welcome. I'm thinking maybe asking everyone bring like 5$ and order dinner each week, too, but that's only if people want it.

So, yeah. Let the Smashing commence (soon)?
ill see if i can come the only prob again is the ride cause my mom will be doing wedding stuff and idk if my dad would want to take me and i have a game that day.:dizzy:

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
This thread needs moar shoutouts.

From Shuz's Initiation Tournament..

FOGOOOOO: Major props for the controller man. I'm loving the L and R triggers. I also hope your enjoying my white top. Take good care of it. ;) And teams were so fun. Special beam cannon ftw bro. :laugh:

BWETT: Thanks again for an awesome tournament as usual. Your yoshi is too sick man. Taking down two MK's with a yoshi? Extra pro.

Shuz: Wtf happened on Pirate ship dude?! I was not expecting it to end like that. The first and second match where too close though. Teams MM was a blast, even if you didn't get your dollar from them. :p Cat like reflexes also save awesome Wiis.. Yess.

Ice: Superstar saga!!! Friendlies and teams were great, lots of close matches. Also, my pikachu will beat your snake. Someday. :)

Bob: Random MM's were cool. First time doing so, and I think it was fairly close. That was my first time playing TL, so I was relying strictly on things I've seen Santi do. But DDD vs. Shiek ftl.. man. Will have to MM again some time, minus the randomness that is.

Dev: Your MK is definitely getting better. That much I could tell from our team matches. Stick with it man, your getting there!

Phaze: Didn't get to play you much, or at all for that matter, but you play a lot of random characters really solidly. Lucario ftw!

Infinity: Foreskin. But really, team matches were fun. SLing my Chu, not so much.

d4ba: That was my first time ever being in losers finals. Couldn't have gotten there with out ya. Thanks, I enjoyed the experience. And next time, if there is one :laugh:, I promise I wont SL you at 184 percent. :dizzy:

UTD Zac: Your Game and Watch is very solid man, but please tell me you'll be attending more Bwogo fests. Next time I wont be stubborn and pick Pikachu and R.O.B vs. GaW. I was trying to prove to myself that beating him with them is possible, which it IS, just significantly harder.

And to anyone else I missed, GG's.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
GG's dallas, my crew feels powerful, and my mind is at rest.

I'll see you all at our next tournament, we'll plan it earlier so we can get a bigger turnout.

True EDIT: Billy, i still can't get over our team work and i think we can take hobo teams, let's make it our goal.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Holy cow I got 4th... I'm glad I'm not as rusty as a thought. However, there were definitely some matches I should have won and definitely some I should have lost. I blame green greens...

On a side note: Grats to Infinity for Grab Armoring my Judgment.... very impressive. And more grats to BWett for taking down two MKs as a 1v2 in doubles.
I'm totally taking the recording for that and putting it in my signature. It'll say "UTD Zac taught me how to cheat at Smash physics."

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I'll see you all at our next tournament, we'll plan it earlier so we can get a bigger turnout.
I would have been to the one this weekend, but my roommate didn't feel like driving for 4 minutes (lol at mapquest). Since you guys are so close I'd really like to start attending tourneys and/or smashfests.

...and thanks to UTD Zach for holding the tourney on Friday. I'm guessing it was you who headed that but I could be wrong. It was nice to see some sweet brawl action RIGHT on campus :bee:

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Bwett... what happened to 5th? :(
omg. I laughed soooo hard to this. no 1 cares but it's...So Good.

edit/update/real post:
AnimationFest (afest) was a competitive disaster. They required you to enter the tournament with a $5 fee and prize pool of your choice of 1 or 2 anime dvds. In short, the tournaments were bogus.
The good side, got to play Mr.3000 and TRex in serious friendlies. *cough* dallas too strong*cough*. In addition, I used to think Mr.3000 and Trex were a joke; but they have the mindset and potential to be extremely strong players. Watching them play scares me by imagining how strong they would be in a good community. 3000's Sonic and Ike are incredible. Watching him use those characters in such a smart and knowledgeable way inspire me to play my characters infinitely better. Trex also uses tactics with Snake that are very high risk high reward that never occured to me. Learning new stuff always helps your game out. These 2 are hands down the dopest players from houston that I've met thus far.
Surprise appearance by Rok the Reaper! You know me; I had to instantly MM him $5 best outa 3 games. Won both with falco/metaknight. Less suck ftw.
Recruited 2 peeps into smash. Hopefully will be hearing from them via pm and then here soon enough. One o them plays a smart game with game&watch...with new tactics at his disposal could prove to be quite a threat.

Ggs at the bwogofest. I want to type alot; and I simply cannot describe the awesomeness very clearly. Good **** is all that needs to be heard from me.

Fogo: you make me and baby jesus cry. If anything, you need inspiration. Game wit me sometime (SERIOUS FRIENDLIES ****it).

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Next Tournament.

BKM V.S. G-Crew.

Game?
That sounds perfect and how bout we do a match up battle? Were each one of our members takes on one of urs as long as u have five it will work out. Personally I'll take
RoK and Bwett can take J-roc in yoshi dittos? Sound good? Cause it sounds so good to me!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
That sounds perfect and how bout we do a match up battle? Were each one of our members takes on one of urs as long as u have five it will work out. Personally I'll take
RoK and Bwett can take J-roc in yoshi dittos? Sound good? Cause it sounds so good to me!
I'd rather just do it the normal way dude.

Of course, come to think of it, if we do it the normal way then I don't think I'll get to play. Darn :'(

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
sry to sound like a noob but how are crew battles done. Is it like;

Each crew gets certain amount of stock and battle till no stock remains.

or

Assign each member to battle in certain order. which ever team wins 3 matches out of 5, wins.

or am i completely off?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
sry to sound like a noob but how are crew battles done. Is it like;

Each crew gets certain amount of stock and battle till no stock remains.

or

Assign each member to battle in certain order. which ever team wins 3 matches out of 5, wins.

or am i completely off?
It's the first one you said.

5 crew members x 3 stock = 15 stock for the crew total.

Let's say the crew battle starts and the first fight is won with a 2 stock. The winner of that would play the next player in the other crew and would start with only 2 lives (i.e run off the edge at the beginning of the next match) and it would go from there. Is that pretty clear? :o

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Melee Melee Melee!

I don't have work all day wednesday or thursday. So someone hold a little get together if you will. I don't get on the boards much so call me if anyone does decide to do something.

EDIT: the number is 469-544-9982
If I don't answer just leave a message or something.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
It's the first one you said.

5 crew members x 3 stock = 15 stock for the crew total.

Let's say the crew battle starts and the first fight is won with a 2 stock. The winner of that would play the next player in the other crew and would start with only 2 lives (i.e run off the edge at the beginning of the next match) and it would go from there. Is that pretty clear? :o
yea makes perfect sense

As for BKM, sure.

and shuz, thanks for the correction, it angered me when i read that lol
lol i knew it would. we krew mates gotta look out for one another

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Man if anyone is bored as hell today definitely give me a call. I don't have classes till wednesday SO.. IM going to be bored if you want to do friendlies or something hit me up at 214-536-1403. I actually would prefer a text with your name/handle so i don't feel ******** when I answer/call you, BUT I'm definitely up for some friendlies at either brawl or melee just got to bring your own melee disc and memory card cause I don't own one. Anyways hit me up if you are interested.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Oh sweet, Super Mario RPG is on the VC.

Thanks for Friday's tourny, Zac!

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I'd rather just do it the normal way dude.

Of course, come to think of it, if we do it the normal way then I don't think I'll get to play. Darn :'(
Well man not to sound cocky or anything but yeah if we do it the normal way u prolly wont get to play and thats why i suggested another term of battle it would be more in tense i think idk i guess we have to do it the orignal way but oh well lets defintly do this!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Well man not to sound cocky or anything but yeah if we do it the normal way u prolly wont get to play and thats why i suggested another term of battle it would be more in tense i think idk i guess we have to do it the orignal way but oh well lets defintly do this!
Always pushing for that "pokemon" style crew battle. Let it go! lol

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
you act like if you beat me at brawl, dallas would suddenly stop being a waste of land. GET REAL CHUMPINSKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom