• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Oh yeah infinity cause that will be easy, plus it works! So stupid! Wish i had thought of that sooner thanks dude!

L

Livid

Blarg. I wish I knew how active the Dallas community was on here earlier. :ohwell:

Anyway. As much as I wish I had a way to get around to find out what's up, I have no idea where stuff goes on around here, nor do I even know anyone. It makes me a sad panda, really. ;/

Thankfully, that's what this is for, right? Just try not to kill me, please. >_>

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well, I mean... You're in G-Krew territory. Best bring your A game, son!

(I've spent entirely to much time with all of you based on that statement alone. :p)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Blarg. I wish I knew how active the Dallas community was on here earlier. :ohwell:

Anyway. As much as I wish I had a way to get around to find out what's up, I have no idea where stuff goes on around here, nor do I even know anyone. It makes me a sad panda, really. ;/

Thankfully, that's what this is for, right? Just try not to kill me, please. >_>
come play me tomorrow, i'm free, i live on the edge of garland, and i'd like to see what our new blood is made of. If you're interested, PM me or post here if you don't know how.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I've got Friday off, so about what time should/can I be headed over to your crib, Dphat? Also, what's going on for Saturday? Is it Jack's or DP's? I personally prefer DP's, ONLY because it's closer and I save gas money. But it's whatever, I'll be where the competitions at.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:
I've got Friday off, so about what time should/can I be headed over to your crib, Dphat? Also, what's going on for Saturday? Is it Jack's or DP's? I personally prefer DP's, ONLY because it's closer and I save gas money. But it's whatever, I'll be where the competitions at.
its the opposite for me jack's is closer while D-phats is far away

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Best bring your A game, son!

(I've spent entirely to much time with all of you based on that statement alone. :p)
No correction too much time with billy. Thats some billy stuff if I've ever heard it."I'm about to put on my nikes and show you what fly kicks really are!" Billy all day every day he can't stop he won't stop eeehh eeehh eeehh eeehh.

Meanwhile in other news, who are you new person what do u preferable go by tag wise?

This is ICE by the way!

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dallas brawlers, I'm extremely excited that theres an active brawl community here. I'm definately coming to the tournament/get together this weekend. (if there is one.... is there one?) I've only been to one tournament before (last weekend in waco) but I really didn't like the 120 mile drive . What are the details and stuff for the tournament?

edit: Oh and what should I bring? I can bring my wii and brawl and my satellite wifi thing, some controllers my laptop refreshments and food. What else do I need?Unfortunately I don't have a small tv to bring.

edit2: Ah, and btw I came from AiB, their Dallas thread is completely dead and Jack Kieser referred me over here.
Won't need the WiFi connector, not a lot of that at Smashfests. Welcome to the community.

im just going down the list. after fogo plays thien i think your up.
Srsly, then we'll see what it's not about. I'm better now than I was then, but at least I can learn a few things.

I give up on ever being able to go to HOBO's. My parents think that Houston is just one big cess pool of drugs, sex, and violence.

When it clearly also has Brawl.
Didn't you know? We go down to H-Town to get chicks, Brawl is just an excuse that we give all of our friends. I get more smut, weed and money in Houston than anywhere else in Texas.

Oh, believe me, we will kill you, at least once. Drop by D-Phat's on Friday, and the test of your mettle will begin.

Well, I mean... You're in G-Krew territory. Best bring your A game, son!

And then the conversion of Ladybug started affacting her mind...:dizzy:

Sudai

Stuff here
DPhat, what's your address? PM or here, I don't care. Just need to know to determine where us LA players are heading Saturday. Also, is there any chance for a tourney on Saturday at DPhats or is it strictly smashfest? Cause if I'm gonna drive that far, I at least want a chance to get my gas money back, ya know? :x

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
DPhat, what's your address? PM or here, I don't care. Just need to know to determine where us LA players are heading Saturday. Also, is there any chance for a tourney on Saturday at DPhats or is it strictly smashfest? Cause if I'm gonna drive that far, I at least want a chance to get my gas money back, ya know? :x
Were you at the tournament in Ruston that me and Wobbles went to?

That was waaayyyy back, by like a few days, weeks, or months even.

Sudai

Stuff here
Nah, I moved up to Ruston a while after that tourney. That and there was a much larger one in BR on the same day, so I chose to go to the BR one. XP Kinda wish we knew you and Wobbles were going to the Ruston one so we could have dragged ya'll to the BR one instead. >.>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, I was standing in a Little Ceasars ordering a Pizza (They have those $5 Large pizzas..mmm). Anyways, as I'm standing in line I look to my left on the wall to see various advertisments for their deals. On every single one of these I see the same words. You know what those words were?

"All day, every day!"

I then procedded to laugh my *** of while the people in the store stared at me.

Thanks Fogo.

Wilma

Smash Rookie
It's OK, I got Billy on the next match we did of Mario and Yoshi, I wonder if it's recorded somewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiSVQ4f99eI
There was some serious Fogo channeling going on there. The screen was covered in balls of fire.

I met Thien's brother while I was playing up here in Denton. He gave himself away when he was talking about Sean/Infinity. There are a sick amount of players around here; not so super pro, but still packed to gills.

I really can't make it down for any of the weeklies in D-town right now because of my schedule (17 hours worth of engineering and math classes will do that), but I'm trying to figure out if we can set up a weekly somewhere in Denton. There's no shortage of machines or players, but figuring out where to do it might be tricky. The campus has a lot of facilities and rooms that basically don't get used. I'm gonna look into finding a space to do it in. Mean time, I'll try to make it down in a few weeks for weeklies.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Wii. Should be on PSN later this week and XBLA even later.

To be fair, my best time so far is 1:01:00, just a minute short of the Jitterbug challenge. -_-;

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Wii. Should be on PSN later this week and XBLA even later.

To be fair, my best time so far is 1:01:00, just a minute short of the Jitterbug challenge. -_-;
no bob what is it orignally on? Nintendo entertainment system?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I could agree with some **** like that.
Lmfao!! ^^ Too pro
So, I was standing in a Little Ceasars ordering a Pizza (They have those $5 Large pizzas..mmm). Anyways, as I'm standing in line I look to my left on the wall to see various advertisments for their deals. On every single one of these I see the same words. You know what those words were?

"All day, every day!"

I then procedded to laugh my *** of while the people in the store stared at me.

Thanks Fogo.
g-krew, comin' through, there's only two!

YES, Fogo magic! All day every day! Can't stop, won't stop! Ehh ehh, ehh ehh!

I <3 you guys and your use of my jokes :)

On a serious note, i was at the library since 9 studying about what this "magic" really is, and i think i have an answer, like seriously lol

Bwett

Smash Ace
There was some serious Fogo channeling going on there. The screen was covered in balls of fire.

I met Thien's brother while I was playing up here in Denton. He gave himself away when he was talking about Sean/Infinity. There are a sick amount of players around here; not so super pro, but still packed to gills.

I really can't make it down for any of the weeklies in D-town right now because of my schedule (17 hours worth of engineering and math classes will do that), but I'm

trying to figure out if we can set up a weekly somewhere in Denton. There's no shortage of machines or players, but figuring out where to do it might be tricky. The campus has a lot of facilities and rooms that basically don't get used. I'm gonna look into finding a space to do it in. Mean time, I'll try to make it down in a few weeks for weeklies.
OMG! Where the hell have you been?!

Also, Ice, Megaman 9 is a new megaman in the same style as megaman 2, only for download on psn and virtual console. It's pretty amazing. Once I have extra money, I'm buying it.

EDIT: And XBLA but who cares about them lol

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I could someone pm me the location and time for dphat's party thing? Also can I bring friends, I'm sure I can rustle up 2 or 3 semi-ok brawler friends to come.

Dojo

Smash Champion
YES, Fogo magic! All day every day! Can't stop, won't stop! Ehh ehh, ehh ehh!

I <3 you guys and your use of my jokes :)

On a serious note, i was at the library since 9 studying about what this "magic" really is, and i think i have an answer, like seriously lol
Haha <3

10fogo's

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Back before Brawl came out, I actually faced off with Fogo Mario v Mario. He won that match.

Eh, I could someone pm me the location and time for dphat's party thing? Also can I bring friends, I'm sure I can rustle up 2 or 3 semi-ok brawler friends to come.

Where exactly do you live, as in what area of what city?

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I missed a lot of posts. About 30 pages worth lol, Happy Birth Day to all those that have had them while I was not visiting the boards :D

Edit: So melee this saturday? I won't be able to show up until 9 or so.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
So who else can beat Mega Man 9 in under an hour?
I don't know bigbob, how many tournaments have you won?

Tell them to come to Dphats this friday or saturday.

btw Dphat update: Dphat- "tell people to come over as early as 3pm friday...all day saturday. If you come friday u can stay the night simply 2 rules bring a sleeping bag and clean up after yoself"

L

Livid

No correction too much time with billy. Thats some billy stuff if I've ever heard it."I'm about to put on my nikes and show you what fly kicks really are!" Billy all day every day he can't stop he won't stop eeehh eeehh eeehh eeehh.

Meanwhile in other news, who are you new person what do u preferable go by tag wise?

This is ICE by the way!
My name is Ryan, but my tag for Brawl is the same as my username.

Oh, believe me, we will kill you, at least once. Drop by D-Phat's on Friday, and the test of your mettle will begin.
I'll try my best to kill you back, then. :p

come play me tomorrow, i'm free, i live on the edge of garland, and i'd like to see what our new blood is made of. If you're interested, PM me or post here if you don't know how.
I already PMed you, but I thought it'd be best to repeat it here, too. I usually take the bus to get around, so unless someone actually wants to pick me up, I dunno if I'll be able to make it to Dphats. I'm a jobless bum. >_>

If I am able to, though, I need to know the address. I can figure out a way there, hopefully, via the DART system. :D

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I've won a tournament before. Maybe not one with any of the best players in the state, but I've done it. And I'm only comparing my MM9 skills to the local area; the current record for beating the game is sometime under 40 minutes; I'm nowhere near ready to try that.

And I really need to come to another smashfest or tournament or something. Just been too busy. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom