• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degyn Sefer

Smash Ace
To all Brawlers going to NK3

we wish to know who all is able to bring setups, we really need them, we only have 4 wiis and 3 tvs, come to our thread and tell us or talk to Ky Des about bringing some

Everis755

Smash Cadet
OMfg i loved reading all the posts about last night =D. Thx much Ice, DpHat, 4Saken, and Damian+GIF for coming out. I had a blast with you all. Especially going to whataburger all ninja and **** in reyos car just so that Dphat could get a burnt receipt lol. And dphat, imma be waiting for you bro. lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alright me and Tyson have decided to team at the next event he and I both attend that is after this Phase/No Koast/Potentially Whobo

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Did any of you go to the NBA All-Star game? That game was crazy!
Yep, game was awesome! Shakira was great as well but my friend and I had seats right behind the stage.. :( The East showed a little more talent though, but had Kobe played I think it would've been more epic!

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
did anyone see the dragonball live action movie? i watched maybe half on hbo. it was the biggest pile of garbage ive seen in years. maybe ever. when i was a kid i at least enjoyed that stuff cuz i was a kid and kids are dum. but oh man. its the WORST. i went into convulsions. at least the street fighter movie had van damme and was hilarious.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I didn't feel like wasting my money after I saw the trailer. I'm just glad the studio voided the actors' contracts--they had them lined up for another four movies.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I LOVED DBZ growing up. But yeah i had heard nothing but terrible things about that movie for the most part. ( A few of my friends thought it wasn't too bad) but yeah i have not seen it. Regardless it could never make me love DBZ any less.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, I saw the DBZ movie on my flight back from Hawaii. It was one of those flights where they let you choose what you wanted to see and I got MEGA TRAPPED. I chose the move Fast and Furious, and then all of a sudden I'm watching DBZ. It was so horrible I couldn't stop watching it, but I did feel a part of me dying inside as it happened. The ending made it seem like there would be sequels so I'm happy that it got canned. The acting was bad, but the entire movie was bad, it wasn't just the actor's fault.

I heard the actress that plays ChiChi was in Sorority Row showing off her boobies.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been following the Tekken movie for a while, looks like its going to be pro.
most movies based on video games are horrible, most movies based on cartoons are horrible, movies based on a book usually good, movies based on a true story always good, cartoons based on games usually good, games based on cartoons still good.

the tekken movie is more than likely to suck, but the screen shots do look very promising.

have you seen the tekken anime? its wasnt to bad.

he real reason on why most movies based on video games suck is mainly involves three elements which are all the directors fault.

Miscasting
Their vision of what it should look like
and they usually dont have any idea why the people who played the game enjoyed it.

so i will say that it looks promising but dont get your hopes up... and one other thing

just based on looks alone it doesnt seem like any of the chracters were miscast... well maybe bryan. but all in all it looks like good casting work.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
true be this?
Sadly, yes. Sadly of course that the contracts were signed in the first place.

It's a good thing they got nulled. :p

The DBZ movie failing is just a classic example of hiring a director who's in the wrong field. He's most known for directing Final Destination and Final Destination 3. His one action film was the mediocre The One starring Jet Li. He's just not an action director despite the fact that he's a DBZ fan. Obviously he's not a big enough fan to screw up the mythos so badly.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude. Have you ever seen Dragonball? Who the **** thought he could honestly make that realistic?

Also aside from Mortal Kombat, there are no and will never be any good videogame movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom