• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
go for it dawg
Do you hate me in mafia a lot?

What is a Ruy?

If you could have an unstoppable 8 headed Hydra, who would be in it?

What you doing in school right now?

I feel like you think I am biased against you, I'm really not. I just get pissed when you tunnel me as a "must be lynched policy". Why did you think I was being biased even though you asked me way back when why I've been letting things go?

Worst bands to ever exist?

Have you met my girl Tangerine, she like to bowl with Mary Jane. :smirk:

Who needs to come back to DGames?

Will you make a new Walrus avatar?

:bluejump:?

Furries or Weeaboos?

Who is the best Teen Titan?

:seuss:?

Have you tried out smash 4? Who are you gonna main?

Do you think Pot being illegal is horse **** like I do? We can drink and smoke stuff that is objectively worse than pot but it's A-ok to do everything else that is worse?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Damn I had some questions I could've asked you gorf, but marshy's right, I need to skype with you guys. Gorf I fear if we ever hung out we'd get in more trouble than I'm already in...

BarDulL

Town Vampire
vote: bardeezbignutz

Kreygasm

real talk i'd vote for joey because joey is a warrior of justice and always has your back

maybe adumbro

maybe maven

YO WHAT ABOUT BADWOLF THOUGH

ok i'm playing

maybe zen? have no idea if he was interviewed or not

i mean if you guys want me to do a thingy i will more than oblige i ****ing LOVE talking about myself and my huge penis

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ok real talk

Vote: Joey

joey if you had to **** one active member of Dgames or else the planet would be destroyed, who would it be?

joey are you a top or a bottom?

do you have a fetish for mewtwo?

wtf does KP stand for in your name?

describe an average day in your life.

does size matter?

who is your favorite celebrity?

wtf happened to marshy?

do you have any favorite official presidential candidates for 2016 so far?

are you going to college? if so, what is your major of choice?

what are your top 3 favorite foods?

what is your general philosophy in life?

rockin walks into a bar, what happens?

do you think communism is, in general, a viable form of governing for small countries, i.e. burma/myanmar?

what is your favorite color? better not say pink or i'll punch you in the ****

favorite poke'mon?

sadism or masochism?

more to be added later

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
ok real talk

Vote: Joey

joey if you had to **** one active member of Dgames or else the planet would be destroyed, who would it be?

joey are you a top or a bottom?

does size matter?

what is your favorite color? better not say pink or i'll punch you in the ****
Oh my god these questions lmao. I kind of want to win just so I can answer these awkward ass questions.

Also, you're going to have to specify: am I the specifically the pitcher for the first question? :x

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh my god these questions lmao. I kind of want to win just so I can answer these awkward *** questions.

Also, you're going to have to specify: am I the specifically the pitcher for the first question? :x
this question is open for interpretation but you must specify what role you are playing :awesome:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yea he hasn't checked the PM i sent to him 2 weeks ago either. probably just meditating on top of the world's highest mountain in order to achieve the highest form of self actualization

or he's toasting with gorf

it's one or the other

Maven89

Smash Master
Question 1: Why is your name not Ramen?

Question 2: What are your thoughts on mafia setups? Craziness? Roles that impact the day play? Roles that don't impact the day play at all? What is your philosophy on all of this

Question 3: Favorite player that stopped playing?

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Answering each in seperate posts to make it easier to read:

Question 1: Why is your name not Ramen?

1. Never thought of naming myself Ramen. Almost sounds like A-MEN. I like Ramen, I mostly eat the Maruchan brand. I've never had expensive Ramen like Naruto. I tried putting in random vegetables and stuff. So far what I like in it is sliced carrots and hotdogs. I can't stretch this any longer. My name is not Ramen because I was not named that, and because I never have nor will chose it. Unless I come up with a silly name including 'Ramen' in it. Like 'Ramen Rider' or something. I like making silly names, and then playing mafia with them.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question 2: What are your thoughts on mafia setups? Craziness? Roles that impact the day play? Roles that don't impact the day play at all? What is your philosophy on all of this

2. I like standard setups, usually. My weakness as a player is role games. I purely want to scumhunt, so I get caught up with a pure scumhunting path. Example in Vult's PYP mafia. I tried to rush the phase and helped scum get bad roles, and Gheb pushed for my lynch and got it. I wanted to get to RVS, but realized, people just scumread you on how you pushed roles. I played your PYP better, knowing what got me suspected the previous time. I played it more safely there. Even so, I prefer just scumhunting. Now I do like having some role sometimes. I do enjoy OS's setups. Time Travellers anyone? I love reading that game from time to time because it makes me laugh how crazy it was. So I enjoy crazy setups since it is pure fun. I like playing for fun sometimes.

I like roles that enhance day play, like double voters, ... what else is there? I feel like masons seem to not affect day play but seeing my recent game, it probably influences it a bit more. I don't mind keeping it simple though, it's why I gave town masons and scum just a role cop. Nothing negative can happen there, except mason being exposed to scum with a chance of 1/9.

I'm alright with roles that impact night play. Yet they don't really excite me beyond "ooooh I'm an important role of this town, I must play extremely well here." Only a few roles do, and they are based on why I love playing Mafia. Cop is nice, but it's more of a tool that helps me find scum rather than be something 'interesting' to me, since it's basically giving me scum/town. Mason I love because it's oot communication, alignment confirmation, and a pair of two people that have two votes. I guess I didn't realize that I love this because I like to socialize, and I have people I like to play with. Just being robotic and finding scum isn't fun by itself, I'd also like to laugh and buddy (townreads) along the way. Mason helps that, and relieves stress and possible arguments and paranoia. Masonizer/Neighborizer because oot comm basically. Doctor because I can play a guessing game. I guess Cop is the same thing too, but with Doctor there is more pressure to get it right to save someone. I guess another role I wouldn't mind nowadays would be bulletproof, but I'd probably get killled N3 if I was protown looking at all. I think I would like vigilante as well. Killing people is fun. I do like games like Rajam's HunterXHunter, even though I only co-modded for him.

My philosophy on all this... First off, I will say that I find each type of game viable, as long as they are balanced and fair. (Sometimes they can be swingy, but people should know beforehand) I think games should have no twilight, and votecounts on every page. No one wants to post less than the host. I despise Twilight. It drags on and on and we get no where when I'd rather have the flip sooner than later. More discussion is fine but we take it too far sometimes. I will say that quick lynching isn't viable either, no matter how right you feel. (I recently did this in a game on MS, dang me) I like standard games so I can practice and apply my scumhunting skills. I like crazy setups so I can do that but also have more fun with it. I don't prefer pick your poison games since the early game seems more like RQS rather than RVS and I'd rather just get to voting. I prefer no indies. I don't like being indy. I don't like being serial killer.

Do I have roles that I feel should never be used or something? Not really. I have only hosted a few times, so I'm probably not what you'd call an expert on setups. I'm experimenting, but thinking deeply about the roles and how they balance each other. I just try to make sure town and mafia have tools to help them achieve their wincon. Still, can't think of a role I feel shouldn't be used. Well I do but [redacted].

I do like flavor though. I just usually do flavorless setups because focusing on flavor will obviously slow me down. Yet, I DO love doing flavor. I really loved the Upick Nabe and I co-hosted together. I always go back and read the flavor for all that and I think people also enjoyed it. In fact I'd like to do a Upick again. (WITH NABE HOSTING WITH ME OFC BBY) I like writing in general. July and I had a death note mafia we thought about and never got to running. I think I should consider thinking about that down the line. I may just ask her to consider co-hosting it with me, but I think she may be much busier these days.

Maybe as I host more down the line I'll have more of an answer to this question. It's kind of a general question so I didn't know which way to go with it, so I tried multiple paths.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question 3: Favorite player that stopped playing?

3. Vanderzant. I was influenced by his play, in my newbie. Funny dude, and has good reads. Kataefi for runner up. Dude also super funny, good player, love his style. X1-12, solid player, showed me stuffs. MADE A FRICKING DIAGRAM FOR ME because ADHD. I'll quote it:

If a question does any of the following, then delete it:

1.) Creates unecessary WIFOM
2.) Has already been answered
3.) Is stupid: ie a question which does not indicate anyones alignment or connections, or is so simple that it gains nothing -i.e saying "are you scum"
4.)is rolefishing

If you find an accusation do the following, if it fails or proves to be useless then delete it:

Think through the possibility of this accusation being true, is it mechanically possible? After that you need to consider the following factors:

1.)What existing discussion there has been on this topic.
-> 1.a)What reasoning there is for this accusation, and what evidence there is to support this
-> 1.b)What reasoning against is there to this accusation and what evidnence is there to support this
-> 1.c)Is it truly scummy? What possible reasons could they have for doing this? At this point you should decided whether something is clear-cut scummy or not. Consider asking for explanations instead of accusing because you still have the option to vote if you aren't satisfied with their responses. Could they merely be wrong instead of scummy? Sometimes (only sometimes) you might suspect someone has a PR and thus its best not to mention something, for example if someone refuses to talk about someone or is calling someone town for no reasons it could be because they have an inno on them or something. Consider noting this down for later, for example if you suspect they do have an inno, or are in a masonry, and they later claim something else, question them upon it.

2.) The likelyhood based on game flavour and set-up of the accusation being true. If you suspect someone is mafia, yet has a cop innocent on them then thats a strong sign they're not mafia.
-> 2.a) At this injuntction you should remember the most important fact about mafia. Scum Lie. If the cop's claim is unverified, or partially verified, then take that into account. For example if 4 players can verify the cop claim and a miller/godfather has already flipped, then an unCC'ed cop should be taken as pretty much true, but if its an unverified claim, then that cop's result should still be an influence, but less solid a fact i.e you should use it as merely one of the factors influencing your decision.

If you find something like this "Well its possible that scum did it to fool us, but we can't tell" then delete it. If you are "just wandering to yourself" or just "thinking aloud" then DON'T If its a general question and there's no answer to it, don't ask it. Look at this from KSSU:"Either he didn't read much (therefore NOT noticing it and other things), or he is playing dumb." That is in no way useful. DONT POST THIS ****.

Once you have condensed your post down by deleting everything I tell you to here, read the post to make sure its actually coherent to anyone who can't see your thought process and try to check for at least basic grammar/spelling mistakes.

Top Bottom