• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Archive (Updated: SEP 19th 2014)

Dgamesia

Smash Rookie

It is time, my brothers*. It is time we abolish this system. Time to end the madness that is MVP. It is time we enter a new era. An era where townie is no longer pitted against townie. Where scumbag is no longer pitted against scumbag. This system has long grown rotten, plaguing our land with its foul roots. Together, let us tear these roots from the very ground beneath us. Let us plant new seeds of brilliance and cohesion (seeds of the statistician perhaps?). Once more our hills will rise and rivers flow strong! It is today that we reclaim our kingdom! For we are legion..for we are Dgamesia!

*and Kary

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
no more mvp

i give us exactly 1 week from today to reach a decision regarding the abolishment of mvps. we can bring this to a vote if necessary but i have faith in the populace to recognize how truly awful this system is. i apologize to everyone in this room cuz when i was young and dumb i pushed their existence and their cancerous presence has stuck with us ever since. it is quite possibly the worst thing ive done to this room behind maybe introducing hydras

20 years from now do you honestly want your children going to school and made fun of by other little kids flashing their golden dice in their face snickering "lmao look at that lame he aint got no mvp" ? to be judged over something so inconsequential?

please dgames. speak up. you have a voice and let it be heard. help us make change or see us in battle. the revolution starts now. CHANGE starts now. and it starts with you

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Can we keep dice as an icon to signify us as a member of the DGames community? Maybe after playing X number of games? And don't limit it to mafia games, please.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
keep dice as a symbol of room membership but get rid of mvps
cuz swords and circus owe me and rake a few :p

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
sounds good to me. i was also thinking we replace this thread with the statistics thread tho incorporating the archive into it

EDIT however i CANNOT guarantee that the dice would be able to be used as a symbol of membership. i can only bring it up higher and fight from there. that said if we gave the dice some sort of concrete criteria along the lines bsl posted for example then ima go ahead and say theyd prolly (pst like 99%) hook it up

EDIT EDIT ideally everyone who already has dice would keep em (cuz theyd prolly already fulfill the requirement) and regulars would obtain them. but really who gives a ****? the focus right now is not on dice but offing the mvp system. i just dont want ****** getting buttmad over the potential of there being no dice should the revolution succeed

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nobody really took the MVP system with merit anymore ever since the forum switch.

I don't care.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think people should still be given credit where credit is due though. A reward system isn't a bad thing and puts some sort of focus into giving your all in order to get the prestiged dice. Call it corny but the whole reason I shaped myself up is because I wanted to prove I could be a gold dice player.

Perhaps something different than MVP?

#HBC | ѕoup

oooh yeah flexin' them dice :muscles:

(this post is why the system we have sucks)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Mmmmm, I never see people brag about their dice on here though. In general for the people that have an ego in dgames I don't think removing the MVP system will change that.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's just really dumb. They're hardly given out nowadays. People don't need a dice reminding them that they did good.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I want to say don't fix what's not broken but I don't think it's significant enough in dgames that i'll care if it's removed or replaced.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
MVP sucks n everything about it sucks. If you did well cool stay doing well, you shouldn't need a reward to motivate you to play, mafias fun regardless n THATS what Gould motivate you.

Totally down with a DGames member postbit. It'll advertise the best room in SWF.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Totally agree with pretty much all the comments so far. Ditch the MVP system in it's official capacity, and maybe give the dice to the Dgames regular members. We ALL know when someone does really well in a game, we don't need a postbit to remind us.

In fact, having more of us out there flashing our dice around might attract more attention to Dgames.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Red dice for a player who has participated in one finished DGame, gold dice for a player who has participated in 5 or 10. Survival irrelevant. Sub-outs don't count, sub-ins do. Pink for 50

If this replaced the current dice entirely, I'd be very happy. This is more relevant than YEEHAH OBTAINED 50 LIKES, and certainly deserves its own kudos. New players would head back out into the forum proper and talk of their great deeds with their lovely dice, bringing in more new blood. And people who exclusively visit DGames would have a cool little symbol that relates them back to the main forum in a relatable, inclusive way ("I've played a DGame!") rather than in an obscure, exclusive way ("Another person on this forum who you don't know told me that I was special!"). I for one would feel better venturing out into the wide world as a Decisive Missionary under those conditions. It's a celebration of a substantial time commitment to something cool.

Put this out as a proposal in its own right, and remove the MVP system as a result. Let's set out to do a cool thing, rather than focusing on removing a bad thing.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I support this movement. People know when they've done well in a mafia game based on the circumstances of the game, the last thing they need is "Well you did great but X and Y happened and Z replaced out so it's not arbitrary award good."

Having them simply be little tokens of appreciations and community togetherness would be much more constructive.

I remember back about a year ago when I thought Nabe and Marshy did a great job playing to the mechanics of my experimental and wanted to give them kudos for it, and the whole world flipped because imaginary dice were involved. I had people who didn't even play the game tell me opinions about it. Doing well in a game should never make other people who weren't even involved somehow feel invalidated because you did well.

Go with the suggestion that Nabe outlined. A dice for playing a game to encourage new players, and a gold dice for the regulars. Everyone can support that, and anyone who is worried about that change in scope diminishing their accomplishments somehow I can tell you very truthfully: I have never looked at a player list in mafia and remembered that X or Y does or does not have dice; I remember how X and Y players did amazing in X or Y game and all the others in between. If you earned your accolades the magic isn't in having the trophy, it's in everyone else already knowing why you had one.

Pink dice hype

Rajam

Smash Champion
I think everyone agrees with eliminating the MVP system. If people still want dices, I think they could be awarded either upon number of games completed or number of games won (replacing out never counts). Something like:

3-5 completed games -> Red Dice
5-20 completed games -> Gold Dice

or

3-5 games won -> Red Dice
5-20 games won -> Gold Dice

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
lol soup just posted a jpeg of dice

uh

im pretty sure dice can be activated in a way similar that grimers and unmods are. so if we do go with the dice/x games format just gimme a lil time to set that in motion. and would newbies be excluded from that?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
10 completed games -> bronze dice
25 completed games -> silver dice
50+ completed games -> gold dice

If we go by amount of games finished.

:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I'm all for ditching the MVP system, as this is supposed to be a team effort right ? I get sometimes teams have all stars, but those types should be happy enough to know that they help other people improve themselves than to do it for a pair of dice under their name. Plus sometimes it's really just about the cohesion town has with itself that everything just falls into place

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
lol and from all the arguments dgames had for mvps more may be had regarding the criteria for the reworking of dice

not that theres anything wrong with that. but it was too hilarious not to note

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol soup just posted a jpeg of dice

uh

im pretty sure dice can be activated in a way similar that grimers and unmods are. so if we do go with the dice/x games format just gimme a lil time to set that in motion. and would newbies be excluded from that?
Give 'em some kind of introductory dice, like just regular white with black dots game dice for trying Dgames in a newbie? I think that would be encouraging, even if they don't decide to continue they get a little reminder of their experience trying out Dgames.

Then move on to the usual Red if they continue on and play say like 1-5 regular games after they try it out?

Gold for the kind of numbers only a regular gets (10-15), something silly like Pink fuzzy dice (Nabe I love that suggestion) for those who have been here as long as Gheb has based on his super high game count suggestions in #1001 (like 25+)

I feel like it should be full games played rather than wins if we keep dice around. We've been down that road before and it's really not necessary. If the dice system is lost entirely instead however, still no major ****s were given that day.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dgamers postbit should be govas face

Top Bottom