• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Archive (Updated: SEP 19th 2014)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's what happens when you play this game for 4.5 years straight :3

Also Ryker gets +6 games because of AM, +3 because of Boat, +2 for ERB, +3 for Meadowsizzle, +4 for murderbush, +7 for RadFic, +2 for Lunar Disco Redheads and +4 for tHe-man; And for the leading man, mastermind, kamen ryker, hard lemonade, brb not posting he gets another +1 each

That adds another +37 games to his 33, which means he has played about as many as I did [if you count the few games I hydrad with JTB].

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
iight

old threads locked. the op has a link to the archive and mvps and can be found at the top of the second page. this thread is a merged version of the statistics thread and from the point onwards in the former archive thread where discussion regarding reworking of mvps/dice **** started going. rajam this also means you have access to the archive and the overall town/mafia/indy win ratio (youll find this at the bottom of post 41) if you wanna update either feel free but if not ill be overlooking em anyway

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Once more: there isn't significant damage being done and there is benefit from the institution of MVPs because people enjoy recognition. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
That's the point, I want to be able to recognize someone without everyone getting buttmad about it.

I had people who never played in my game raging at me for telling some players "I think you did really well". I want to be able to recognize people officially without everyone storming my base and telling me "I never played in this game and am oblivious to the circumstances but I can tell you without a doubt that what X did was not better than Y circumstances in which Z got their MVP and now I'm buttmad about it because someone else having accolades somehow diminishes my own"

They do but if only 1 person gets it, then people will fight over it post game. Or people will not agree with it and rant Or people will agree with it and rant.

I just don't care for it because it adds incentive to do what Circus said rather than what happens in games where no MVP is handed out, where a fanction universally plays well.

It rewards one persons play, not a teams.

I don't support that in a game where team work is far far more valuable than one person trying to run the show by him/herself.
People literally **** brix at the concept of two players having played well as a team enough to both deserve recognition.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Since I literally had nothing better to do I decided to count the amount of sucessfully finished games by some people. I did not count games where the player replaced out ...

[collapse="20 or more games"]Bardull, Chaco, Chibo, Handorin, Riddle - 20
July - 21
Joey, Nicholas1024 - 22
Cello Marl, th3kuzinator - 23
Overswarm, Raziek, Ronike - 24
Dark Horse - 25
Gorf, JTB - 26
Kantrip, Sworddancer, X1-12 - 27[/collapse]

[collapse="30 or more games"]Swiss - 31
Jungle - 32
Ryker - 33
Ranmaru - 34
Nabe - 35
Macman, mentosman8 - 36
Rockin - 39[/collapse]

[collapse="40 or more games"]Zen - 41
frozenflame175 - 44
KevinM - 46
soup - 49
J, Red Ryu - 52
Gheb_01 - 63[/collapse]

It's possible that I miss people or have miscounted for some :3

wow very observant ghebbycakes

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That's the point, I want to be able to recognize someone without everyone getting buttmad about it. I had people who never played in my game raging at me for telling some players "I think you did really well". I want to be able to recognize people officially without everyone storming my base and telling me "I never played in this game and am oblivious to the circumstances but I can tell you without a doubt that what X did was not better than Y circumstances in which Z got their MVP and now I'm buttmad about it because someone else having accolades somehow diminishes my own" People literally **** brix at the concept of two players having played well as a team enough to both deserve recognition.
Get thicker skin. Jesus.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i was wondering why i hadn't hit 20+ games

damn i hydra a lot. i am the best second head. go me.

7x AM
1x Asid Wash
1x Magic Bounce
2x Make it Rain!
1x Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

That's 12 games you've played as hydra.

Xonar has:

4x Legolaz
2x Make it Rain!
1x Rainbow Fingers
1x Spidermang
4x tHe-Man
2x Uguu
1x Zenar

15 games.

Zen also has 15, Swiss has 13, J has 21, Nabe probably has more than 10 as well but his games as No Hetero have been removed upon marshy's request.

Hydras with 3 or more games are:
Inglorious *******, Dr. Riddler, Kreative Whiz Kids, MeadowSizzle, No Lynch, Pink Lemonade, smarboy69 - 3
Legolaz, Axel, Lovably Adorable Kanine, tHe-Man, Moriarty, murderbush, Xastrn - 4
FullMetalLynch - 5
Aggressive Mediation - 6
Chuckie, RadFic - 7

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hydras with 3 or more games are:
Inglorious *******, Dr. Riddler, Kreative Whiz Kids, MeadowSizzle, No Lynch, Pink Lemonade, smarboy69 - 3
Legolaz, Axel, Lovably Adorable Kanine, tHe-Man, Moriarty, murderbush, Xastrn - 4
FullMetalLynch - 5
Aggressive Mediation - 6
Chuckie, RadFic - 7

Good lord, the amount of these that are half ryker.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh. A new thread. No wonder I wasn't getting notifications.

I've hit 20 games? Seems like a lot less. I guess it happens in 8 years.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Looking over this again I realized I was lynched ALOT more than I thought.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I looked into my stats and found that my mafia aligned record is 4:1. I maintain that one loss was actually a joint win with the indy since Tom was part of the mafia. So I'm at a 100% success rate.

Get at me. Rule #1

And yes, I'm still salty about that one game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Every time I see this thread title all I think of is Dance Dance Revolution

WELCOME TO DGR! CHOOSE YOUR SONG

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
GOD DAMN IT

I forgot to go into the room at apex with ddr in it

i'm a failure

but it's ok. I had fun.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
BUMP!!

this can move forward now that i have concrete answers on how this new interface interacts with ****

iight. so theres a distinction when it comes to xenforo and its usergroups. theres 2 aspects to it. the first is the medals that are awarded on completing various ****. anyone who has mvp can view this by clicking on their profile and going to awarded medals. you will see dgames mvp (or ++ depending on what you have) and a brief description on how you got that

we can ALSO have a postbit activated. except we can only have ONE due to admin johns. this means we cant do the old system of red dice applying to ****** with 1 mvp appearing as a postbit and gold appearing for ****** with multiple. if we have a postbit IT HAS TO BE FOR ONE UNIVERSAL REQUIREMENT

we can also change the outline for the medals. this way we can BOTH recognize the current mvp system in addition to slapping on a postbit for whatever requirement we want

so whats it gonna be? i had liked the idea gheb/nabe mentioned earlier about dice postbit being used to make that **** more visible and achieved on x games but if we go that route how many games and what color dice? should the medals shown under ****** profiles stick?

my own opinion is that we keep the mvp **** as is under the medals and have the postbit be based on x (i dunno the number) amount of games completed/hosted. this way we get the best of both worlds cuz mvps are still recognized in some capacity while the community gets to enjoy a universal way to say yo i post in this room on a smash brothers site. i think the colors for the current awarded dice are kept the same while the community postbit can be white. alternatively someone can post different photoshopped colored dice and we can choose. if theres a lot of diverging opinions i can do a poll but thats kind of a pain in the ass and slow but ill do it depending on how much disagreement there is

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So like, we can pretend medals are dice and scrap the dice while we have the medals? I think we would have to see how the medals look like first.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
your wording confuses me. medals and the postbit will BOTH be dice. the medals are currently dice and can only be seen by looking at a ****** profile page as opposed to the postbit we want to implement. heres what they look like

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok, sorry I thought Medals were entirely different, but I get it now.

I'm down with what you proposed. I mean, sure I do wish I could earn gold dice but having a post bit showing how much we contribute also can make me feel good. So I'm down with that. Then people who want to boast about their mvp can just say "You'll see it in my pro" or something. It's more like inside information that other dgamers know to look for, and people outside don't need to look for. And yet people can still see that we play mafia with the games hosted/played thing.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
my own opinion is that we keep the mvp **** as is under the medals and have the postbit be based on x (i dunno the number) amount of games completed/hosted. this way we get the best of both worlds cuz mvps are still recognized in some capacity while the community gets to enjoy a universal way to say yo i post in this room on a smash brothers site. i think the colors for the current awarded dice are kept the same while the community postbit can be white. alternatively someone can post different photoshopped colored dice and we can choose. if theres a lot of diverging opinions i can do a poll but thats kind of a pain in the *** and slow but ill do it depending on how much disagreement there is
's a pri good solution

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well you WOULD be able to still earn red/gold dice. theyd just appear on your profile page and mods would still be encouraged to look out for outstanding play in their games. the x/games completed public postbit would appear on posts next to ssb characters like ghebs lil scale thing representing debaters for example

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
How about a mafiosi postbit for like... 10 completed queue games?
^
10 games sounds like it might be too high.

5 games sounds reasonable to me. It's low enough that people outside DGames can go "I can get a postbit for playing 5 of these? Sure I can try for that!", but it's high enough that people who just sign up for one or two games, and don't stick around, don't get one. If they play 5 games, they'll prolly play more, but it's not a number that seems out of reach to "outsiders".

I approve of White dice postbit, and Red/Gold dice medals.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw yall

the postbit DOES NOT have to be dice. if someone wants to get creative and do some pixel art for like a mafioso lookin dude or some wine then feel free. add some personality into it

EDIT if we do make a new postbit shoot for a 17x17 range

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
btw yall

the postbit DOES NOT have to be dice. if someone wants to get creative and do some pixel art for like a mafioso lookin dude or some wine then feel free. add some personality into it

EDIT if we do make a new postbit shoot for a 17x17 range
I like both of those ideas. If somebody could make that, it'd be pretty sexy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
^
5 games sounds reasonable to me. It's low enough that people outside DGames can go "I can get a postbit for playing 5 of these? Sure I can try for that!", but it's high enough that people who just sign up for one or two games, and don't stick around, don't get one. If they play 5 games, they'll prolly play more, but it's not a number that seems out of reach to "outsiders".
5... 20... 45... 100?

Top Bottom