• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Let's do it, you fool.

:059:
If this hydra is confirmed, just send me a PM or post in the linked thread. I'll then send you a Doodle at some point to help schedule the game.

Hopefully, Ryker is also paired up with someone, eager to see that :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Am dad now, as of Sept. 1st at 10:25 and again at 10:27. Adam and Alex, respectively. Alex is already a speedrunner -- came out in one push.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I mean congratulations and all but am I the only one noticing OS's malevolent expression and how he's holding a glass of water with a straw pointed TOWARD the patient, yet far away from her???

"You can do it honey! You're so strong and beautiful and other platitudes you say to people in labor! Here, have some water -- HA HA HA HA JUST KIDDING. Okay, that was juvenile, I'm sorry -- HA HA HA HA whoops!"

I see the evil behind this seemingly wonderful life-defining moment. You don't fool me.

(In all seriousness, congratulations. May the Overspawn win at life and write autobiographies called "How I Beat All of You")

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel it's like he was taking a sip and then someone was like PHOTO TIME and he in OS fashion just leans in at that moment.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
sadly had to /out of the game cuz i had moved away to college for the first time ever and it was WAY more time consuming than i thought itd be.

but a hydra event sounds AMAZING and str8 up yall should do dgames justice. not to boast but that place made me realize there is REAL ass talent in this place n if we cared more to refine our game we could be real ass threats. my qualifying game was pretty awesome, and it was about half GREAT players and... well half meh - trash. i wish i couldve played out the finals but man.

poist is yall should give it a shot if you can commit to the time. it was an amazing experience.

and personally id nominate tHe-man or swiss & ryker (that IS aggromed right?). if not those pairs id be open to suggestions :)

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I mean congratulations and all but am I the only one noticing OS's malevolent expression and how he's holding a glass of water with a straw pointed TOWARD the patient, yet far away from her???
I think patient is my new favorite word for wife.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Aggressive Mediation is Laundry and I.

tHe-man declined.

Swiss has been MIA my entire life.
thats right yall two were radical fiction. aggro med too tho that hydras pretty g

dude str8 up i think you may be better as a hydra mate than you are as a solo player cuz youre involved with what i think have been the three most synergetic hydras ive ever seen lmao

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
thats right yall two were radical fiction. aggro med too tho that hydras pretty g

dude str8 up i think you may be better as a hydra mate than you are as a solo player cuz youre involved with what i think have been the three most synergetic hydras ive ever seen lmao
I mean, in a hydra, you should be much easier to check as any player. Unless both of you are buns at all the other aspects, the best thing as a hydra mate is to be good at running the thread and communication with your partner.

I just make sure we don't go slinging things around the thread we don't want to get saddled with. Does pretty well as a strategy.

Also, Kat and Vandy was godlike.

Thingyman

Smash Cadet

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yooooo p point is dat ****

i play that **** a couple times a week and ball up. not a huge time commitment if you play it right (be proactive that is) and the game could use more people. im postin this for ****** who see it and thought about it but turned it down

redirect the energy people used to put into mafia one agame at a time (even small ones) rename this ***** to agames n if it catches on over time this room would be back to b3. agames can be tailor made to a smaller crowd and have more room for creativity/independent action over cut and paste mafia. if we had like even...6 dedicated ****** to agames this **** could be poppin tho modding is quite the time constraint. b3 is ballin beyond belief btw . websters recently contacted me to put that **** in the dictionary 2017

swag out

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm down this one deff deserves the try especially for all the effort EE is doing to KEEP IT UP.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DGames average skill level, in general, is leagues above everywhere else I've played. There's good players everywhere, but average skill level is what says the most about a community.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Example of low average skill level

Almost every epicmafia 3man lylo without night actions

"UGH now I have to scumhunt"

Results predictable

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm just curious of what the various aspects are in your opinion. Do you agree that it boils down to the two aspects that OS gave?
I think a better question is what do you believe to be the cause of a high level of play among dgames in particular?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think a better question is what do you believe to be the cause of a high level of play among dgames in particular?
I know I'm pretty new on DGames, and I think that's the main reason that DGames has a high level of skill at Mafia. I've been in this community for a year (plus about a third), and I'm still considered a newer player. Having a minuscule amount of player turnover means that games can possibly stall and not start for a LONG time, but it also means that we have a fairly undiluted concentration of players with lots of in-game experience.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
For my point, I think good mafia play comes from individual thread control, aka controlling how you appear in the game instead of controlling the game itself. I know almost all of my town misylnches came from me doing a horrible job controlling my appearance in the game, normally by going inactive and letting others define it, but other time through social mistakes that make me appear like a prick. Good scum hunting is being able to critically think through options related to why this person would say such and such, or why the mafia would do such and such, and coming up with the plausible solutions. I feel like this is the core of the game, putting on a good appearance and being able to detect bull**** from other players solely through text. There's differences based on your role/alignement, but being good at those two things is critical for every player. Many times a towny can get lynched for their BS even if it's pro-town BS if they can't control how the town views it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom