• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i've been busy playing octopath traveler and fortnite

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah, the skype days were always really fun. I really like it, the characters are all really great(except pancakes). I'm in the middle of the 7th palace and I kind of lost the motivation to finish that last umph, but I'll get to it one of these days.

Makato is my girlfriend and she's 100000% best girl. Hifumi and Haru are girls I could see dating on a second or third play through. I really wanted to like Ann but her social links got kind of weird, Futaba is really cringy but in a good way.

Ryuji is best boy though.
You're so close tho. You can probably beat it in another 2 hours or so if you don't stop for the grind.

Yeah Hifumi and Haru are great. I like the earnest types usually. I'm on the same boat as you when it comes to Ann. It felt unatural most of the time and that's a shame as she's is a fun character.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am very curious! How has everyone been? I've been gone for so long from forums since my life accelerated a lot quicker than I was anticipating, though I am ecstatic to be playing mafia again on homefield.

Anyone have any fun adventures or stories they'd like to share? Even new people if you don't know me! I would love to get to know everyone in the room again and try to be an active member of the community.

Especially because I want to come back to smash competitively after playing the Smash Ultimate at my work conference. God, the game is what I missed from the series. I love Inkling, Ness, Kirby but omg Bayo nerf is real. Also Link feels clunky and clumsy as always in a fighting game ;_______; I need to play my boy Lucas when it's finally out, but ugh what a tease to get to play Ness and not Lucas.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I am very curious! How has everyone been? I've been gone for so long from forums since my life accelerated a lot quicker than I was anticipating, though I am ecstatic to be playing mafia again on homefield.

Anyone have any fun adventures or stories they'd like to share? Even new people if you don't know me! I would love to get to know everyone in the room again and try to be an active member of the community.

Especially because I want to come back to smash competitively after playing the Smash Ultimate at my work conference. God, the game is what I missed from the series. I love Inkling, Ness, Kirby but omg Bayo nerf is real. Also Link feels clunky and clumsy as always in a fighting game ;_______; I need to play my boy Lucas when it's finally out, but ugh what a tease to get to play Ness and not Lucas.
Hey, J! Been doing pretty well. College-ing has been pretty good, and I got a sweet internship over last summer. I'm considering buying a Switch for Ultimate (and Breath of the Wild, and pray they come out with a new F-Zero to break the fourteen year drought), but we'll see how much money I make with my side job before the new Smash comes out. Minimum wage of $7.25/hr is kinda demoralizing after working a $12/hr internship for 40 hours a week lol. But yeah, glad to have you back!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Moved to Austin, Texas from San Francisco, been on the job search for a bit. I’m moved into my own apartment finally (California rent prices can suck it), just really hoping my career takes off again. Still studying for the CPA exam but procrastinating with it quite a bit lol.

Considering getting an MBA done or pursuing some kind of graduate school masters program, but I have no idea if I should go ahead with it. There’s so many programs out there but I don’t want to chance it unless I can get some kind of guaranteed job/income from it; really don’t want to be in a ton of student loan debt without a job even after completing an MBA...

Regarding Smash Ultimate: I’m still an avid Melee player but I might play Ultimate. It would be pretty cool to be one of the best at Ultimate and then make it big with Twitch streaming or something; new games like Ultimate are a great opportunity to attain a lasting audience. Streaming aside, really looking forward to trying out K. Rool and some of the other cast members.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

HI J! Since the last time I was active on Dgames I've graduated from college, eventually got my first office job, and then later on got my own place. Nothing super fun but all has been very exciting. Why have you been up to? Definitely want to get into Ultimate when it comes out, and am super jealous that you got the chance to play it.

Also has anyone been playing the Torna DLC for Xenoblade and or Spiderman? Both are very cool.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
HI J! Since the last time I was active on Dgames I've graduated from college, eventually got my first office job, and then later on got my own place. Nothing super fun but all has been very exciting. Why have you been up to? Definitely want to get into Ultimate when it comes out, and am super jealous that you got the chance to play it.

Also has anyone been playing the Torna DLC for Xenoblade and or Spiderman? Both are very cool.
I played Spiderman now I'm focusing on DQ11. Though I'm afraid I might not finish hearing about the length of the game worries me that I'll get burned out or move on to something else before that point.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
a ******* game is... well... here's a link that explains it's better

I love making them, or at least, games with stupidly powerful/fun roles.
oooooooooh

yaaaaaaaa

just gonna say it flat out

not the best time for it

we had a really really really stupid bastardy game that blew up everything and a lotta people hosted by wolfie here

just gonna be flat out honest, not the best time for a ******* game

though for stupidly powerful and fun roles thats fine actually, just avoid bastardly stuff such as host purposely giving misinformation without player involvment, hidden roles, **** like that

we often play crazy role games where everyone or most players have a power role to use anyway, so as long as ya don't go full bastardly then ya will fit along in with us :V

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
oooooooooh

yaaaaaaaa

just gonna say it flat out

not the best time for it

we had a really really really stupid bastardy game that blew up everything and a lotta people hosted by wolfie here

just gonna be flat out honest, not the best time for a ******* game

though for stupidly powerful and fun roles thats fine actually, just avoid bastardly stuff such as host purposely giving misinformation without player involvment, hidden roles, **** like that

we often play crazy role games where everyone or most players have a power role to use anyway, so as long as ya don't go full bastardly then ya will fit along in with us :V
Please tell me more; I'm curious. If you want to DM me you can.

TBH, full ******* game is awful. I used to enjoy it more, but when you get to the point where you're not even playing Mafia, that's just boring. I want people playing Mafia and having fun.

BTW, what's the biggest games hosted here?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
This was the game.
https://smashboards.com/threads/westeros-mafia-night-6-endgame-the-north-remembers.457074/

Anyways, the biggest problem with it was the hidden cult leader that was also put into a unaffilated team as a fake member unknown to the team itself.
vaanrose vaanrose told me about this now and I'll check it out but...

I'm done with that type of stuff. If you get told you're an alignment, you're that alignment. For that matter, if I do any cults, I WILL ask you before you accept an alignment change. The only type of exception would be any Town or Mafia usurper.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Please tell me more; I'm curious. If you want to DM me you can.

TBH, full ******* game is awful. I used to enjoy it more, but when you get to the point where you're not even playing Mafia, that's just boring. I want people playing Mafia and having fun.

BTW, what's the biggest games hosted here?
well basically in short, it was a multi team free for all game based off game of thrones, there were 4 teams of 3 and 2 teams of 2 and one guy on their own, and the goal of all the players was to basically eliminate all but one team and then mutally coexist with the other last standing team for both of your teams to win, with the guy on himself that if he and one other team survive, the guy on his own instantly wins by himself

however the host decided to add the white walkers in the game, and he wanted the white walkers to survive, so he hid the night king as a fake member part of one of the teams of 3 (making that team an actual team of 2) and confirmed to the other players that the night king who has a fake role is one of their allies while having a seperate role all to themselves, basically giving them 2 perma allies

and every night the night king would revive a dead player to join the white walkers, a dead player who would not be revealed to everyone what so ever, would still be part of the graveyard, and would be able to help the night king

and the night king would also be able to revive one special player to actually have a role in acting against all the players in the game, while stil lbeing dead, untargetable, and in the graveyard. who can kill a player and make them join the white walkers by force, and protect the night king through anything even a lynch

and the night king would insta win if the white walkers out number the living, and no player ever would have any idea the night king existed at all beliving its a diplomic game. and the night king also had death proof as well

so in short basically the night king has perfect fake claim, would never get lynched because he has allies who were told by the host to protect them, no body would have any idea he was raising an army, his army would have full access to all information in the game possible because their part of the graveyard and could tell the king, would be able to raise another whole player and kill them at the same time, and survive 2 lynches/attacks at night

it got so bad and the rioting were so terrible the hosts had to basically just straight up come clean to all the players still alive and it caused complete mutalism to eliminate the king, who had both death proofs and would never get lynch if the host didn't come out to admit it and the dead players

most sympathies to the guy on his own, and the 2 memebers that were part of the fake team with the night king, cause those two guys would been impossible to win as they were told to keep the night king alive which would make them lose, and the guy on their own the night king had all their ablities, plus more and allies

it was a really really terrible game

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oh ya i could of just linked it....lul i typed it all out ^-^'
vaanrose vaanrose told me about this now and I'll check it out but...

I'm done with that type of stuff. If you get told you're an alignment, you're that alignment. For that matter, if I do any cults, I WILL ask you before you accept an alignment change. The only type of exception would be any Town or Mafia usurper.
cults are a pretty bitter pill at the moment, praline tried to do a cult game in inspiration...it was...well a hosting disaster :/

cults can work and i don't think its a problem itself, they just need a fine comb or a balance act

holder did a cult game where every single player was a cult leader, and that was a ****ing blast of a free for all

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
oh ya i could of just linked it....lul i typed it all out ^-^'

cults are a pretty bitter pill at the moment, praline tried to do a cult game in inspiration...it was...well a hosting disaster :/

cults can work and i don't think its a problem itself, they just need a fine comb or a balance act

holder did a cult game where every single player was a cult leader, and that was a ****ing blast of a free for all
Cult's in general are a tricky balancing act. I'm not even sure I'll do one of those, if at all. I'm the type of person that doesn't just write a setup and leaves it in the freezer for six months, so I'll definitely see what goes on and make it balanced so that, at the very least, it's fair for all factions.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I played Spiderman now I'm focusing on DQ11. Though I'm afraid I might not finish hearing about the length of the game worries me that I'll get burned out or move on to something else before that point.
Yeah people seem to think that longer games are better games but if a game stops being fun you shouldn't finish it, don't feel like you need to.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Cult's in general are a tricky balancing act. I'm not even sure I'll do one of those, if at all. I'm the type of person that doesn't just write a setup and leaves it in the freezer for six months, so I'll definitely see what goes on and make it balanced so that, at the very least, it's fair for all factions.
sounds good to me

only thing i ask, is that you let people know its a cult game, before they sign up to play

that burned me quite badly >->

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I have a good Idea for the cult game: Two players are in the game, one's a cult leader the other isn't. Cult leader wins if he can recruit the other player before the player guesses who the cult leader is.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
sounds good to me

only thing i ask, is that you let people know its a cult game, before they sign up to play

that burned me quite badly >->
NO CULT GAME PERIOD.

And, if there is a cult, I not only force people to allow to answer whether they want to be recruited or not (and no Mafia recruits, since that's just memeworthy), I also counterbalance it with say, a town member knowing "There is a scum conversion role in play"

Also, while we're at it

NO DEATH MILLERS/LAWYERS.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
NO CULT GAME PERIOD.

And, if there is a cult, I not only force people to allow to answer whether they want to be recruited or not (and no Mafia recruits, since that's just memeworthy), I also counterbalance it with say, a town member knowing "There is a scum conversion role in play"

Also, while we're at it

NO DEATH MILLERS/LAWYERS.
oh lol i never heard or seen a scum conversion lol

all cults been third party and third party only, or the main focus of the game removing mafia entirely

wats a death miller/lawyer?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
oh lol i never heard or seen a scum conversion lol

all cults been third party and third party only, or the main focus of the game removing mafia entirely

wats a death miller/lawyer?
an awful role that I've used before in games I've hosted.

"A rather controversial twist is the Death Miller, whose alignment is shown as "Mafia" by the Moderator upon death. This has been argued and discussed in Ethics Threads as a source of distrust in the Moderator, which most people feel should not be tolerated. Thus, the Death Miller is an particularly scarcely-used role even in ******* mod games. "

Top Bottom