• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Albums? all time would probably be(in some sort of order)
The Who-Tommy(Quadrophenia is musically more complex/better overall, but Tommy I like better)
Black Sabbath-Live Evil
AC/DC-Back in Black
Morley Crue-Girls Girls Girls
Metallica-S&M
The Rolling Stones-Exile on Main Street
Reel Big Fish-Our Live Album is Better then Your Live Album
and I can't even figure out the last two, too may to choose from.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Who's Next though.

:059:
It's up there. I was trying to get all different bands. Also Rock Operas.
Albums? all time would probably be(in some sort of order)
The Who-Tommy(Quadrophenia is musically more complex/better overall, but Tommy I like better)
Black Sabbath-Live Evil
The Wall-Pink Floyd
AC/DC-Back in Black
Morley Crue-Girls Girls Girls
Metallica-S&M
The Rolling Stones-Exile on Main Street
Reel Big Fish-Our Live Album is Better then Your Live Album
and I can't even figure out the last two, too may to choose from.
how in ****s name did I forget this one though?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
guess i gotta get in on this
My thoughts exactly.

Was originally trying not to repeat any artists, but that didn't feel honest. Left off some really good stuff as a result. As it is, I even left off some other stuff I love from some of the artists featured for the sake of variety.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
we've already established that me and you are practically the same person jerkus but still two national albums and brand new is :thumbsup:

#HBC | ѕoup

im gonna be real here for a moment some of you are ****ing grandpas when it comes to this music business like holy hell

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Scary kids scaring kids :D
???

I know who they are, but why bring them up?

My own music taste does tend to skew more modern as well (as is obvious from the fact that my favorite albums list only features one album that wasn't released within the last 10 years). But there's nothing wrong with the classics. I'm guessing that a lot of people who have a genuine love for The Beatles and The Who and all that were probably introduced to them at a young age, so they were able to grow up with them and attach memories. One of my best friends listens to tons of classic rock, and that's mainly because her parents and older brother just played that stuff around the house all the time. I never had that, so I would just stumble across new stuff I liked. Which meant that I ended up listening to a lot of garbage (not the band) until my late teens/early twenties.

I appreciate The Beatles and The Beach Boys and Queen and all of them, but I don't have that real, deep affection for them that I have for other artists that I've had to discover myself.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
???

I know who they are, but why bring them up?

My own music taste does tend to skew more modern as well (as is obvious from the fact that my favorite albums list only features one album that wasn't released within the last 10 years). But there's nothing wrong with the classics. I'm guessing that a lot of people who have a genuine love for The Beatles and The Who and all that were probably introduced to them at a young age, so they were able to grow up with them and attach memories. One of my best friends listens to tons of classic rock, and that's mainly because her parents and older brother just played that stuff around the house all the time. I never had that, so I would just stumble across new stuff I liked. Which meant that I ended up listening to a lot of garbage (not the band) until my late teens/early twenties.

I appreciate The Beatles and The Beach Boys and Queen and all of them, but I don't have that real, deep affection for them that I have for other artists that I've had to discover myself.
the top left of that album 3x3 wasn't an album of theirs?
I'll listen to modern stuff, but it's the harder stuff(avenged sevenfold, FFDP, Disturbed, etc) more so then electronica, house music, or pop.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, I realize my list is extremely white.

Shoutouts to Ye, The Weeknd, Kendrick, Gambino, Janelle Monae and Thriller-period Michael Jackson.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Nah, that's The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me by Brand New.

Broke my 16-year-old mind when I heard it the first time.
My bad my bad.

I never implied it was worse, all I'm implying is that there's plenty of modern stuff that you would like and you would be broadening your tastes than sitting in your rocker chair headbangin' to Motley Crue.
I have been spreading out my tastes of late, but I still prefer things with a heavier edge to it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The Devil and God is a flawless album. Every song meshes together with one another and just brings a whole new layer of emotion track after track. There isn't really a distinct theme to the album, but if you can't feel Lacey screaming at the top of his lungs "I'll never get anything right" in Degausser then I don't think you're human. If you don't contemplate the message in "Jesus Christ" at least once then you weren't paying attention enough. If you can't hear the chords screaming in agony in "Limousine" after Lacey introduces the heavy riff simply with an undertone repeating of "I said I loved you so much, but do me a favor, baby don't reply. Because I can dish it out, but I can't take it" then I think you're deaf. And then, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can't really condense a feeling as to what I get when I listen to it, but if I could, I'd say that I could re listen to it over and over and over and still feel the same thing I felt when I first listened to it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
soup, I think we should get a room before we spray our love for Brand New in everyone else's faces.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know what's sad? I haven't bought cd's in a while. Sometimes I forget about albums totally at all. One day I intend to get most of em back.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm just trying to educate the masses. I think too many people label Brand New as just some dumb emo band when I certainly haven't felt that at all and Lacey takes on some really heavy subjects in his songs and sings with such passion that it's almost euphorical at times. I still get goosebumps hearing Handcuffs sometimes.

I'd drive my car off of the bridge
If I knew that you weren't inside
Put the pedal to the floor, who could ask for more
A fantastic way to kill some time

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
****... now I remember some really good manga I forgot about.

#HBC | ѕoup

While I'm still on the subject. Daisy sucks because Lacey literally just screams almost everything but it's kinda like hearing a toddler cry out for his binky instead of a man who's actually in pain.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm just trying to educate the masses. I think too many people label Brand New as just some dumb emo band when I certainly haven't felt that at all and Lacey takes on some really heavy subjects in his songs and sings with such passion that it's almost euphorical at times. I still get goosebumps hearing Handcuffs sometimes.

I'd drive my car off of the bridge
If I knew that you weren't inside
Put the pedal to the floor, who could ask for more
A fantastic way to kill some time

Nothing is wrong with brand new. It's just really easy to stick to what you are already familiar with. It's the same way with tv shows, videogames, movies, etc. Yet I'm open to anything, really. Nothing wrong with going back and listening to some old tunes though. (Nor listening to something new, which can turn into something old)

I may have misread your message though so sorry. I'm reading manga

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's awesome. Though I fear for what you might have thought of it as a stand alone song. Whole album works better in context.

EDIT: This was at WATT

Top Bottom