• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Like Kripp says, D3 pvp system is garbage.. The Exile one is already better. You cant even just choose to pvp at anytime.. you have to look in the public chat which no one uses and he has to join your game in order for you to fight him. It's a terrible hassle and obviously the social aspect of D3 is non-existent.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
D3 PvP was fun for like 40 minutes and now I'll probably never play it again. From what I gathered DH are god tier and Barbarians can't handle Monks or DH at all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If Iggys gear is anything like the last time I played with him he certainly doesn't need better gear >_> lmao.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer

Finally crafted something good. Current crafting stats:
Amulet: 108
Bracer: 19
Shoulder: 8
Gloves: 137

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Damn thats a nice item. I don't even have the dex glove recipe yet, only str. Are you going to use that on your monk? Won't that mess up your spirit regen needs?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'll use it in my non TR set, since that ones OWE as a lightning res monk.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, I don't have 4 piece Legacy nats or a leveled DH still. 4 piece Legacy Nats is too expensive for me to want it just for PvP, since I don't think Id be playing a DH anyway.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I quit Diablo3 after a month. I'd rather play nothing than D3.

Even if you somewhat enjoy it you should still quit because Blizzard doesn't deserve any support.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wut? Blizzard has been one of my favorite game creators for over 10 years.

Also, when was the last time you played? It has been significantly improved since release

Zoler

Smash Ace
Wut? Blizzard has been one of my favorite game creators for over 10 years.

Also, when was the last time you played? It has been significantly improved since release
Blizzard is not Blizzard anymore. This happened like 2-3 years ago.

I did a huge mistake to even try Diablo 3 since they already ****ed up WoW and Starcraft...

Blizzard is kinda turning into EA games.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A year ago I agreed with you, but they have done a lot to improve both sc2 and d3. HotS looks really sick actually. Within the same month, PvP hit D3, clan functionality hit sc2 and FINALLY SOMEONE WHO IS IGNORING YOU CAN'T SEND YOU MESSAGES

Tiny152

Smash Rookie
That announcement reminded me that I actually spent $60 on D3 at release. But since I'm hearing good things, maybe it's time to download it again?

Tiny152

Smash Rookie
I guess compared to its horrible launch, things have gotten better. I'm interested in PvP.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't care that much about the company, I just find farming act 3 500 million times a day to be boring as hell >_>. Maps in PoE is exactly the end game content I'm looking for in an ARPG.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I just blared Castlevania music to spice things up and increase the longevity of playing Diablo III. ...surprisingly? It fits well. For those with headsets, you should try it sometime.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't care that much about the company, I just find farming act 3 500 million times a day to be boring as hell >_>. Maps in PoE is exactly the end game content I'm looking for in an ARPG.
How do you handle only having like 4 skills, though?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Eh. not really. There is a pretty good route in act 2 now though that focuses on drops more than exp, TR monk is probably the most efficient at running it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVXLl3ZT2Q

The only thing that's changed is you can carry NV stacks between acts. I mean I guess that means there's some potential with swinging an act 3 run into a little of act 4 since you'd have 5 stacks but I don't know of anyone that has extensively tested that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You have 7 slots in PoE I think.
Yeah but theres only like 12 skills for each attribute. I guess I was exaggerating, but I just find the lack of skills to be boring. The maps are very d2-esq but the gameplay isn't as good IMO.

I hear you can reasonably farm other acts now, is that true?
Yeah you can farm all the acts and make it as hard or easy as you want. Generally the idea is to play at the highest monster power you can do without slowing yourself down significantly.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah you can farm all the acts and make it as hard or easy as you want. Generally the idea is to play at the highest monster power you can do without slowing yourself down significantly.
Ya I understand that. I'm talking most efficient. I haven't touched the game in quite some time, but I had a pretty decked out monk last time I was on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/UTDZac-1416/hero/26079942

I was just curious if other acts are just as efficient (able to be farmed) as Act 3. I've done so much Act 3 farming...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think it's a good complaint, the gameplay in Exile isnt anywhere near as polished like D3. You can't even see how much damage you deal on the mobs and the mobs themselves are way too simple. You fight a lot of same monsters in all acts but they just have different abilities, monsters aren't that exciting to fight honestly. I mean the feeling of owning a monster isnt the same either, there's no feeling really, you don't see the monsters fly everywhere or get cut to pieces. I think it's pretty important when you fight a lot of the same monsters.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
What was he using in that run? That cheat to control 4 characters at once... kinda lame
From everything blizzard has said about their stance on multiboxing, it seems what he's doing is legit.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How do you handle only having like 4 skills, though?
I like using 7 skills and 4+ support gems on each as opposed to just WW and Sprint...

I like having to think and plan out my build carefully.

I like running through various content rather than the same act over and over.

....The first thing I said about PoE is that the combat doesn't feel nearly as good as D3. But it's an ARPG. I don't play ARPGs for the combat so it's not a big deterrent from the game for me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That makes sense. I play games for the feel and control. I played PoE and had fun, but I eventually got bored with the limited skills. I like d3 because there are many more skills to play with, ~20 for every class times 6 runes for each (some give minor changes, others drastically change the skill). I definitely get bored of the maps though, PoE did that a lot better. I like the crafting system in PoE better too.

Zoler

Smash Ace
The combat is only annoying because you have low attack speed in the beginning, if you actually get your ass over like lvl 20, you will notice can easily kite and move around. Of course it's gonna be clunky with 0,5 attacks/sec -.-

Top Bottom