• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamonds in the Rough: The South Team at FC

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Since Drew isn't going to FC this year I got lucky enough to be named the Captain of the South Team this year for the FC6 crew battle.

This means I need 15 good people to play on the for the south, so I"m going to use Drew's qualifications from last year, since they're there.

Basically they must meet three qualifications...

1. Actually going to FC6

2. Are good

3. Are actually from the South

#2 is nice and #3 is kind of a necessity but #1 is the most important part right now.

BASICALLY GUARANTEED SPOTS:

Forward
Taj
Wobbles
Caveman
Xelic
KeepSpeedN
DaShizWiz

So who else is going? Let me know

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well you said it yourself, there's nothing authentic about me or my Peach. I just steal **** from others.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Austin, given your lackluster tournament record I can't offer you a spot on the team; I'm looking for members of the team with a consistent track of high-profile tournament showings and victories over good players.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Austin, given your lackluster tournament record I can't offer you a spot on the team; I'm looking for members of the team with a consistent track of high-profile tournament showings and victories over good players.
Lol, I thought you were just looking for good players? Anyway, I'd like volunteer, and I have fairly recent tournaments victories over Rob$, Zulu, and Mr. C. I will soon have 3 MM victories over SOS too. :chuckle: Btw, Austin better than I am. Also, if you put me in vs any Marth, I can guarantee a victory.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
caveman will probably have to go home after the first day b/c of work IF he can even go...

also smiles might be going :)

also sos will be south again by then.

Mr.C

Smash Master
after you beat me that tourney jf i 2-3 stocked the next two tourneys =P

gl south tho

artarian

Smash Journeyman
well, i am going, but i dont think im good enough. all i am saying is that i am going.....if you need a super awesome israeli jew on your team, im your man...betch

on a side note....matt, i think you really need to stop bashing SOS. youve gone around to everyone saying how he sucks now based off the vids youve watched and how you will take all his money in those MMs. this is definitely not very, well, not sure what the right word to use here, so i guess ill use a few. its not very nice, respectful, fair....SOS is some one you consider your friend, all that DK love and ****. i assume that you at least used to respect him, hopefully you still do. and if these characteristics still hold true, it is basically very uncool for you to go around to people you know and bash SOS and say how you are going to own him in your MMs. you can never be sure of how something will happen (may i mention the MajinLink MM?). never assume so much about some1's skill whom you haven't seen in, idk, a year now? you come off as very arrogant and assholish when you go around saying such things. so before you go to bed tonight, just think about this. what would happen if you were to lose those MMs? you would come off as a complete douchebag, and im sure you dont want to look like that. and for future notice, you should never go around and bash some1 and say how you will own them, no matter if youve played them recently or not. hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully i got everything out that i wanted to say, so yeah.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Zev, Chill the F**k out. SOS knows I'm only joking. We've been friends for years and we've trash talked to each other many times. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just having fun. I know he doesn't care. If he beats me, he'll rub it in my face and I'll let him. That's just how it is. And I've only told a couple people about those vids.

And I never ever said he sucked. All I said was that based on those vids he seemed like he wasn't as good as I remembered. Seriously, I appreciate you trying to teach me the error of my ways, but SOS and I go way back, and neither of us care if one bashes the other. SOS is too cool to worry about that.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
Zev, Chill the F**k out. SOS knows I'm only joking. We've been friends for years and we've trash talked to each other many times. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just having fun. I know he doesn't care. If he beats me, he'll rub it in my face and I'll let him. That's just how it is. And I've only told a couple people about those vids.

And I never ever said he sucked. All I said was that based on those vids he seemed like he wasn't as good as I remembered. Seriously, I appreciate you trying to teach me the error of my ways, but SOS and I go way back, and neither of us care if one bashes the other. SOS is too cool to worry about that.

matt, i dont need to chill out, as everything i said above was in a cool and calm demeanor. youve asked me time and time again to let you know when to "shut up" and stuff like, remember all the old naruto ****, and then the time at jester when you said you appreciated how david and i told you to better yourself and not how others did? well im doing it yet again.

whether you are buddy buddy with SOS or not, you are saying some hurtful things behind his back to your fellow Texans. how are we supposed to know your relationship with him? all we get out of it is something along the lines of: "**** man, why are you being so harsh/jerkish/arrogant/etc etc." i saw the nonsense going on youtube and you are only hurting yourself more when you say things like "My DK gets FLT's Marth to 1 stock, and beats every other Marth in TX." Matt, come on, even i have started to beat you DK, not consistently of course, but i am definitely giving you a run for your money, so to speak. By saying that you can bring Wes's Marth to 1 stock (without any stipulations), you are hyping yourself up and making yourself look like an ***. Not only do you hardly ever play Wes, let alone in a tournament, you hardly ever beat him. That sounds harsh, but its the truth, Wes is a prodigy, just too good. Only a select few, esp Texas, can beat him, especially consistently.

Also, saying things like this is just wrong as well, "Emerican has a pretty good Falcon, but the SOS I knew would've won handily." When you showed me that vid, you said "and this falcon isn't really that good anyway. I'd say just a little better than mine, and I don't have one, lol." Not only are you going back on yourself, being a hypocrite, you are bashing some1 else's skill based off one vid youve seen.

You are also assuming that since SOS used to be so amazing when he was in TX, that every1 else he plays, people you dont know, must not be good when you really have no idea. Its like when you used to say things like "If its an itachi or kimi, then ill win" when referencing matches in Naruto. You played me a lot and felt that my itachi and kimi were very good, so much so that you instantly labeled every1 else's itachi/kimi as obsolete, solely because you would lose to mine. Not only do you come off as an ***, but you are also making me look like a god or some ****. If i were to play some1, and lose, it would make me look arrogant when i had no association with your "praise" for me. Same thing goes for SOS, that guy is bashing him now though he doesnt know that he used to be awesome and what not. He also started bashing Wes's marth, etc etc.

I am just trying to show you something about yourself. I dont know if you noticed, but when we have played smash the last couple of times, i have been incredibly silent. Lately you have been making me incredibly frustrated. Whenever we play together, lets say Marth vs DK, im sure you go in thinking you are going to win, but i cant blame you on that part, overall, you are better than me right now. But when you complain and shrug and sigh and all this different stuff when every tiny little thing goes wrong, it gets really annoying matt. So much so that i dont know if i can/want to play with you alone anymore. i just cant stand it. and then after a match of you barely winning, you just let out a sigh of relief. you also say things like "your style is really weird" which is limiting my skill. saying that you only lost to me because my style is awkward is totally unfair to me. i have to go right now, so im cutting it short. peace

**edit** i was gonna separate it out and such, but my roommate and i wanted to go to Kerbey Lane, so i just stopped writing, but i think i got most of what i wanted to say out, and now i made it a little easier on the eyes. Matt, i recommend you reread it again.

Bailey

Smash Hero
^ Nice essasy but I am going to have to deduct points for no indents or capitalization of proper nouns such as Matt. Also grammar is an eh so

2/5

Next time more outside information.

Mr.C

Smash Master
this is effing smash forums lol.... indents,capitalization and proper nouns are for noobs

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
That's cutting it short? O_O

And how is saying your style is weird limiting it? I tell you how much you've improved and how much you surprise me at least as often as I say you have a weird style. I apologize for telling you to chill out, i took what you said too personally. Also, I figured you would know me well enough by now to realize that I was exaggerating saying that his Falcon was only a bit better than mine. I'm rarely serious about those kinds of things. I realize now I need to choose the things I say more carefully because not everyone realizes I'm not being 100% serious. And that post was way too long for me to read entirely, so I just skimmed thru it, but I agree with what you said, I just want you to realize I wasn't really serious.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
JF i'm going to teach you something, so please listen up.

nd that post was way too long for me to read entirely, so I just skimmed thru it
this is actually rude of you. zev took the time to write his huge response out. he wanted to try and teach you how to act in an appropriate manner, and you sort of shrug it off and don't even read it entirely?

that's called being rude. so please read his post in its entirety.

second, quit acting like people just misunderstand you all the time.

you say this:

I realize now I need to choose the things I say more carefully because not everyone realizes I'm not being 100% serious.
but just admit that you ARE in fact an extremely cocky, arrogant individual by nature. the first step to fixing your attitude is to admit it.

all i see you do is go "no i didn't mean that at all i'm just joking i'm just exaggerating." just take the criticism like a man and admit it first. you can't fix your ways before you admit it.

The fact of the matter is, JF, basically everyone finds you to be irritating. No joke. You're just an unpleasant person to be around because with you it's always about "i'm better than you". you take everything so ****ing seriously and you have this elitist attitude towards people you deem inferior to you in smash. don't believe me? too bad...but it's the truth.

quit with this "you all misunderstand me" bull ****. no, we understand you quite well JF. just ADMIT it and learn from this experience. people are trying to help you attain a level of social adeptness deemed appropriate by our standards, and believe me it's not as though our standards are super high.

We expect people to be reasonable, rational, pleasant, and non-elitist when it comes to ssbm and sorry but as of now you do not fit the bill.

you honestly need to severely change your attitude if you want people to start respecting you more.

please quit copping out when you're on the losing end of an argument by saying bull *** like this:

I just want you to realize I wasn't really serious.
and maybe people will start to respect you a little more.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
... it's not bull****. I appreciate what you're telling me, but I am not cocky. often times I don't think before I speak, but I am not cocky. And I wasn't making a cop out by saying that. Also, I only skimmed thru Zev's post because it's pretty much telling me things he's already told me, I'm just too slow to put it into to practice. I know my faults, and I am trying to work on them, but it's not that easy for me. Please meet me and talk to me in person before you assume I am "cocky by nature" or other things like that.

Also, I'm not elitist at all. I don't deem anyone inferior, I don't give a ****. I've been on both sides of that issue before. I've treated people badly because I was being elitist, and I've had people treat me badly because of elitism, but I've learned from that and those people who know me know I'm not elitist. As I said, sometimes I speak without thinking, and I apologize for that, I'm trying to work on it, but it's not that easy. And a lot of people DO misunderstand me. That's not a copout at all.

Also, if everyone finds me irritating to be around, then why do I have friends? Why do I have people that are willing to hang out with me? Maybe because they know me better and realize that at times I can be irritating, but it's not intentional, and I try to fix it whenever I can. Also, perhaps, I'm really not that bad to be around after all.

Also, can we please just stop cluttering DoH's thread with this stupid *** talk. I'm sorry for whatever I said that may have offended someone, I did not mean it. Now, I just want to get back to discussing candidates for the South Team at FC.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately i think its too late for the thread to go back to the original....Landon, ani mitztaer aval ani lo yacholti lachiir kol ah charah ahzeh kachah. (ask me on aim/PM/Facebook what that means later)

also, i edited my original long post...yeah

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
... it's not bull****.
Wrong. Until you admit your problems you cannot fix them.

but I am not cocky.
Wrong. An overwhelming majority of individuals who have met you in real life believe you to be extremely cocky...almost irritatingly so.

And I wasn't making a cop out by saying that
Wrong. By saying "I didn't really mean that" or "I wasn't being serious," you're making excuses for your arrogant attitude.

Please meet me and talk to me in person before you assume I am "cocky by nature" or other things like that.
Please..get a clue.

Also, I'm not elitist at all.
Wrong. An overwhelming majority of individuals who have met you feel that you are a smash elitist.

I don't deem anyone inferior, I don't give a ****.
Wrong. Let me give you a fresh, pertinent example. In SOS vs Emerican you made the following comment:

"Emerican has a pretty good Falcon, but the SOS I knew would've won handily."

By saying "the SOS I knew would've won handily" you are automatically assuming that SOS is better than emerican with total disregard to emerican's tournament performances. You're just being incredibly arrogant.

Funny thing is, apparently you made this comment right afterwards "behind the scenes", according to artarian's previous post:

JF :and this falcon isn't really that good anyway. I'd say just a little better than mine
and I don't have one lol

"And this falcon isn't really that good anyway"? So which is it, JF?

"Emerican has a pretty good Falcon" or "this falcon isn't really that good anyway, it's better than mine and i don't have one"

You're acting like your usual elitist, arrogant self in the latter comment. Are you going to cop out again and act as though you "didn't really mean it?"

Did I interpret your latter comment in an unfair way? That's what you usually say. That's precisely what I mean when I say you are not man enough to admit that you can be totally cocky sometimes.

Did I "misunderstand" you? I think your words are pretty clear. You said emerican is not "really that good anyway, it's better than mine and I don't have one"

The comment "It's better than mine and I don't have one" is jeeringly disdainful. That's just a fact.

Let me expand upon one of artarian's points. Apparently, you attribute your losses to him to his "weird marth style." It's just inconceivable that you don't realize this, but by suggesting to someone that they defeat you solely because they have a "weird" play style is, frankly, pretty rude. You're devaluing artarian's wins by making comments like that.

and I've had people treat me badly because of elitism, but I've learned from that and those people who know me know I'm not elitist.
Wrong. If you're not going to listen to me when I say that you have an elitist attitude, that you're cocky, arrogant, rude at times, then you're just foolish. I can guarantee that you'll be hard pressed to derive any respect from your fellow smashers if you continue to ignore my objective evaluation of your attitude.

Also, if everyone finds me irritating to be around, then why do I have friends? Why do I have people that are willing to hang out with me?
I'm not gonna lie..but honestly, you don't have that many friends.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
You know what realizzle, I've been told before by a reliable source that you've been known to start **** for no reason, and I'm not going to listen to anything you have to say. I will listen to Artarian because he is my friend. And I have plenty of friends, you don't even know me. Who says I'm only talking about smash friends.

So yea, don't bother posting again, realizzle, because I won't read it.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
So yea, don't bother posting again, realizzle, because I won't read it.
Nice job in taking the precise course of action that will lead you into sustaining your vicious cycle of smash elitism.

I'm really pleased to know that you have 0 intention of changing your ways even when I spell your social annoyances out for you quite explicitly. I'm sure that the few friends you have will be thrilled.

Silence is compliance.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Realizzle, I know JF very well and he knows now of what he needs to change about him alright? So please just leave him alone and what not ok? :) k thanks.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
ok 1st off

i myself am a cocky person but its all in good fun and trash talking to an extent is what makes smash fun.

2nd on a personal level i highly respect jf ill even list reasons for them

1.he not only housed me at his place at a smash tourney BUT he even let me have my own private room and bed which pretty much ****ing pwns (when i house ppl im like you get the couch ***** lol)

2. me and him are the proudest monkeys :p (its an inside joke)

3. we are complete and total oppisites ( jesusfreak sonofsatan i mean come on lol)

also he is my friend and to prove it i will once again list reasons

1. i made him a mutha ****in banner

2. i gave him not only a kirby toy but a pimp *** dk plushie in respect to him for playing dk.

NOW is jf a cocky *******???? imo yeah he is. is jf an arrogant elitist when it comes to smash??? only a little. BUT taking into consideration me and him always talk **** to eachother (its not serious but other peeps may take it tht way i suppose) it doesnt bother me in the slightest. if anything it makes smash more intresting (IMO)

BUT jf acts that way (sometimes) to other players as well who dont know hes just ****ing around and thus he seems like hes a *******.

now as for him gossiping behind my back i dont really know much about that but i do trust jf didnt say anything dramatically bad about me but if he did who cares were not in 3rd grade here lol. but from what i hear he has gotten dramatically better then what he was since i left (roughly about a year ago) now to make matters worse im rusty as all helll but hey no johns if i do lose all 3 of my mms im cool with it. (me lose to jf lollololololololz)

i mean i talk **** about him to im not gonna deny it. i mke fun of (and always will) the wy he holds his controller/ i mean come on wht kind of noob plays smash like that!?!? its like hes rapeingg his mutha ****in controller!!! (lollolol)

BUT ANYWAYZ back on topic i know i sux at smash and im rusty BUT if the south will have me then it would be an honor to be on south team ( iwas on south team at fc3 :) but as for me going its looking very likely as of now. and also i vote forkgirl to be on the team as well :)

last but not least i apologize for my noob typing i sux i know

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I have, Wes. He made some good points. I'll grant him that, but there were many things that he said that I felt were out of line as well. I've already spent most of the night talking with Zev and Austin about these issues, and their advice and opinions help, because they know me and care about me. Realizzle on the other hand has never met me in his life, and is making assumptions that aren't true. Like I said, some of them are, but not all of them.

Oh yea, I <3 SOS.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
)

i mean i talk **** about him to im not gonna deny it. i mke fun of (and always will) the wy he holds his controller/ i mean come on wht kind of noob plays smash like that!?!? its like hes rapeingg his mutha ****in controller!!! (lollolol)
<_<....>_>...Double claw ftw?

Anyways now that you guys are done with that (Looks like everyone is done >_>) Let's stop ****** DoH's topic and get back on track.

Who from the south is going? Do we even have 15 good players? I really don't think I am good enough to play on the team and I don't really want to unless you think I should DoH. And the only way I could see that happening is if not enough good people go...but I want the south to win as many games as possible so I really hope we have a great team. If push comes to shove though and you do need me my samus does well against space animals(especially fox) and my fox does well against Ganons and ok against peach's.

I really hope we have enough amazing players that I don't have to play on the team but if you do need another alternative or something I am going to be at FC 100%. So I am reliable to be there at least.

Wes, you should help DoH figure out who is the best of who is going and what our best team would be. Is wobbles playing for the south or the west? Forward is west coast captian so him and Taj are out of the question. I am pretty sure QDVS and Rockcrock are going so look into them DoH...I don't know how good they are compared to the other players going though but they played for south before.

I'm sure DoH knows what he is doing though so I'll just watch this thread and stop pretending that I know things haha.

Oh yeah and I am pretty cocky everyone. Just putting that out there. As well as elitest as hell on gamefaqs. XD.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
The South will always be at a disadvantage, thanks to not having things like the East Coast and the West Coast. We don't even have a coast. Most of the good players in the southern half of the country come from either California or Florida, along with Texas and Arizona. That includes one state for the South, since Forward + Taj were claimed by the West for some reason. If only I had a ride to FC, I'd show you all how to be all "lawlz Falco" with Sheik, and maybe even all "roflz Marth" with Sheik, but so it goes...

Actually, the issue of the South being disadvantaged by not having a coast makes me wonder about what effect the coasts have on Smash communities. At first I just assumed those regions to be dotted with cities with very high populations and things of that sort, but now that I think about it, there may be some reason which is less obvious than I originally thought, possibly even one which is hidden for a reason.

Think about it: how do coasts usually benefit cities? They allow for international trade by sea. Boarders do the same thing, but they mostly draw only from the countries to which they are directly attached (in the case of the South, [Mars]). So what kind of merchandise could be coming into the coasts which would affect the Smash community? I think there are two possible solutions.

The first is Smash players, as illegal immigrants. I would not put it above Ken/Manacloud to attempt to smuggle in Japanese teenagers as potential gaming commodities, or to falsely inform the immigrants with whom they meet that doing well at Smash guarantees citizenship ("being married to the game," they call it). I suspect there may be an interstate ring of assistance for illegal immigrants masterminded by Ken. We can call it the Ken Kolonial Klub, or the KKK for short. And how does this affect the South? We can only import [Marsicans], who, as everyone knows, are too busy being addicted to crack to make very good Smash players.

The other is much more sinister, if you can believe it. The coastal players may be use supernatural means to increase their powers. What deity lives in the seas to which only the coasts have proper access, and who would enjoy the site of the destruction of a gaming equilibrium? I think there's only one reasonable answer: Cthulu. With his symbolic squid-like intelligence and hyper-dextrous tentacles, Cthulu is often thought of as the god of dark gaming. I think it is not altogether unlikely that Cthulu is enlisting coastal Smashers for the purpose of upsetting the balance and creating chaos, in return for superhuman Smash skills. We of the South, again, only have [Marsican] gods, who are too busy not existing to trade anything.

In short, I think the South has become a sort of heroic resistance without even realizing it. To struggle against the tyranny of the coasts is to struggle against evil and injustice in the world. I hope we can keep fighting the good fight, even if the odds are clearly stacked against us from the beginning.

Edit: lawlz warned for being racist

Mr.C

Smash Master
that was the best post ive ever seen galt

lol

personally i think mw and south should team together

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I will probably be playing for west if I'm able to go at all, and if I want to participate in crews.

Top Bottom