• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did dinosaur and man co-exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
Does the Bible mention dinosaurs? If so, where? What about the fossil layers? How do we explain that? Also, did they co- exist with man?

In Genesis Chapter 1 verses 1 and 2 (I worded this so those persons reading my literature, whom do not read the bible, will get an intro. From now on I will worded it to Genesis 1:1 – 2 (and like so with other verses in the bible) states,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.”(NEW KING JAMES VERSION).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I read and analyzed these two verses I notice a difference in the earth’s condition from verse 1 to 2. If God is perfect in all his ways then in verse 1 the earth is in a perfect state. At this time I want you to use your imagination to get a sense of what the earth was like in verse 1. It’s fertile. It’s in a paradise state. In verse 2 the earth is without form and void. What happened? Some event took place altering the earth. If this is true than there is other evidence that will support this, right? Good thing I did found other sources supporting the different states of the earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Jeremiah 4:23 – 26 states,

23 I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light.24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled,
And all the hills moved back and forth. 25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man,
And all the birds of the heavens had fled. 26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger. (New King James Version)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In verse 23 it states earth was without form and void. This exactly the same in description of Genesis 1:2. The prophet Jeremiah is describing the earth as becoming the state described in Genesis 1:2. The verses spoken by Jeremiah also states THERE WAS NO MAN at this time. It’s apparent there are birds existing and the land indeed very fruitful. This is at ease to point out stated in Genesis 1:1 in comparison. What is interesting is that there is mention CITIES in verse 26. PAUSE A MOMENT! In verse 25 it states there was no man (meaning no human beings) at this point, did not exist. How could city exist if there isn’t any man to build these city mentioned in verse 26? If man were not there but cities were then that would only mean one thing. There was something else here before man that had intelligence.
Apparently this group was very wicked that move God into anger performing the earth’s first flood. PAUSE A MOMENT! I thought Noah’s Flood was the first flood and sttated in Genesis 7, was the first flood *Sarcastic Tone*? No, that would be incorrect if I agreed to that. Even the apostle Peter agrees to this first and second flood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In 2 peter 3 1:7 states,
“1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.” (New King James Version)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In verse 4, the fathers fell asleep and willfully forget the word of God the heavens of old. Who were the fathers? The fathers were mankind between Genesis 1:2 all the way right before the second flood occurred. From Adam to Noah were 7 generations. The people of that age willingly forgot that there was a flood before they existed. Verse 6 states before the world of the fathers existed being flooded with water. So this brings the possibility of the earth being millions of years old with dinosaur, city of Atlantis, and more pre-existed in being called the PreAdamic Age or Era.

Were there dinosaur co-existing with men? No. There are beings similar to man but there was no man before the first flood in between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Also giving the notion the theory of Evolution being as real as the characters in Star Wars: Fictional. The beings existed in between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 have no connection with Adam and Eve because of the destruction God did to the earth in the scriptures mentioned in Jer. 4:23-26.

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet

Hey look, I can post useless stuff too.

inb4infraction I so rightfully deserve.
In indeed you have post useless junk.....:laugh: You do have humor but that isn't biblical. There isn't any scripture supporting your posting. In fact my post has substance.

P.S. Nice try. All you got me to do is giggle.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We knew dinosaurs and man didn't co-exist because of science and fossils. It's not really a mystery

What was with the city of Atlantis thing? Atlantis was declared fake long ago, back in Antiquity. It wasn't until the 1800s that some people out to make a name for themselves tried to prove it

Blackadder

Smash Master
Your post has all the substance and credibility that you can get from an overweight fairy tale orgy.

To put my opinion lighty. Dinosaurs and man did not co-exist. Dinosaurs died out millions of years before little squeeky things decided it'd be neat to walk and war. The bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because man hadn't found out about them yet. Maybe the ible mentions fossils for some reason at one point, I dunno. Seems a little unlikely though. (also, if god is perfect and all his creations are thus perfect he must have
pretty low standards)

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZcztxRquo

Yes, yes I am in a somewhat low mood. Sorry if I sound harsh. S'all opinion.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
also, if god is perfect and all his creations are thus perfect he must have pretty low standards
No, just a sick sense of humour. Makes the tree, says "Hey whatever you do doooooooont touch that fruit!" then jumps out from behind a cloud and yells 'gotchya! when they do'

Thinking this might be more debate hall material than PRoom material though...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
This wouldn't last more than a post or two in the DH seeing as it'd turn into another theist vs atheist battle where the theists are always asking "what? I didn't know that" or re-defining words to suit their point (Yossarian).

Besides, aren't religious discussions taboo in the Pool Room? Why is the thread still open?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Verse 1 is meant to be a summary of creation, giving us an opening thesis.

Verse 2 gives us a perspective on the state of the earth in the beginning of creation.

They're not meant to both describe the same point in time. Supposedly dinosaurs and man did coexist, though there are very scant references to them in the Bible. I'm assuming humans were able to find shelter and form civilizations far away from dinosaurs, and likely did see them at times, except the Bible didn't find the need to mention them.

There are two references to creatures that could be taken to mean dinosaurs in Job though, if you're interested.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The Bible is the last place you want to check for historical advice, dude.

And yeah, religious discussion isn't allowed in here, due to the fact that someone always gets offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom